Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 15:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The difference between hard/software keystrokes

Discussion on The difference between hard/software keystrokes within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hi all,

I recently joined so forgive my noobies questions

I was wondering how Keystrokes made by software and hardware are different. The reason for this the "Logitech Revolution mouse" can asign other Keys to it's Buttons even keyboad keys how come Gameguard allows this?

Does Gameguard only block what it knows or is this only partly the case?
Old 02/15/2009, 23:49   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKNewB View Post
Hi all,

I recently joined so forgive my noobies questions

I was wondering how Keystrokes made by software and hardware are different. The reason for this the "Logitech Revolution mouse" can asign other Keys to it's Buttons even keyboad keys how come Gameguard allows this?

Does Gameguard only block what it knows or is this only partly the case?
this i am interested in as i have just bought the MX revoltution and i need to assign other buttons for co
Old 02/17/2009, 00:25   #3

Because Gameguard cant blok the mouse driver its needed to play most games.

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Simulating Keystrokes
11/18/2011 - General Gaming Releases - 6 Replies
Hi folks, usually I am not releasing my stuff. But here is a small hint for "do it yourself" people, how to simulate keystrokes for Warhammer Online. The usual way to do that via Postmessage or kbdevent does NOT work here, because Warhammer is a DirectInput game. It cost me some hours to figure out a proper but easy way how to do it: INPUT input;
Aion 1.9.0.3 sending keystrokes in background mode
08/29/2010 - Aion - 1 Replies
Hello to all! I'am trying to send keystrokes in BACKGROUND MODE to AION client using C++ (Builder2009): I do it like that: ... PostMessage(Window,WM_KEYDOWN, VK_OEM_MINUS, 0x00020001); ... This function works good for me, but as i can see i can't send WASD or VK_MENU(ALT) and more, something like game protection
[HELP] Visual Basic Keystrokes to Minimized Windows.
03/31/2009 - Silkroad Online - 7 Replies
Sorry If this is in the wrong forum, but I know some of you are quite knowledgeable in this subject. I've been making scripts for personal use with AutoIt lately, but I have encountered many issues sending simulated keystrokes to a window that isn't visible. Right, I know that ControlSend will send any keystroke with the handle. I can do this, no problem. But I have issues with the keystrokes being sent to other editable text boxes, like this thread for example, this really does stop the...
How can i send keystrokes to an application in background
04/09/2008 - Archlord - 3 Replies
i need something like a macro that can send keystrokes to an application in background and loop the sending in delay of 2 minutes or something... Any1 have an idea how can i do this or where can i download such program?
Verschiedene Arten um Keystrokes zu simulieren?
08/04/2007 - General Coding - 9 Replies
Hi, hat irgendwer Ahnung was für verschiedene Möglichkeiten es gibt Tastendrücke an ne andere Applikation zu testen? Also, welche Funktionen werden von den ganzen Makro Tools benutzt? Mich wundert es halt, dass GameGuard z.B. so tools wie Synergy oder das MakroTeil der G15 ignoriert, aber auf der anderen Seite funktioniert das N52 einwandfrei. Da muss es also unterschiede geben....