Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 22:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How is possible? play9d

Discussion on How is possible? play9d within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How is possible? play9d

How is this possible? can any one explain
Old 08/31/2014, 19:53   #2

The question is... would you really want to find out? There's a thing I've learnt in 9D about "little" things like these... It's always better to keep them hidden as long as only a small group knows about it... Releasing the way to get them might result in mass exploit... I prefer not to be honest... Take a look at other releases, they ruined basicly all private servers...

Oh and please don't begin the " you nub and know and don't want to share!! BOO! " ... I don't know and I wouldn't want to find out, as simple as that.
Old 08/31/2014, 20:47   #3

Old new, my group already have access to them a while ago.
Old 08/31/2014, 21:00   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronokInF View Post
Old new, my group already have access to them a while ago.
You're always one step ahead on these things...
I hope this thing only affects play9d though... It would be like stabbing a dead horse...Useless
Old 09/01/2014, 00:28   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog18dy View Post
You're always one step ahead on these things...
I hope this thing only affects play9d though... It would be like stabbing a dead horse...Useless
I'm pretty sure it can also be use on other private servers.

Old 09/01/2014, 09:00   #6

This game never fails to amaze me. Always new bugs to buse that's why I stopped playing this **** game.
Old 09/01/2014, 12:23   #7

9D was open to abuse from day one because the devs always violated the most fundamental rule of anything online. DO NOT TRUST THE CLIENT. If you fail at that, everything else is a moot point.

Heck, given enough time/interest to document/reverse their client files, you could probably mod it to do totally unreal ****.
Old 09/01/2014, 14:08   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE J0KER View Post
This game never fails to amaze me. Always new bugs to buse that's why I stopped playing this **** game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by josped View Post
9D was open to abuse from day one because the devs always violated the most fundamental rule of anything online. DO NOT TRUST THE CLIENT. If you fail at that, everything else is a moot point.

Heck, given enough time/interest to document/reverse their client files, you could probably mod it to do totally unreal ****.
You're both right and it's all because of the lack of version restriction, content check and a good client protection, not to mention the coders stupidity about some features. I'll give a small example and will stop talking towards this: the NPC in Hefei and their collections... all of 'em are client-sided...
Old 09/01/2014, 20:42   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D_player View Post
You're both right and it's all because of the lack of version restriction, content check and a good client protection, not to mention the coders stupidity about some features. I'll give a small example and will stop talking towards this: the NPC in Hefei and their collections... all of 'em are client-sided...
Don't want to go into this, but you're wrong, both collections and resources are serversided... (people who host a private server can confirm it) ... If you disable a resource in server side it will be disabled on the client too (not visually though)

Also you're right about client protection and content check.However, they've tried their hand with the version check... If there's a version mismatch between the server's client version and the version of your client you get the following error: "Invalid client version" . I'm sure that you can reverse engineer the client and modify its version, but that's another story.
Old 09/02/2014, 09:43   #10

I meant the NPC availability (visibility and usability) is client sided. Collections can be disabled server-side, so is the drop of specific items, but files such as SCR_BASE is itself a security hole.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/02/2014, 23:02   #11

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D_player View Post
I meant the NPC availability (visibility and usability) is client sided. Collections can be disabled server-side, so is the drop of specific items, but files such as SCR_BASE is itself a security hole.
atm without a tool to decrypt the files inside of vr enviroment is not possible to add items to a npc, but i you go to npc scripts at server side you can atleast nerf the npc to give another item or remove the item.

And yes collections is server sided, the client can show any collection but if at server dont exist or is changed can give another diferent item or just nothing.
Thas why i maked my own resources script , because to many people have acces to server files and can easy make a client sided collection to get item from "hiden" collections.