Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 04:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

9Dragons Bardo Style vs Tao style

Discussion on 9Dragons Bardo Style vs Tao style within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
9Dragons Bardo Style vs Tao style

Hello guys , if you have to choose to play on a server like bardo with :
No LUCID decos
No WSC
No BELT
old permanent / 30 days deco
no starting weapons without level
no +1/2 scrolls
WD weapons , and BD with 4 slots / hermits - The best
with rates like : x7 xp / x4 drop / x20 kung fu and with events in weekend and Lucky cricket in weekday
no new skills on nukers / ck hyb / warriors with 999k dmg
rafine rates +
+3 - 100%
+4 - 100%
+5 - 85%
+6 - 75%
+7 - 60%
+8 - 40%
+9 - 25%
+10 - 15%
+11 - 10%
+12 - 5%
With tender stones : 2x / 3x / 4x
Or a server like 9D PK or one like official with huge rates , what you would choose ?
Old 12/04/2014, 13:56   #2

There are lots to consider, I personally can come up with a better concept... Nobody likes RTD quests... So auto-2nd role is necessary... Also, nobody wants to relive 9nukers... So you have to consider some chances... The non-OP IM items are a good idea.
Old 12/04/2014, 13:57   #3

Ye , I want to remove 2nd role , also I'm ok to give free 200 transporters , coz none like to run =D .

Also , in ITEM SHOP items just like:
Premiums
Scales
Tear
Deco permanent and 30 days
XP Cards and drop cards ( also it will be gived on events )
Old 12/04/2014, 19:01   #4

personally i like when you have all the goods at the beginning but then exp rate should be atleast x4-5....
Old 12/04/2014, 22:06   #5

I'd play there if it was the real deal. Read that as "just like it was before LD was released and wo/ def relics and GB/EC WD weapons".

Seriously, 9D can only be truly enjoyed in two ways. The totally right way and the totally wrong way. Nobody ever went the right way because the wrong way sells more IM...

Put on a 9D as it was intended to be, a pure stat based game, and you might get some attention, otherwise you're just another clone and there's lots of those already.

Those rates are ridiculous though. 9D is old and old news to most of us, nobody's interested in grinding 6h+/day again. Bare minimum would be ~60x xp, maxed skill xp, drop could be 4x, more than enough.

Ref limited to +9, it's what it was intended to be. 1-5 100% and rest a fair curve.

No GBWD/ECWD, everyone (should) know the problems they bring. No Hermit's either.

No def trink/relics/def clothes/KJD/Tibet epi bosses/H4/leech over 3/1k/dodge orns/yybs orns, etc.

Lot's of other small changes to bring it back to "how it should have been", but imho, worth it.

Point in case, we had more ppl in heffei back when game had little to nothing in terms of gear than there are in all the servers together now. Blunt proof it never got better, just worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog18dy View Post
So auto-2nd role is necessary... Also, nobody wants to relive 9nukers... So you have to consider some chances... The non-OP IM items are a good idea.
Auto 2nd isn't necessary. Removing 2nd is necessary. Nukers were badass before 2nd role (i should know ) but after they were totally OP. Then def was raised so high along with dodge that warriors were OP. Then... you get the point.
Old 12/05/2014, 11:13   #6

Personally, I'd prefer the new content.. It's fun and after playing 9Dragons for so long. I've gotten used to it..

Also if you're gonna make a Server with base x7 off Acclaim then I'd choose any other server, including GC since exp rate would be higher even in there.. After years of 9Dragons I wouldn't wanna be in another grindfest, much less if it's a private server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/06/2014, 13:37   #7

So a server with 15x rates / 4x drop / 25x kung fu , will be more enjoyable ? Also , removing or keep 2nd role ? Def clothes without h4 set , or with def clothes with h4 set , or without def clothes and h4 set ? Maximum +9 or +12 ?

Or you will prefer a server with easy to grind but hard 2 make items ? I mean for example : shabby drop at mobs like GC rate ; u need 20> for first deco -> u need first deco + 30 shabby for 2nd deco -> u need 2nd deco + 40 shabby for 3rd deco , etc , I hope u get it
Old 12/06/2014, 19:55   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyu2008 View Post
So a server with 15x rates / 4x drop / 25x kung fu , will be more enjoyable ?
You're mixing two things and missing a point. Maybe people didn't make it clear enough...

On the mixing (style) you got two camps.

One still believes a "pre-Acclaim" way is the right path. People that truly believe that path have done so since before Acclaim's CS cap when fully balancing the game just needed removal of 5 items. It's an unproven quantity because nobody ever dared to try and make it.

The other wants a "all you can eat" server. You have to have all, and free too. And easy to get. And... you get the point. People are naturally averse to working, so you can expect them to say this is the option they want. Then they endgame and ***** all day about balance issues. Nothing you can do, can't have the cake and eat it.

The point you missed is that nobody from either camp wants to grind but the bare minimum. 9D is years old, we all payed our grinding hours dues. Low rates>dead at opening.

Wouldn't work on an "old style" server because grind is harder and you direly need better rates to make up for that. Wouldn't work on a "new style" because you don't offer more than everyone else content-wise and they all have better rates.