Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 4Story
You last visited: Today at 11:34

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement



Windows 10 Update 1809 breaks d3d9.dll

Discussion on Windows 10 Update 1809 breaks d3d9.dll within the 4Story forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 52
Received Thanks: 17
Windows 10 Update 1809 breaks d3d9.dll

Any player that is running the new October Windows Update will not be able to play any 4Story server that currently exists.

The reason for that is EVERY d3d9.dll file that is used to fix the FPS problems that got introduced to 4Story in a previous Fall Creator's Update will cause the TClient to crash. The issue is independent of Hardware and Drivers - it is with 99% certainty related to the Windows Update since I've tested switching CPU platforms between AMD and Intel as well as using older graphics drivers or even CPU onboard graphics.

So basically any (competent) 4Story server should tell their players not to update their OS to the latest build since - for now - there is no fix discovered yet.

The .dmp file that's being created after the crash can be downloaded here if you'd like to test some other things on it.




Fabian12341 is offline  
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/04/2018, 08:02   #2

 
elite*gold: 85
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 464
Received Thanks: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian12341 View Post
Any player that is running the new October Windows Update will not be able to play any 4Story server that currently exists.

The reason for that is EVERY d3d9.dll file that is used to fix the FPS problems that got introduced to 4Story in a previous Fall Creator's Update will cause the TClient to crash. The issue is independent of Hardware and Drivers - it is with 99% certainty related to the Windows Update since I've tested switching CPU platforms between AMD and Intel as well as using older graphics drivers or even CPU onboard graphics.

So basically any (competent) 4Story server should tell their players not to update their OS to the latest build since - for now - there is no fix discovered yet.

The .dmp file that's being created after the crash can be downloaded here if you'd like to test some other things on it.

well this is weird.. i have the latest windows update instaled but i was able to play araz yesterday but my friend who got a new pc cant. everytime he puts any d3d9.dll into his gamefolder on p4, he gets a crash (something about memory). i gave him my dll which works for me and 10 other people but he still has the same problem.


.Justinツ is offline  
Old 12/04/2018, 21:34   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 443
Received Thanks: 328
What about WineD3D and VK9 (Google them)? Do they work?
RedSwag is offline  
Old 12/05/2018, 00:16   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 52
Received Thanks: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSwag View Post
What about WineD3D and VK9 (Google them)? Do they work?
Both methods won't cause the process to crash but don't fix the FPS issue either.


Fabian12341 is offline  
Old 12/05/2018, 18:10   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 572
Received Thanks: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian12341 View Post
Both methods won't cause the process to crash but don't fix the FPS issue either.
WineD3D works, but character models don't align correctly with the animations. It looks weird, but it works..
.Konst is offline  
Old 12/05/2018, 18:25   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 124
Received Thanks: 165
Look at it this way - every OS X update brings a new exploit, even dumber than the one last one and every Win10 update makes something incompatible
xSerialKillerx is offline  
Old 12/05/2018, 23:36   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 52
Received Thanks: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Konst View Post
WineD3D works, but character models don't align correctly with the animations. It looks weird, but it works..
Tried it on Avergos, Ancient and P4Story and didn't work unless there are severall WinD3D and only specific ones fix the issue and I might have picked a wrong one
Fabian12341 is offline  
Old 12/14/2018, 11:33   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 71
Received Thanks: 21
I just updated Windows and for me 4Ancient is working fine.
Kraton1 is offline  
Old 12/20/2018, 11:22   #9

 
elite*gold: 260
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 25
Received Thanks: 4
worked for me on 4Ancient.
Gheoan is offline  
Old 02/05/2019, 11:54   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 53
Received Thanks: 9
Does anyone have a fix?
salutare11 is offline  
Old 02/05/2019, 13:18   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 79
Received Thanks: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by salutare11 View Post
Does anyone have a fix?
Play on 4ancient.
Well, as far as I know the server owners have to fix it, you as a normal player can't do something
IchBinKlaus is offline  
Old 02/05/2019, 14:28   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 122
Received Thanks: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchBinKlaus View Post
Play on 4ancient.
Well, as far as I know the server owners have to fix it, you as a normal player can't do something
He didn't ask on which server he should play so i don't know what you are searching promoting a corrupted server

Well apparently, there isn't a file to resolve that problem at the moment, as this guy said, the server has to work on it. So, maybe try to contact the server that you want to play or wait news from them, i think they are all aware of that Windows 10 update problem
Lactau is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/05/2019, 15:27   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 79
Received Thanks: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lactau View Post
He didn't ask on which server he should play so i don't know what you are searching promoting a corrupted server

Well apparently, there isn't a file to resolve that problem at the moment, as this guy said, the server has to work on it. So, maybe try to contact the server that you want to play or wait news from them, i think they are all aware of that Windows 10 update problem
I just said a server which has fixed this issue, don't cry.
IchBinKlaus is offline  
Old 02/05/2019, 16:37   #14
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 122
Received Thanks: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchBinKlaus View Post
I just said a server which has fixed this issue, don't cry.
You didn't say that 4Ancient fixed it, you literally said : Play on 4Ancient
I'll never understand that way to promote servers everywhere and for no reason... Anyway let's stay on topic


Lactau is offline  
Thanks
4 Users
Reply



« Missing artwork for Pauldron & Endendros | Russian language pack »

Similar Threads
[HOW TO] MSVCR110.dll fehlt BEHEBEN | [MSVCR120.dll MSVCP110.dll MSVCP100.dll etc]
03/25/2014 - Tutorials - 2 Replies
Hier ist ein Youtube Video: MSVCR100.dll feht BEHEBEN / MSVCR110.dll fehlt MSVCR120.dll MSVCP110.dll MSVCP100.dll MSVCP120.dll - YouTube Aber den ganzen Kram könnt ihr auch als Text haben: Viele von euch kennen bestimmt das Problem das ne dll auf dem PC fehlt und das Programme dann nicht laufen. Hier ist die Lösung: Schaut erstmal nach, welche Microsoft Redistributables auf eurem PC installiert sind. Geht hierzu auf Start > Sytemsteuerung > Programme > Programme und Funktionen und...
[D3D9 Bases] Sprited D3D9 Base with many functions
02/20/2012 - WarRock Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits - 1 Replies
Hey, I found a site where a free D3D Base is and it has much functions.. and if you have a question, they help you with teamviewer! ♥ and if wr-cheats is down, you can download the newest sirosix public there. Venom Hacks - Unreal Portal
[REQUEST] GG Bypass for Rev 1809
12/21/2011 - Flyff - 2 Replies
After the GG Update, bots such as Melan's Flyff Transformation are blocked by it on some Official servers like pFlyff. (I don't know to Private ones) It'll be a great help if someone can give a bypass.



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:34.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

BTC: 33E6kMtxYa7dApCFzrS3Jb7U3NrVvo8nsK
ETH: 0xc6ec801B7563A4376751F33b0573308aDa611E05

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2019 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.