Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion > Aion Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Aion Unique Shut Down!

Discussion on Aion Unique Shut Down! within the Aion Private Server forum part of the Aion category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Aion Unique Shut Down!

They shut down yesterday as all the main devs left. Here is the full article in whole quoted by Atracer himself. Sorry to those Private Servers that were all leeching off of AU.. Guess you'll have to shut down too..?

"Hi all.

As the team leader and AU initiator I take responsibility for resolving current unfavorable situation with the project.

We all observed lack of good updates and noticeable growth of overall instability/number of bugs during past months. Since I left development in June, Sarynth in July, Mr.Poke and lord.rex yesterday - situation even worsened. The project now has no active leader nor active senior core developers.

Since I decided to stop development I was looking for some kind of replacement and hoped that project will proceed further (that’s why there were no any public announcement). But as experiment shown, without the organizer project starting splitting from inside.
There are still very talented and promising people in current AU dev group that can continue to work on project – Jego, tomate, Destin, rhys2002 etc. not even counting active contributors from our forum (you all know them – Divinity, rolandas etc.). But the actual point is that their actions need to be coordinated for success and new people should come enter the team (especially core side).
One thing you all should bear in mind is that aion emulator is far from completion. There are multiple areas where things need to be redesigned/refactored. Examples are AI, related NPC skills, fortresses, support for GEO and many more. These things can’t be just fixed but need dedicated people that could improve them significantly and iteratively. Also some areas need global attention – like performance, general server design etc. and this couldn’t be handled by regular forum contributions. Those who are already in “Software development” – already know all about these processes and will understand how much it is important.

Motivation/interest is also one of most important factors that drives development. Fortunately, I don’t have any private server and it resulted in my pure “educational” interest and sole dedication to the open project. As the side effect – this interest can’t last for a long time and new leader should find additional sources of motivation – open donations, delayed server build releases with open sharing between contributors etc.

Regarding SVN - I could leave project workspace for community but doing in this way - I will be still in some kind of managerial involvement. My point is that further emulator development need “hard reset”. This will imply creating new workspace with new owner who will be fully in charge of the development. Also I advise not splitting into multiple projects but create one solid community fork.
As for the forum – it’s not closed and open for further cooperation and discussion (but I’m not actual owner of it).

I couldn’t finish this post without saying thanks to all people who were involved in this project since the day I started in (September 19, 2009). I’m sure all of you got nice experience in emu development and don’t regret about the time spent. Thanks to guys who started with me - alexa026, avol, orfeo087, orz, srx47, StasON. Thanks to guys who did major contributions for our project in core section - Mr.Poke, Sarynth, lord.rex, kosyachok, Xavier, Simple and DP section - Kamui, Atomix, Nemiroff, sweetkr, Destin. Our team also got nice contributions and help from alikasfreak, tomate, Jego, lordicon, rhys2002, sphinx, stpavel, Hilgertby, Youli, zdead, rolandas, Divinity, wylovech, Master, Hellboy, RotO etc. Anyway thanks to all who has at least one or more contributions in Core or DP section.

With deep regret I announce that project discontinued. Temporal lack of core developers is not actual reason for that. And it’s not the end – treat it as necessary restructuring. I already discussed it with team members - probably there will be announced a new AU fork with old & new people and new rules. Stay tuned for further updates and don’t give up!

Best regards,
ATracer"

It will only be a matter of time before 90-98% of all the Private Servers shut down and or just never update again!
Old 08/01/2010, 12:31   #2

Yep, most servers will probably shut down now. Good for those who dont
Old 08/01/2010, 16:53   #3

wow...that sux.
Old 08/04/2010, 01:18   #4

Aion Lightning has been created!

"Dear Aion-Unique users,

I would like to inform you that we have started a new project as a continuation of the Aoin Unique project under the GPL license terms. It will be opensource like it's predecessors. The main idea is to maintain a big community of users and a community maintained code. The comminity will be for the users and not the users for a community.

The new project's name is Aion Lightning (AL). There will be an Inner Circle leading the project including previous AU core developers such as Mr.Poke and Lord_rex.

The code will be maintained on SVN on google code (check the details below). Anyone can contribute his/her code to the project. After a few good contributions if he/she wants to join he/she will be invited to the developers who can commit codes on SVN directly. A project community will be on a forum (and probably on IRC).

Our goal is to build a server step by step to be a stable basis of all Aion emulators. The stability and reliability will be more important than putting in all things as soon as possible.

Everyone can use the code for their private servers and private projects under the terms of GPL - so noone can profit from it or sell the code or the built program to anyone.

Hikari will be responsible for the forum and communications.

So here are the details again:

Project name: Aion Lightning
Lead: Mr.Poke, Lord_rex
Forum:
Project home:
SVN:
IRC: #aionlightning at Freenode (irc.freenode.net)
Ohloh: https://www.ohloh.net/p/aionlightning"

Quoted by Atracer himself.
Old 08/04/2010, 19:59   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckv1p3r View Post
Yep, most servers will probably shut down now. Good for those who dont

I would like to think that most of us have spent the time it takes to learn from the engines....there should be no reason for p servers to shut down because of this...if anyone had even half a brain and knows what they are doing they can easily pick up where this project has been left at...I' dont plan on shutting down my server...and I know of a few others that won't either...Infinite will most likely be fine....errmm ChaosMoon Gaming has an amazing
design team...so there are a few servers out there that will easily get by without AU

sad to see them go...yes
worried about it....no
Old 08/04/2010, 20:56   #6

Well, there is a bunch of servers wich don't have a developer team at all. Many of 'em just have 2-3 administrators leeching updates from AU, fixing there own stuff, etc...

Even if they have a dev-team that does not mean that there are enough devs that have the skills to work on the core.

Oh and infinite is using the very first aion-emu...
Old 08/05/2010, 11:43   #7

IF anyone needs a server come join us at : , we are a new serving and our DEV Team is part of Aion Lightning so we will get constant new updates! Come join us now!
Old 08/05/2010, 19:13   #8

Not trying to go off topic, but your site looks horrid and I seriously doubt you are one of the main devs of Lightning since it's Open Source. Everyone is a basic dev.. You're just one of the many leechers I'm sure, and I doubt you will get any players.
Old 08/06/2010, 23:29   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckv1p3r View Post
Well, there is a bunch of servers wich don't have a developer team at all. Many of 'em just have 2-3 administrators leeching updates from AU, fixing there own stuff, etc...

Even if they have a dev-team that does not mean that there are enough devs that have the skills to work on the core.

Oh and infinite is using the very first aion-emu...
Hi, Just Aion =)
Your Server have a Developerteam yeah !
But your Server lifes from Unique Updates ONLY

Bye Bye JA
Old 08/07/2010, 02:31   #10

Im not one of the main DEVS but our ADMIN at Aion Rebirth is a Junior DEV i believe there you can go check it yourself. HIS name is Nastus on the list

go check it out before you talk **** please. just cause our website is in beta doesnt mean squat.
Old 08/07/2010, 03:08   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven Aion View Post
Hi, Just Aion =)
Your Server have a Developerteam yeah !
But your Server lifes from Unique Updates ONLY

Bye Bye JA
Möchtest du mir etwas mitteilen?
Viel Glück mit dem Network übrigens...
Old 08/07/2010, 09:53   #12

Nur ein wenig stenkern. =P
Laut vieler euere Exmember habt ihr im Hintergrund viel mist geaut.
Habta das in den Griff bekommen? Hab mal viel von JA gehalten.
Wär schade drum =)

Ach und danke =D
Old 08/07/2010, 16:19   #13

Viele unserer Ex-Member haben auch garkeine Ahnung...

Quote:
Hab mal viel von JA gehalten.
Nichts geht über moralische Unterstützung.

Pass auf...ihr würdet nicht die ersten sein die 'nen pServer aufgrund eines Networks in den Sand setzen.
Old 08/07/2010, 16:24   #14

Ich habe auch nicht wirklich Lust auf das Network xD
WoW *kotz* >.<'
Najut klemmen wa uns den Smalltalk nu^^ sonst haun uns noch die Mods hier qq ^^
Old 08/07/2010, 19:11   #15

This topic was made by myself who is an English speaker only.. Can you please keep it English only or bring it elsewhere, because I would like to understand what's being said.. Thanks. I hope you heed to my requests.