Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 4Story
You last visited: Today at 22:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The best developer!

Discussion on The best developer! within the 4Story forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
The best developer!

Hi, I would like to create a discussion about the best devs in the 4Story community. I'll start, for me it's Jirkus, his hacks with Vetracek were the best back in the days and I loved seeing Jirkus progressing from the hacking scene into the dev scene with Fivestories, then Araz and so on!

What are your opinions?
Old 03/14/2021, 14:04   #2

elite*gold: 270
Received Thanks: 2,706
The best 4Story devs arent even active in this forum because they wouldn't waste their time with the **** here.

- michamo, p4 dev, whoever was able to upgrade to dx11 on Secret

Also, we shouldn't forget to mention these devs didnt copy, steal or bought (idk about Secrets engine) their features/tools. In my eyes this counts as best, not the opposite.
Old 03/14/2021, 17:27   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exakan View Post
The best 4Story devs arent even active in this forum because they wouldn't waste their time with the **** here.

- michamo, p4 dev, whoever was able to upgrade to dx11 on Secret

Also, we shouldn't forget to mention these devs didnt copy, steal or bought (idk about Secrets engine) their features/tools. In my eyes this counts as best, not the opposite.
I agree that Michamo is the best developer in this community, years ahead of everyone else.
P4Story devs however have done nothing to deserve this title, all the stuff they did are very basic and can be created by anyone who puts more than a couple months of work into this game.
Old 03/14/2021, 17:55   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Konst View Post
I agree that Michamo is the best developer in this community, years ahead of everyone else.
P4Story devs however have done nothing to deserve this title, all the stuff they did are very basic and can be created by anyone who puts more than a couple months of work into this game.
The first ever engine updates, first BR (that you copied), first WoG, instant fixes of bugs, most stable client for years, selfmade map changes, never had to copy anything. Never had a security issue like lost data or server crashes and more, where to end this?

Imagine all this and the other stuff they brought to the game and would, if they wouldnt have so many players to handle, thats probably one thing you can't imagine. Stop playing again the toxic kid and see the truth in this scene, its pathetic and annoying to deal with you every time.

If you call the first part "its just a matter of time", then everything here is worthless. Every big step takes obviously time, its a very stupid comparison to give quality less weight than quantity or time.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2021, 19:42   #5

Quote:
The first ever engine updates, first BR (that you copied), first WoG, instant fixes of bugs, most stable client for years, selfmade map changes, never had to copy anything. Never had a security issue like lost data or server crashes and more, where to end this?

Imagine all this and the other stuff they brought to the game and would, if they wouldnt have so many players to handle, thats probably one thing you can't imagine. Stop playing again the toxic kid and see the truth in this scene, its pathetic and annoying to deal with you every time.

If you call the first part "its just a matter of time", then everything here is worthless. Every big step takes obviously time, its a very stupid comparison to give quality less weight than quantity or time.

The only reason why I don't say that the 4Secret dev is top tier is their policy. I still can't believe they literally copied P4s Hackshield data a few weeks ago.
Konst's point is that p4s could have dx 11 port/ new render aswell but the devs are lazy or just don't want to put the effort.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2021, 20:07   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPizzaX View Post
Konst's point is that p4s could have dx 11 port/ new render aswell but the devs are lazy or just don't want to put the effort.
You know, it takes a lot of time to do this and its quite hard when you have to manage a server for +8years with hundreds of players online. Also, the focus was on game content, graphics alone isn't enough to keep a server popular.
Old 03/14/2021, 20:14   #7

Quote:
You know, it takes a lot of time to do this and its quite hard when you have to manage a server for +8years with hundreds of players online. Also, the focus was on game content, graphics alone isn't enough to keep a server popular.
Ofc its hard but if p4s do "bigger" patch once in 3 months they could atleast focus on this.
Old 03/14/2021, 21:00   #8

Quote:
The first ever engine updates
What engine updates? You fixed windows 10 lags after 2 years, after jirkus lmfao. That's nothing to be proud of (especially if you consider that you probably bought the fix).

Quote:
first BR (that you copied), first WoG
How is this relevant or technically challenging at all? If you start from scratch it's a couple weeks worth of work.

Quote:
instant fixes of bugs, most stable client for years
You're fixing bugs? Holy, bow down to the development god. Linus Torvalds who?

Quote:
selfmade map changes, never had to copy anything.
You're proud that while pretty much every other Server in existence has created several selfmade maps, usually with Michamos Map Editor, you patched 3 holes in Mirhur?

Quote:
Never had a security issue like lost data or server crashes and more, where to end this?
Well, credit where credit is due. But to be fair, I as an individual also never had something like this happen, except for server crashes, which you most definetly also had, no biggie tho. But I get where you are coming from (thank you jirkus).

Quote:
Imagine all this and the other stuff they brought to the game and would, if they wouldnt have so many players to handle
How is this relevant when we are talking about the best developer? So what if you have to manage a community? You have a team of several people to take care of these things. That's not a bottleneck for the developer usually.

Quote:
thats probably one thing you can't imagine.

Stop playing again the toxic kid and see the truth in this scene, its pathetic and annoying to deal with you every time.
Notice how the only thing I said is that P4Story are not the best developers and you start attacking me personally while simultaneously playing the victim. Pathetic.

Quote:
No, what I'm saying is if you put in a few months of work to understand the 4Story source code, nothing that P4Story has ever done over the past 8 years is impressive or especially time consuming.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/15/2021, 05:00   #9

- Exa has left the chat.

In my opinion, I have worked with a lot of developers especially one who had a young knowledge at developing at the start like Daveey managed to do Playground from scratches aswell with insane UI etc for example, and I think for the moment the Developers who are showing the most are the one from 4Secret.

Konst is also insane at developing, managed to code from scratch within one week the mode "Colosseum" & a hard rework at Territory war and proved so much at coding even tho he learned coding for a year.

Jirkus made Battle Royal from scratches aswell (even tho that was years ago, and seems like you still have a heavy pain which didn't fade exa about him copying the idea) your frustration is understandable, but please respect the work of the guy who made it from scratches. Being agressive to Konst even tho that should be a normal conversation and even tho he didn't said anything bad which makes you look indeed, pathetic.

Aswell as p4Story I use to play it years ago, insane to see hold the server held for 8 years and still is online. I've always put p4Story as an" official server" like Gameforge, unfortunately the server is too boring, dead and it never "imo" looked that much of attractive. Hearing so much bad things about the Helper neither makes it wanna start playing on it. (f marketing) I've already told you in the past, your role is to listen to players not permanently confronting them. Unfortunately you like having the last word even when you are in such deep position. Please keep in mind we went from speaking about Developers again, to you being agressive to Konst..... simply start a normal communication and debat, if you know you are sensitive; or you might drive by and be agressive, avoid responding or take a deep breath & comeback.

I use to work with Julian yeaars ago and as far as I know big ambition Developer, very good knowledge & a very nice person

Last words, Jirkus/Daveey/Konst/Michamo are very good developpers. Looking forward to see in the future what they have to offer to us!
Old 03/15/2021, 14:03   #10

Definitely Zemi!
Old 03/15/2021, 17:26   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Konst View Post
What engine updates? You fixed windows 10 lags after 2 years, after jirkus lmfao. That's nothing to be proud of (especially if you consider that you probably bought the fix).
Compare P4s client stability and FPS with the others, but this is might too hard for you to understand.

Quote:
How is this relevant or technically challenging at all? If you start from scratch it's a couple weeks worth of work.
Quote:
You're fixing bugs? Holy, bow down to the development god. Linus Torvalds who?
Seems to be special, otherwise servers like yours wouldn't have died so quickly due this stuff.
Joke aside, its a really good thing if the dev can fix problems asap to avoid further damage.

Quote:
You're proud that while pretty much every other Server in existence has created several selfmade maps, usually with Michamos Map Editor, you patched 3 holes in Mirhur?
P4 is able to do more, sadly new maps are a total waste in this game (except our edited mode maps). Iberia is already empty, and every new patch with a new map will be after a while too. Don't act like maps are a big game changer, they aren't and will never be. The new maps on other servers are already quiet empty compared to old maps.

Quote:
How is this relevant when we are talking about the best developer? So what if you have to manage a community?
Probably you didn't see it's a comparison.
At first you said they won't invest time in it, I simply mentioned the time for that is simply not there at all/better focus on content.

Quote:
You have a team of several people to take care of these things. That's not a bottleneck for the developer usually.
If you think so that we are so many..

Quote:
Notice how the only thing I said is that P4Story are not the best developers and you start attacking me personally while simultaneously playing the victim. Pathetic.
It is not really my problem that you take it as personal attack. Ive no reason to let you understand this in any detail, after all the shit you did to this community.

Quote:
No, what I'm saying is if you put in a few months of work to understand the 4Story source code, nothing that P4Story has ever done over the past 8 years is impressive or especially time consuming.
And, who says you have to upgrade a server to dx11 to keep it fully alive like P4?
How it comes you never did that, but copied everything P4 has? Why didn't invest time in the other mentioned stuff? I would really like to know why every single patch we did got copied by you.

Quote:
In my opinion, I have worked with a lot of developers especially one who had a young knowledge at developing at the start like Daveey managed to do Playground from scratches aswell with insane UI etc for example, and I think for the moment the Developers who are showing the most are the one from 4Secret.

Konst is also insane at developing, managed to code from scratch within one week the mode "Colosseum" & a hard rework at Territory war and proved so much at coding even tho he learned coding for a year.
Quote:
Being agressive to Konst even tho that should be a normal conversation and even tho he didn't said anything bad which makes you look indeed, pathetic.
Konst was a danger for all players security, so many times they lost their private data and items due Araz. Ive no reason to respect someone like him who obviously didn't care about the players. If you want to protect someone like him, do it. But I'm really annoyed by this lack of security and interest to care about the players.

Quote:
Hearing so much bad things about the Helper neither makes it wanna start playing on it. (f marketing)
It's very easy to blame the game stuff for own mistakes.
You left/got banned on P4 because you didn't get your own will satisfied, thats the only reason. You thought you know everything, even trashtalked other players.
Don't act innocent, and I really hope the server where youre active now knows your rude past. You might changed today to better, but you still blame others for your mistakes in the past.

You felt like a god, above other players - but you aren't. We didn't support you in this, that was the reason why you left. I wonder how many you told this side of the story?

Quote:
Please keep in mind we went from speaking about Developers again, to you being agressive to Konst..... simply start a normal communication and debat, if you know you are sensitive; or you might drive by and be agressive, avoid responding or take a deep breath & comeback.
As said, Konst deserves no respect. You probably don't even know what he did the past years? Apart from flaming and spreading lies in p4 groups on Facebook (because he abused it that they had no mod), DDoS'ing (he even confirmed me in chat sometimes), leaking private player data from Araz so their data/account gets lost on other servers too (P4, Ancient etc), copying nearly every update and even then spreading around P4 does nothing (like here now) - and you defend it?

For real, don't defend him after all that while you say I should listen more to the players. Thats a huge double standard. Just like this line below.

And something about this:
Quote:
I've already told you in the past, your role is to listen to players not permanently confronting them. Unfortunately you like having the last word even when you are in such deep position.
Just because I was in any position, it does not mean I have to take any insults, flame, lies or similar. Thats not my job, no server member of any other project is doing this. If you come to my house and scream f-you all over the place, don't expect anyone to answer this with "thank you". Thats sadly what you guys did, flaming or demanding stuff that is simply surreal or egoistic. You thought youre above all, above the rules - no one is. If you violate the rules, obviously any server member has the last word. On P4, Secret, Vision, Araz, Ancient - you know the rules, and trashtalking players or spreading lies about the team/server (because no one satisfied your demands) is a bad opposite.

Yes we are depating about the best devs. I gave my reply, like everyone else. I don't know, maybe my standards are too high for this comparison? Why is a developer good, if he spends a long time on something complex for once, but others who do it for years to keep a project so long alive not? (except the fact that many many things changed over the time, before others even began it).
And someone who caused so many problems for the innocent players counts as good dev? Explain me this, I'm really curious why. I want clear details why someone counts as good after so many security leaks, or being the only major server which lost his data by a simple trojan or similar.

Why is a dev bad if he didn't for example create as first one a new map, but at least no server of him got crashed, hacked or its data leaked? Those are heavy double standards, which you are trying to use for your own will. This kills this "debate" since the begin, and its not me. Either you stay in one direction, or just close the topic.

_____

EDIT: You also act like I said P4 has the best, but I didnt. Maybe you missed it, but I clearly mentioned michamo and the Secret guy as top tier as well.
Old 03/15/2021, 18:32   #12

Lazy to read all of what you said, keep in mind your server is dead & has no players & isn't attractive at all, no ideas why they are keeping you as a Helper but I now understand why your role doesn't get bigger than a simple "Helper". Daveey proved once again alone developer by building from scratches the mode: "Battleground" lil helper, you might wanna help your developers to make your server reveleant again. Spending your time in a 4Story dead forum wont help you to grow your player count! wish you an excellent evening.
Old 03/15/2021, 18:43   #13

Quote:
Compare P4s client stability and FPS with the others, but this is might too hard for you to understand.
P4Story is literally on Vision/Ancient level when it comes to performance. And not having client crashes is not special, but how would you know, 5 years and still a helper, can't blame you.

Quote:
Seems to be special, otherwise servers like yours wouldn't have died so quickly due this stuff.
Sometimes your stupidity is baffling. Sure, the servers died because of bugs.

Quote:
P4 is able to do more
Oh yea? Like loading textures from a PNG file? I could also say I can do dx12 in a week, but unless I do it, my word has no value. Given how in the past hm 5 years? You have done nothing but re-texturing the same mounts over and over, I'm inclined to believe that you in fact aren't able to do more.

Quote:
sadly new maps are a total waste in this game (except our edited mode maps). Iberia is already empty, and every new patch with a new map will be after a while too. Don't act like maps are a big game changer, they aren't and will never be. The new maps on other servers are already quiet empty compared to old maps.
Here we go again, what ever P4Story doesn't have is magically useless. Can't admit you're wrong even a single time huh? Mental illness.

Quote:
It is not really my problem that you take it as personal attack. Ive no reason to let you understand this in any detail, after all the shit you did to this community.
Mental illness.

Quote:
And, who says you have to upgrade a server to dx11 to keep it fully alive like P4?
If P4Story doesn't have it, it's not important, 2nd act.

Quote:
How it comes you never did that, but copied everything P4 has? I would really like to know why every single patch we did got copied by you.
I've been back in this community for roughly a year before leaving again and have made more progress than P4Story in the past few years.
-Reworked huge part of the engine for performance improvements way beyond anything P4Story could image (Windows 10 Fix, Multi-Core CPU utilisation for effect render)
-Colosseum Mode
-Capture the Flag Mode, including a custom map
-Red Battlefield Mode, including a custom map
-Reworked Castle Conquest, resulting in the biggest CW's ever seen in 4Story
-Reworked Territory Conquest to be more engaging
-Created tools for making new maps, new static as well as weighted meshes, animations, etc. etc. and importing them back to the original game format.
-Millions of bug fixes, QoL changes and mid-sized updates.

And what has P4Story done in that time?
-Lost 80% of it's player base
-Created a new shit mode every year that at this point no one cares about anymore
-Flooded the server with useless features to try and fix its shit concept.
-Still crying about someone "stealing" the worlds most popular game mode across every game genre.

Quote:
Konst was a danger for all players security, so many times they lost their private data and items due Araz. Ive no reason to respect someone like him who obviously didn't care about the players. If you want to protect someone like him, do it. But I'm really annoyed by this lack of security and interest to care about the players.
To tell you for the millionth time now, this was Jirkus, not me. But since you have the brain size of a pea, I'm fairly certain this won't be the last time I'm telling you.

Quote:
Apart from flaming and spreading lies in p4 groups on Facebook (because he abused it that they had no mod)
I never spread lies about P4Story. I stand behind every single thing I said, P4Story has been attacking and exploiting other Servers for years. I know you have their cock down to the stomach so you will argue, but the fact that every single server has been exploited by an unknown deity of italian origin.. except for P4Story.. is quite the coincidence I guess.

Quote:
leaking private player data from Araz so their data/account gets lost on other servers too (P4, Ancient etc)
Cringe, you are really not that important. You should think for a second before posting dumb shit like this.

Quote:
copying nearly every update and even then spreading around P4 does nothing (like here now) - and you defend it?
You know what? I'm feeling generous today, let's make a list of things P4Story has copied from other servers in the last few patch notes.

> When duel ends the cooldown of the skills is reset - 4Arcana
> The Guild Skill bar can now be used for all skills in open world - Vibe4Story, 4Secret
>It is now possible to switch weapon sets with the skillbar. - 4Vision
>monthly Leyas: group size decreased from 7 to 4 players - 4Retro
>Dodge time decreased from 0.200s* to 0.190s*, evading needs now a better timing - 4Arcana
>uppchat sound removed - 4Arcana
>Added the requested command "/zoommax X " (where X is a number between 0 and 20) to change the camera zoom of the character. - 4Ancient
>XMas Sled / Ferrari Sled sound can now be muted. - 4Arcana
> Added an option in the game settings to mute companions and mounts. - 4Arcana

Wow.. you guys are such visionaries! But we know all too well that for some reason, these wont count to you

Quote:
Yes we are depating about the best devs. I gave my reply, like everyone else. I don't know, maybe my standards are too high for this comparison? Why is a developer good, if he spends a long time on something complex for once, but others who do it for years to keep a project alive so long not? (except the fact that many many things changed over the time, before others even began it).
Dude, you just don't get it, what we're saying is that what P4Story doing is not complex and not time consuming. You guys are actually years behind everyone else. Having the most basic level of security and management is not impressive, therefore you do not deserve the title of best developers. How fucking hard is that to get.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/15/2021, 18:45   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lN0Rage View Post
Lazy to read all of what you said,
Then do not participate in a debate, otherwise stotterer can close this topic.
Reply to my points, otherwise yours is still proven wrong.,
Quote:
keep in mind your server is dead & has no players &
We have at least the same numbers of Vision, for 8,5 years on the top.
Also, why attack P4 and me personally now? Didn't you say in a previous post thats bad? I mean, we both agree its a discussion about devs, like my longer post before, so why don't answer the post? Double standards!

Quote:
no ideas why they are keeping you as a Helper
Because I do my job. Youre avoiding my points because you know its true, you blame me for your own mistakes. You cant accept you acted like a "god" back then, trashtalking others every day

Quote:
but I now understand why your role doesn't get bigger than a simple "Helper".
You probably don't know what I do since these years.

Quote:
Daveey proved once again alone developer by building from scratches the mode: "Battleground" lil helper, you might wanna help your developers to make your server reveleant again.
Nothing special. Like your and Konst post approve
But Ive nothing against him, I like how he develops Vision.

Quote:
Spending your time in a 4Story dead forum wont help you to grow your player count! wish you an excellent evening.
Back to the first line. Why have to insult agian and be so aggressive, didnt you want a fair conversation?
However, if P4 is dead, Vision Secret too, because they are at least the same xD (btw you spend your time in this dead forum too!)

_________

One cool thing is actually Secrets dx11 and its insane render distance. Its now possible to see how ugly the map design in 4story is, thanks ZEMĪ.
Old 03/15/2021, 18:53   #15

I am not proven wrong, it is true you are the worst Helper ever seen in 4Story community & less profesionnal, your server is dead aswell as you killed your own image with your debility & exposing yourself (with those pictures, but lets not talk about them)

Let real developers argue & debat between themselves, you do not have any knowledge about that, stay on a corner & keep reading. Otherwise, give your opinion on them & do not confront Konst who has more knowledge than you & made more than you in this game even tho he has never really played it.

Konst is ending you, do not reply back; it looks pathetic seeing your poor answers with no arguments.
Closed Thread