Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Aion > Aion Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Looking for testers for new private pvp-server

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Looking for testers for new private pvp-server

Hi Epvp,

we currently need testers for a new Private Server. This will be a PvP-Only server with a remake of the absyss system.

Remake (of the Absyss system):
- Instead of absyss points there now is might.
- More might means more bounty.
- If you have much might and therefore more bounty, and get killed, the person who kills you in a PvP-match will get more might from you than from other players.
- Custom Battlegrounds. Now really custom. We have ideas for some high-tactical bg's.

^This is very simplified. But its the main idea.

Feautres:
- Bounty&Might system - which makes PvP fun again
You do not have to wait until youre an higher rank. Just go one and PvP!
- You do not have to pay anything @ this server.
- Ingame Might shop with graphical interface (Interface of toll shop; Toll = Might!).
- Start level @55. A decent armor is given.
- NO godstones. They are OP in our Opinion. To reuse them, graphical, but no enhenchment effects are used. The Godstone effects are used to indicate the ladder-rank of an person.
- Ladder: The best players come into the ladder. They get special effects, but not special enhenchments. But they will have some decent better weapons - i guess (since they have more might to spend).

This is the list of feautres already implemented.

Requirements:
- You must be able to download 9.5 GB of AION.
- Basic understandments of AION - the more the better.
- Be open for critisism. But only if it's legimate.
- Basic understanding of the instructions
- You must be able to define clearly where a bug is and why
- Fluent english is not a must, but a decent english is necessary.

Since I do not know much about the politics to other boards here, I won't insert a link to the project atm. It's a sub-project from another board - so chances are high these boards do NOT understand each other.
If you want a to contribute, send me a PM. I will then send you the Link to the Project forums.

PLEASE NOTE: THE SERVER IS IN A TESTING STATE - IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO REALLY PLAY ON IT YET, FOR WE HAVE TO REMOVE SOME BUGS FIRST. IT WILL BE RELEASED WHEN THE HEAD-DEVELOPERS DECIDE ITS FINISHED!

Old   #2

Bumping this.

I am the main developer and have been working on this over the past month and a few weeks; this server is already cutting-edge concerning Aion private servers: in-game shop, alliance system, chatserver, cool ladder system where you can play both solo and randomly grouped against other players, a deathmatch arena used in small ever-occuring events (which is TONS of fun) and much much more.

Because this server focuses on PvP only, you also don't have to worry your mind about having to PvE or vote endlessly (like on all other servers) to get your gear. You start with pretty nice gear and you will quickly rake up Might which can be used in the in-game shop to purchase all sorts of stuff.
To keep the PvP balanced, stigma skills are not auto-learned, but can be purchased very cheap from the in-game shop to let you customize the build of your character; all the while you are building up your abyss rank which gives you a cool weapon effect.

Old   #3

I'll help out. Shoot me a PM with details.
Old   #4

i am willing to try it

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzkath View Post
i am willing to try it
That's good to hear. Check out the PM I've sent to you.

I am currently re-designing the Deathmatch and Ladder system into a Battleground system (also with ranked ladder) and as mentioned before: this server is cutting-edge and I am already making the preparations for 2.5.

The Battleground system shakes things up a bit, by allowing many different match modes (deathmatch, TvT, TvTvT, capture the flag, defend fortress, etc.). So you never know what's gonna happen before you enter a match - even the group size (sometimes alliance!) is dynamic and takes into account how many players signed up for a match.

Couple this with balanced PvP, a gear cap and solid developers - sounds interesting?
Old   #6

Dude pm me im willing to try it. thanks in advance!!!!!
Old   #7

Its nice how this server gets resonance. SuneC and I have thought of some major new gamemods which will make it awsome. These are implemented atm (very much stuff to do for it ). I will update when it is ready for testing ...
Old   #8

Hows this going? Id be interested in helping with the testing.
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspratte View Post
Hows this going? Id be interested in helping with the testing.
Well, the new Battleground system's core is almost completely polished now. Tons of cool BG's (which have already been designed) will then be added which will be randomly picked and filled with players randomly teamed up across races.

I will also be coding support for tournaments where players can set up groups (or even alliances) beforehand. They will also use the Battlegrounds.

Got some interesting game modes I'm dieing to implement
Old   #11

Sorry guys,
it seems through a name change the spam protection question got outdated. If you still want to try it, now you can. The Data is still as provided in the PM's.
Old   #12

Hey, would love to be able to test! I've been meaning to get back to Aion for while now, and seeing this server really got me hyped.
Love the concept of just being able to go out and PvP.
Old   #13

Give me a try
Old   #14

Dude .. let me join beta testing too .. ) .. yeah! .. a private server giving a beta testing ,, well first time seeing this
Old   #15

A big thanks to all the guys who've joined the project as Testers. It wouldn't be possible without you

The very cool Battleground system that the whole server is based on has been completed. So far there are 8 battlegrounds - and more will be made of course - which have been tested and are working. This also means that the public launch of the server is approaching, so here I bring you a description of the initial system:

Quote:
When entering a battleground, all of your skill cooldowns are reset - your item cooldowns are NOT reset though.
In battlegrounds where you are divided into teams, different teams will be clearly identifyable by a cape colored in relation to the name of their team (blue, red, yellow, green and so on) and where the legion name is usually displayed, the team name is located.

In all battlegrounds where a kill count matters, it is important to know that kills are gained by last-hitting the enemy player. There is also a timer that shows how much time is left of the current battleground. If the objective of the battleground is to simply kill the opposing team/players, then failing to do so before the timer runs out will result in a draw.

The first 8 battlegrounds are the following:
  • Deathmatch - this battleground features a player cap of 12 (minimum 6) where no one can find safety. You respawn a few seconds after dieing in one of 3 random spots (with spawn protection) and the player with the most kills in the end wins. While the battleground is running, achieving killing streaks will be announced to indicate who's on roll - but the actual statistics are hidden!

• 4-Player Survivor - last man standing wins. This is a small and compact (cool-looking) battleground that may be over before you know it if you're not paying serious attention.

• 2-Team Small - with a varying team size from 2 to 4, this battleground is the first one to show how the system distinguishes teams, though not of much importance here. There are no special objectives.

• 2-Team Normal - very much like the smaller version, but this features a team size from 4 to 6. There is much more space to spread yourself out on in this battleground though; if it will be an advantage is totally up to you.

• 3-Team Kill Count - this is the first battleground to require proper tactics in your team do operate well. With a team size varying from 3 to 6 how you experience this battleground may be very different from time to time. Every 30 seconds (on the timer) dead players are resurrected at their spawn locations. Choosing whether to re-group before entering the fight again may have significant impact on your result.

• 3-Team King of the Hill - much like the name implies, the goal of this battleground is to become King of the Hill. To do so, you must from the start be very quick at hitting the "artifact" (you won't be able to miss it) in the "middle" a number of times after which your team becomes King of the Hill and the "artifact" despawns. It is then your duty to stay alive for as long as possible until your team is slain and the artifact spawns again, letting the other teams become King. If your team is not King then you will respawn every 30 seconds (on the timer), but if you are, then you will NOT respawn until someone else claims the "throne". This adds a heavy tactical element, because putting out one of the teams for an additional 30 seconds by watching the timer may decide a battle.

• 4-Team - this battleground is a complete massacre. The team size varies from 2-4 and the winning condition is to be the last team alive. Much like the 2-Team normal and small battlegrounds this is a matter of being good at killing the enemy and staying alive yourself. But now you're fighting 3 other teams instead of 1, how will you cope?

• 2-Alliance War on Resources - a highly strategic battleground aimed at larger teams. The group size can vary from as low as 6 to 18 but the objective remains the same: Gather as much Ore as you can while hindering the enemy in doing so. Ore nodes spawn at a few locations in the map and they have one "charge" each. You will be fighting over these nodes with your enemies, attempting to stun or kill ones that have reached the node before you, snaring them on the way to it when you both spot it and so on. Distributing roles in the team such as "Gatherer", "Protector" and "Snarer" may play a great part in determining the outcome of the battle - especially when a team size of 18 is possible.