Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 4Story
You last visited: Today at 13:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

offical servers

Discussion on offical servers within the 4Story forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
offical servers

hallo i want to ask something about the official zemi/gf servers.

Do they use navicat , services , sql etc. like the private servers ? And what about the gm tools do they use some like happy ?
Old 02/19/2017, 20:37   #2

elite*gold: 0
No, Zemi made these Tools just for us private Servers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/20/2017, 00:19   #3

Oh so zemi provides private servers ? that makes zemi lose players :/ (its already done :P)
Old 02/20/2017, 00:37   #4

elite*gold: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by depaki View Post
Oh so zemi provides private servers ? that makes zemi lose players :/ (its already done :P)
It was a sarcasm with tools from Zemi ^^
Old 02/20/2017, 13:18   #5

elite*gold: 3
Quote:
are you serious sir ? it was ironic
Old 02/20/2017, 19:42   #6

elite*gold: 270
Received Thanks: 2,706
Quote:
hallo i want to ask something about the official zemi/gf servers.
Do they use navicat , services , sql etc. like the private servers ? And what about the gm tools do they use some like happy ?
ZEMI use his own tools and ressources, why should a company use public tools?
If a company do this they could also make open source for every pserver, would be the same dumb sense.

Atm the pservers are just very good evolved, thats all.
Old 02/20/2017, 19:54   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikasyExa View Post
ZEMI use his own tools and ressources, why should a company use public tools?
If a company do this they could also make open source for every pserver, would be the same dumb sense.

Atm the pservers are just very good evolved, thats all.

yea ofc zemi use her own private tools but i was just curious :P so someone build the tools based on the files ? which someone hacked and got them ?
Old 02/20/2017, 20:01   #8

Quote:
yea ofc zemi use her own private tools but i was just curious :P so someone build the tools based on the files ? which someone hacked and got them ?
This could be done in different ways.
We all know there are always bad GM/SGM/CM around the whole community etc., if just one got some files and leak it if he leave ZEMI = birth of pservers.
Another thing is, legal pservers who bought the files also had some people who shared files. Sure, some things are developed by pservers themself.

Perfect example is atm the pserver com, "devs" leak files or other ressources, even if the admins thought they could trust them. So.. why should someone expect that some people from GameForge4D / ZEMI wouldn't do it? Bad or stupid people exist everywhere.
Old 02/20/2017, 20:08   #9

Quote:
We all know there are always bad GM/SGM/CM around the whole community etc., if just one got some files and leak it if he leave ZEMI = birth of pservers.
Another thing is, legal pservers who bought the files also had some people who shared files. Sure, some things are developed by pservers themself.

Perfect example is atm the pserver com, "devs" leak files or other ressources, even if the admins thought they could trust them. So.. why should someone expect that some people from GameForge4D / ZEMI wouldn't do it? Bad or stupid people exist everywhere.
true dat .

btw can you buy my cherries cause i am poor Kappa
Old 02/20/2017, 20:14   #10

elite*gold: 0
Quote:

"legal pservers"
Old 02/20/2017, 20:22   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Konst View Post
"legal pservers"
I know but you mean, but at least there exist some servers which had advanced files (at least at their time hahaha).

Anyway, it is not important anymore how users got the files.
4S is now dominated by ~3servers, nothing more.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/20/2017, 20:42   #12

elite*gold: 192
Received Thanks: 3,262
Quote:
why should a company use public tools?
The real question is: why should a company not use public resources? Actually it's common practice. You save money on development that in fact doesn't exist. Futhermore you can assume that the bought or per license leased solutions are already well tested, and you'll get support (in most cases).

KR Logtetsch
Old 02/20/2017, 21:06   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logtetsch View Post
The real question is: why should a company not use public resources? Actually it's common practice. You save money on development that in fact doesn't exist. Futhermore you can assume that the bought or per license leased solutions are already well tested, and you'll get support (in most cases).

KR Logtetsch
I meant more the way "why does this exist", I can't believe how a company can do this. It is a freeway for pservers.
Well, we can be happy - without it the game would be already dead!