Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 16:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

9d2 source exchange 9d1 source

Discussion on 9d2 source exchange 9d1 source within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
9d2 source exchange 9d1 source

who have 9d1 new source ? not the 2008 version..need 2010 or 2015 version

Old 04/14/2019, 03:32   #2

The 9D2 source is mainly used as a proof of concept, and without a skilled team to develop it is completely worthless. There is no gameplay, there is no full functionality (a lot of it is either not hooked into the game itself, or in a very rudimentary state) and there isn't really much to work from.

When we were considering on whether we were going to work on it, we were doing so taking into an account of using 3-4 skilled developers, 2-3 designers, and several content developers. That was about the bare minimum that I viewed as a viable team for the state of the source code with input from our main network programmer. It would also take 1-2 years minimum with a lot of work to get the game to a workable state worth releasing at, and that was with cutting corners where we could.

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/14/2019, 04:07   #3

yes,bro,,you are right...its base source.
Old 04/14/2019, 06:11   #4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12sky2Server View Post
yes,bro,,you are right...its base source.
Please share it to everyone continue development it

Old 04/16/2019, 02:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethbtc View Post
Please share it to everyone continue development it
If you read my previous post, that is the bare minimum required to accomplish anything with it.

The developers you would need would have to have had experience developing an engine from scratch at a foundation level (not Unity/Unreal/Godot/Lumberyard), and that is very very rare in private servers. You would need to work on everything from the networking, to the graphics and how animations are handled, inventory/storage systems (this is a huge one, if you do mistakes here you open yourself up to dupes very easily), mob AI and everything else.

Practically everything is in a very very rough state, and was only meant to showcase possibilities with the game, and it shouldn't be used other than as a potential idea of what the original devs were going for.

Any existing content/models and the like are rough, and need to be re-designed. The data itself is mostly just placeholder or borrowed from 9D1 at it's current state, so without skilled game designers and 3D modelers, you're not going to get far.

Also when I'm saying skilled, I'm literally meaning someone who has the equivalent of at least ~2-4 years of heavy college or industry experience. Programmers definitely need to be knowledgeable of almost every asset of engine design, and the 3D modelers need to know how to do more than just a basic rig/texture and export out to Unity or Unreal, otherwise you're going to suffer.

Game designers... It's more a matter of being able to keep your focus on what you wish to accomplish and knowing how to link systems together, which isn't easy and if you have no experience with it you will still suffer in implementation.
Old 04/16/2019, 03:12   #6

I can exchange with you. How can I contact you?

« [9D Asura] - Role 3, class title | Please help, can't log into 2008 VN server files. »