Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 23:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[TUTORIAL] Starter friendly tutorial to searching for Nuke casting time [TUTORIAL]

Discussion on [TUTORIAL] Starter friendly tutorial to searching for Nuke casting time [TUTORIAL] within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[TUTORIAL] Starter friendly tutorial to searching for Nuke casting time [TUTORIAL]

If you already have Cheat Engine and know how to use it, skip to part 4 of the tutorial.

1. Introduction
This forum has helped me quite a bit, so I decided to give something back
Now I've noticed there are quite a few who ask for nuke casting time hacks / address', and I've also noticed, that there are quite a few who are REALLY annoyed with these questions, so I decided to write this so both sides can benefit from it.

2. Getting started
First off, you need to have Cheat Engine downloaded (sorry for those who use Resolution Engine, this is a guide using CE)
You can download it for free by clicking this link:

3. Cheat Engine Basics

Step 1: Install Cheat Engine.

Step 2: Locate and open Cheat Engine.

Step 3: Launch 9Dragons.

Step 4: Click the shiny button at top left of Cheat Engine.

Step 5: Select 9Dragons from the Process List, then click Open.

Now, this was the beginning, here's where the hard stuff start.

4. Let the hacking begin!

Step 1: You need to found out how much the casting time for a nuke is. To do this, select the skills, and you should see Casting Time 0.5 (C1), 0.8 (C2), 1.2 (C3) and so on. The listed values are for OC1 Slowness nuke.

Step 2: Once you have found out how many seconds the casting time is, you need to multiply it by 1000, so you find out how many milliseconds the casting time is.
Example Cheng 1 OC1 Slowness nuke is 0.5, so 0.5*1000=500. It takes 500 milliseconds to cast.

Step 3: Now if that's done, you need to find the address of the casting time. To do that, first write 500 into the value box. Now to make things easier, I've found out, that nuke casting times are stores between address of 03000000 and 04000000 (correct me if I'm wrong, I've only tested this with OC1 Slowness nuke), so you only want those address' to show up, that's why you change the memory scan options to start from 03000000 and to stop at 04000000. Once that's done, you Cheat Engine screen should look like this:

Notice at top middle, mine's showing 00000B50-cheatengine-i386.exe, that's because 9Dragons takes up a lot of CPU, so it would be slower for me to have 9D started and write this guide at the same time, your's should show 00000FB0-NINEDRAGONS.EXE

Step 4: Click First Scan, and wait for it to finish. Doing so, a ton of address' should show up at grey box in the left-middle of the Cheat Engine window. That's all fine. (In my case, only 4 address' showed up, because I'm not doing it on 9Dragons, but in your case, usually 100+ show up).

Step 5: Select all of the address' by clicking the one at the top, then scrolling all the way down and clicking while holding shift key. When done, click the arrow pointing towards the bottom right, marked with red on the picture:

Step 6: After waiting a little, the address' should show up at the bottom of the window, just like in the picture:

Step 7: Again, click select all of them by clicking the top one, scrolling down to the bottom and clicking the last one while holding shift.

Step 8: When all of them are selected press Enter. Doing so, a window should pop up, with the title Change Value. In that window, write 0 for instant cast., then click OK.

Step 9: When that's done, all values should change to 0.

Step 10: Now with that done, all you need to do is freeze all of them. To do so, when all of them are selected, press Space. Doing so, the little boxes on the bottom right should have an X in them.

Step 11: Minimize Cheat Engine and enjoy instant casting

5. Suggestion after getting used to it

If you get used to this, and you don't want to change 500 address', you could pinpoint the address by changing where the search starts/ends until you find one address.

6. My request
Please keep the thread alive, so everyone can learn instead of making a new thread every time he needs something
If it was helpful, please click Thanks at bottom right of my post ^_^
Thanks
13 Users
Old 02/01/2011, 16:48   #2

great guide. how bout recast time?
Old 02/01/2011, 17:08   #3

recast is server sided
Old 02/01/2011, 17:54   #4

As posted above, recast is server sided, and VE usage is also server sided (no grinding w/o medi )
Old 02/02/2011, 17:58   #5

does not work... i always get scan error trying to get my oc 9 nuke instant cast lol
Old 02/03/2011, 01:28   #6

Do you have MSN/Team Viewer so I can help you out?
Old 02/03/2011, 05:42   #7

Nice guide, but to be honest, this is a pretty bad way of doing it. If you change all 1,000+ addresses (yes, I get that many when searching 03000000-04000000) to 0, you're changing a hell of a lot more than the cast time of 1 skill. Chances of ******** something up in your game are pretty high, and you'll likely encounter problems such as crashing when switching maps. I doubt you could do any permanent harm by doing this, but you really should find the specific address anyway, if only for the convenience of being able to leave the address changed without worrying about crashing.

It's not even hard or time-consuming to find it. Just try changing half of the list at a time; if it doesn't change the cast-time, change the values back to 2000 and delete that half. If it does change, delete the other half. Keep doing it until you have a reasonable amount of addresses, then try them 1 by 1 until you find it. Doing it this way takes no more than a few minutes and it saves you a lot of frustration from inevitable errors/crashes.
Old 02/03/2011, 14:20   #8

Yeah, I know it's easier to do it like that, but I've done it like this, no crash, and it's easier for starters to understand like this.
Old 02/05/2011, 15:21   #9

i don't get any addresses...i search for 2000 and nothing...what should i do?
Old 02/05/2011, 15:37   #10

What skill are you searching for + what level it?
Old 02/08/2011, 14:24   #11

umm i dont mean to be a nag but umm its not workin for me can u send me the file in a form were its ready to use one or 2 clicks (send me the form for dummies plz)
Old 02/09/2011, 08:22   #12

That's not true that recast time is server sided, at least not for all skills. Although I couldn't find address for first hybrid heal skill (this one may be server sided) I managed to remove recast time for basic bandit protection, basic bandit lightfoot, and first spear smash . I've also found address for no recast time after you finish combo (so you can for example use lightfoot faster, if you need to run away when your hp is low ).
Old 02/09/2011, 13:17   #13

any one found any adrese for second role G1 9dragons the new skils after EC6?