Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 12:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

9Dragons 2

Discussion on 9Dragons 2 within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
9Dragons 2

Is there any interest in a 9Dragons 2 server at all, especially if features and content was brought over from 9 Dragons?

We (AdeptGamer) have been dabbling with the source code between work on other projects to see where it is at in terms of features and content. So far we have it in game and have tested out the basics, but still need to translate from Korean and look further into the content available.

Screenshot from in-game:

Mostly just seeing if the community for this has any interest of a possible server, or if the developer should just play around in his spare time.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/23/2017, 10:21   #2

If this is true, we can help you spread the word about this. +1
Old 12/23/2017, 11:09   #3

Received Thanks: 1,013
You made me curious, man. If there is a source code (not just the server/client files) - there is a lot of stuff you can implement (include the content not released outside KR). That's probably something you can go for.

If you are interested in some of the ideas (based on other MMOs experiences as well), feel free to add me & PM.
Old 12/23/2017, 12:48   #4

elite*gold: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4V4N View Post
Is there any interest in a 9Dragons 2 server at all, especially if features and content was brought over from 9 Dragons?

We (AdeptGamer) have been dabbling with the source code between work on other projects to see where it is at in terms of features and content. So far we have it in game and have tested out the basics, but still need to translate from Korean and look further into the content available.

Screenshot from in-game:

Mostly just seeing if the community for this has any interest of a possible server, or if the developer should just play around in his spare time.
So there's another source out there? Pretty interesting. I assume this is using the new so called "Engine v1.5" ? Or are you talking about the real 9D 2, which was a topic few years ago?
I've never seen the v1.5 version so I can't tell if it differs that big from the original 9D.
Nevertheless I think this would bring fresh wind into the community and I see some potential.
Old 12/23/2017, 13:54   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTT View Post
So there's another source out there? Pretty interesting. I assume this is using the new so called "Engine v1.5" ? Or are you talking about the real 9D 2, which was a topic few years ago?
I've never seen the v1.5 version so I can't tell if it differs that big from the original 9D.
Nevertheless I think this would bring fresh wind into the community and I see some potential.
There's a big difference between 1.5 and 9d2. The former is a new project of KR developers they want to move their old XKernel to new stuff (UE/Unity?), while the latter was potentially in development and included stuff like pets/mounts and completely different systems. That's strange, to see such a thing after so many years.
Old 12/24/2017, 00:53   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTT View Post
Here is a screenshot of client source:

We have server and client source for 9D1 and 9D2, but 9D2 was something one of our developers wanted to mess around with as a challenge. We're more likely to work on 9D2 because there aren't servers for it, and we would have freedom with new features and mechanics.
Old 12/24/2017, 01:01   #7

With source code there is definitely potential but without further demonstration of what is on offer or what the 'team' can provide then to me it's just propaganda. Definitely going to keep an eye on this if there is a dedicated thread or page?
Old 12/24/2017, 04:48   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtJamie View Post
With source code there is definitely potential but without further demonstration of what is on offer or what the 'team' can provide then to me it's just propaganda. Definitely going to keep an eye on this if there is a dedicated thread or page?
I was pretty upfront about what I was after in the OP; I want to see if there would be interest in us to dedicate some attention and assets towards this, or should we shelve it and leave it as a side project for when one of our primary developers is bored and taking a break from other projects.

If you want to know about our team/network (AdeptGamer) you can PM me as I don't want this to become a spiel or actual propgnada. In general however we're not that active here, and most of the developers for our network are more well known on the other site(s) for private servers.
Old 12/24/2017, 11:34   #9

Quote:
Here is a screenshot of client source:

We have server and client source for 9D1 and 9D2, but 9D2 was something one of our developers wanted to mess around with as a challenge. We're more likely to work on 9D2 because there aren't servers for it, and we would have freedom with new features and mechanics.
Hmm, which version of 9D1 sources? It may be also interesting to start both of the servers, though 9D2 is something completely new and kinda fresh.
Old 12/24/2017, 13:20   #10

Quote:
I was pretty upfront about what I was after in the OP; I want to see if there would be interest in us to dedicate some attention and assets towards this, or should we shelve it and leave it as a side project for when one of our primary developers is bored and taking a break from other projects.

If you want to know about our team/network (AdeptGamer) you can PM me as I don't want this to become a spiel or actual propgnada. In general however we're not that active here, and most of the developers for our network are more well known on the other site(s) for private servers.
There would be a lot of attention but this community itself is dead so this really isn't going to generate anything for you. I'll drop you a pm as I'm interested what other community you are using.
Old 12/24/2017, 21:24   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
Hmm, which version of 9D1 sources? It may be also interesting to start both of the servers, though 9D2 is something completely new and kinda fresh.
With the other projects we have, we wouldn't add two games. We'd take the one that we think is more interesting, which would be 9D2 in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtJamie View Post
There would be a lot of attention but this community itself is dead so this really isn't going to generate anything for you. I'll drop you a pm as I'm interested what other community you are using.
Not everything is about profit, some of our projects are just pet projects or things we find interesting.
Old 12/25/2017, 00:22   #12

Quote:
With the other projects we have, we wouldn't add two games. We'd take the one that we think is more interesting, which would be 9D2 in this case.

Not everything is about profit, some of our projects are just pet projects or things we find interesting.
Look at this community. More or less every 'project' has been about the players. This game has been built around the p2w mentality. What is going to change from you guys?
Old 12/25/2017, 09:41   #13

I would love to try 9D 2. if you can also share a vid of small gameplay
Old 12/25/2017, 13:04   #14

From my part. If you wanna go and open a 9D2 Server I think you make a huge mistake.
Once back in the days I had access to a server of 9D2 and after 2 days I got bored. 9Dragons 2 is just a name, it have nothing to do with 9Dragons. I think best solution if you have full source is go for 9Dragons 1, More people love a server with full source but not p2w. We are not a huge community and as Jamie said we are a dead one. But I think if you bring what the official one have will gain you a nice number of players. I have friends who play on the official one who will quit in the day when a server witht that content will show up and won't be p2w.

I must not be agree with Jamie in one of his argue. You can get some money of it, you have to keep people tuned and do not go huge prices. I have friends who donated over 1k$ at once on private server.

Kind Regards
Old 12/25/2017, 13:28   #15

If you can provide regular updates and over time prove there is going to be no payment wall, you will see players slowly return but it isn't going to be instant as I'm sure you are well aware of being in this development.

Merry Christmas!