Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 20:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

9Dragons 2

Discussion on 9Dragons 2 within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 12/25/2017, 18:26   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtJamie View Post
Look at this community. More or less every 'project' has been about the players. This game has been built around the p2w mentality. What is going to change from you guys?
None of our games utilize a p2w mentality; Dragon's Prophet has an initial payment wall of unlocking slots for Dragon Lair and Stable, yet we give two of each away initially to help players.

High costs or pushing for sales doesn't make a profitable server; developing a community, decent pricing and frequent sales does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andu800 View Post
I would love to try 9D 2. if you can also share a vid of small gameplay
Once the developer got it in game he stopped working on it, as it was mostly just a challenge between working on issues on one of our other servers.

Reason for this thread is to see whether or not we should put some resources into this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sare00 View Post
From my part. If you wanna go and open a 9D2 Server I think you make a huge mistake.
Once back in the days I had access to a server of 9D2 and after 2 days I got bored. 9Dragons 2 is just a name, it have nothing to do with 9Dragons. I think best solution if you have full source is go for 9Dragons 1, More people love a server with full source but not p2w. We are not a huge community and as Jamie said we are a dead one. But I think if you bring what the official one have will gain you a nice number of players. I have friends who play on the official one who will quit in the day when a server witht that content will show up and won't be p2w.

I must not be agree with Jamie in one of his argue. You can get some money of it, you have to keep people tuned and do not go huge prices. I have friends who donated over 1k$ at once on private server.

Kind Regards
We would be using 9D2's updated base to bring back some of 9D1's content and features probably, as well as adding new ones. The base server is overall much better than 9D1, which is why we're not as much interested in doing a 9D1 server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtJamie View Post
If you can provide regular updates and over time prove there is going to be no payment wall, you will see players slowly return but it isn't going to be instant as I'm sure you are well aware of being in this development.

Merry Christmas!
That's the reason for using source code.
Old 12/25/2017, 18:33   #17

Received Thanks: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sare00 View Post
From my part. If you wanna go and open a 9D2 Server I think you make a huge mistake.
Once back in the days I had access to a server of 9D2 and after 2 days I got bored. 9Dragons 2 is just a name, it have nothing to do with 9Dragons. I think best solution if you have full source is go for 9Dragons 1, More people love a server with full source but not p2w. We are not a huge community and as Jamie said we are a dead one. But I think if you bring what the official one have will gain you a nice number of players. I have friends who play on the official one who will quit in the day when a server witht that content will show up and won't be p2w.

I must not be agree with Jamie in one of his argue. You can get some money of it, you have to keep people tuned and do not go huge prices. I have friends who donated over 1k$ at once on private server.

Kind Regards
I never had the chance to see 9D2. If sources of 9D1 are complete and quite recent (2015 or later), it's going to provide a lot of profit.

RF would be awesome if it wouldn't be so much p2w. Content-wise, it seems kinda good, but making the endgame stuff without buying credits is close to impossible.
Old 12/25/2017, 21:17   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4V4N View Post
None of our games utilize a p2w mentality; Dragon's Prophet has an initial payment wall of unlocking slots for Dragon Lair and Stable, yet we give two of each away initially to help players.
I mean if you got the resources to spare and the time to give it an opportunity, try it and see what the feedback is like?
Old 12/25/2017, 23:19   #19

With so many game engines around for free, ain't it better to start a project from point zero with a good team and make something good for people, rather than trying to patch codes and get ourselves headache?! I myself took my look toward CryEngine, along with a custom server. I've always made servers (for games and apps) one way or another, in any language that required 'em, and am eager to get into such a project. Problem is that people are getting more and more lazy and no one wants to cooperate any project. And spare time is THE main issue around.
Sigh, this is a long-story mode and it's not the topic to be flooded.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/26/2017, 02:16   #20

I'm fairly certain sheik was working on a 9d project using the models and unity as the game engine but I don't know how far he got. I know you need to export the xbp files for the skeleton and the x3d for the model but no idea other than that.
Old 12/26/2017, 03:45   #21

Quote:
We have server and client source for 9D1
What year is it from?
Old 12/26/2017, 03:48   #22

Great, very good graphics
Old 12/26/2017, 12:05   #23

U gonna be rich lmao
Old 12/27/2017, 20:43   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D_player View Post
With so many game engines around for free, ain't it better to start a project from point zero with a good team and make something good for people, rather than trying to patch codes and get ourselves headache?! I myself took my look toward CryEngine, along with a custom server. I've always made servers (for games and apps) one way or another, in any language that required 'em, and am eager to get into such a project. Problem is that people are getting more and more lazy and no one wants to cooperate any project. And spare time is THE main issue around.
Sigh, this is a long-story mode and it's not the topic to be flooded.
While switching out the engine is possible for some games, it is not easy, fast or really worth it. You would need either a large team or a lot of money to do so, and then you have to hope the investment is worth it. This is harder to do with a game that has a very specific art style or game style because changing to a new engine usually introduces new limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
What year is it from?
We have several versions, but the newest source is 2013 client, which is most important. You can do way more with client source than you can with server source, and you can always add content from the client to the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Terror] View Post
U gonna be rich lmao
If it were about money we could just do Elsword, Grandchase or another anime-style cash shop game. We're interested more in building communities.
Old 12/27/2017, 21:32   #25

elite*gold: 100
I would like to see more about this 9D 2, so please work on it and show us progress.

If i see any potential in it, i am also willing to help out.
Old 12/27/2017, 21:38   #26

Quote:
We have several versions, but the newest source is 2013 client, which is most important. You can do way more with client source than you can with server source, and you can always add content from the client to the server.
A 2013 version of 9D1 that works on Windows 10 has the potential to take players looking for a better experience from the live server(s). I don't think 9D2 would bring more players in the long term compared to having a better 9D1 server, but I could be wrong.

The current 9D1 private servers suffer from not being able to add all the mobs, weapons, etc. into the game since the values are hard coded. Unable to see other players cloth effects from decos, unable to refine past +12 on the client, and only 23 maps. There are also tons of issues with damage since a few values are all calculated using short or unsigned short. This causes damage overflows when you have too much damage ( weapon refinement, relics, etc. ) that brings you past 32767 damage in PvP or 65535 in PvE. There's a lot more issues than this, too many to list but a lot of them are somewhat fixed in the newer sources.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/27/2017, 21:50   #27

Quote:
We're interested more in building communities.
Building communities in 9D? That's like building a brick house without bricks.
Makes no sense. Out of all the available MMORPG's you chose 9D to build communities with? ****. Gonna be hell of task.
Old 12/27/2017, 23:01   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ™Sin™ View Post
I would like to see more about this 9D 2, so please work on it and show us progress.

If i see any potential in it, i am also willing to help out.
Right now we're finishing up some current projects and coming up with the roadmap for next year based on current progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
A 2013 version of 9D1 that works on Windows 10 has the potential to take players looking for a better experience from the live server(s). I don't think 9D2 would bring more players in the long term compared to having a better 9D1 server, but I could be wrong.

The current 9D1 private servers suffer from not being able to add all the mobs, weapons, etc. into the game since the values are hard coded. Unable to see other players cloth effects from decos, unable to refine past +12 on the client, and only 23 maps. There are also tons of issues with damage since a few values are all calculated using short or unsigned short. This causes damage overflows when you have too much damage ( weapon refinement, relics, etc. ) that brings you past 32767 damage in PvP or 65535 in PvE. There's a lot more issues than this, too many to list but a lot of them are somewhat fixed in the newer sources.
9D2 probably would not have more players than 9D1, but it does have a better foundation. The graphics are better, the source is cleaner and easier to work with (according to developer), and a lot of foundation work has been done for expanding the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund1991 View Post
Building communities in 9D? That's like building a brick house without bricks.
Makes no sense. Out of all the available MMORPG's you chose 9D to build communities with? Damn. Gonna be hell of task.
You say it makes no sense, but you contacted me privately asking for us to hand over source/files that is not public?

Again, reason for the thread is to see what type of interest there is, and whether or not it's worth the time and resource investment. There has been a small amount of interest from people passionate about the game, but a lot of it has been people downplaying the community or trying to either get us to give them files, bring them onto our team or to help them with their projects.

As such I'll just be ignoring people with self-serving interests.
Old 12/28/2017, 02:52   #29

I wish you the best of luck with this project. I would really like to see something good arise from this game. I know like myself there are still some veterans still kicking around but the numbers are dropping. If there is one thing I would like to see it would be a complete rehaul of the story or an actual explanation of the missing nine dragons.
Old 12/28/2017, 04:27   #30

can you show us an in game video?