Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 12Sky2
You last visited: Today at 22:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Proposal For A Great Deal (ts2 ps)

Discussion on Proposal For A Great Deal (ts2 ps) within the 12Sky2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Proposal For A Great Deal (ts2 ps)

I was wondering since like a million of you people on here seem to have the files needed to do this and I have literally nothing but time on my hands to waste doing something good. Would anyone be looking to open a private server for this game? I know a lot have talked about it but have not really done much for it. I have a lot of experience with game development since 2006. I could supply the VPS needed to run it and do most of the server work as far as bug fixes and whatnot. All you would need to do is supply the server files and we can share it over the VPS so we both have access to it. You obviously would be the main GM behind everything on what happens to it. I would simply put those ideas to fruition. I just ask for a GM title as well otherwise I am sure I can script in a new right by simply copying the rights handler and making a new check so that I would add a DEV title. But anyways the choice is up to you. I am just looking to bring something better to play that isn't redfucks or lamegames. Even though I do enjoy mayn from time to time. I have mainly done Rappelz/Runescape/WoW/MU/PerfectWorld game servers and have a pretty decent understanding on how things work. I do understand ts2 is put together a bit differently as I once myself had the files but due to a pc failure I had to get a new one (bricked my old PC).
Old 09/10/2019, 20:27   #2

Thanks
1 User
Old 09/10/2019, 21:14   #3

Thank you for the support in all this. I generally have a good idea of what players want as far as events and ****. I will put this to good use.
Old 09/11/2019, 17:27   #4

This ts2 forum is full of trash. Just so u know.
Old 09/14/2019, 08:05   #5

Received Thanks: 1,003
Hey Mogging, What is your background?
I've had a thought of adding lua or some other scripting language into the mobs to then allow making more intricate custom events.
Old 09/14/2019, 14:19   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogging View Post
I was wondering since like a million of you people on here seem to have the files needed to do this and I have literally nothing but time on my hands to waste doing something good. Would anyone be looking to open a private server for this game? I know a lot have talked about it but have not really done much for it. I have a lot of experience with game development since 2006. I could supply the VPS needed to run it and do most of the server work as far as bug fixes and whatnot. All you would need to do is supply the server files and we can share it over the VPS so we both have access to it. You obviously would be the main GM behind everything on what happens to it. I would simply put those ideas to fruition. I just ask for a GM title as well otherwise I am sure I can script in a new right by simply copying the rights handler and making a new check so that I would add a DEV title. But anyways the choice is up to you. I am just looking to bring something better to play that isn't redfucks or lamegames. Even though I do enjoy mayn from time to time. I have mainly done Rappelz/Runescape/WoW/MU/PerfectWorld game servers and have a pretty decent understanding on how things work. I do understand ts2 is put together a bit differently as I once myself had the files but due to a pc failure I had to get a new one (bricked my old PC).
If you want to be partner pm me i will share my files to you and we can work as team
Old 09/22/2019, 18:52   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Byte View Post
Hey Mogging, What is your background?
I've had a thought of adding lua or some other scripting language into the mobs to then allow making more intricate custom events.
That would fit it into an IDE a lot better than it does now that's for sure. Always good to add some custom script work if it means more fluid reactions by said npc events. My background is that I have done mainly JavaScript and similar languages since 2006. I am self taught and have a decent understanding of how things work. I am looking for a new project and I have worked with databases like this before loaded into SQL.
Old 09/26/2019, 13:14   #8

Received Thanks: 1,003
Awesome, as you will see the C++ code is a hot mess so is the DB...
But it works I guess.

I could see V8 able to be added as scripting language to code modifications to AI or new commands in JS although it might not be as good of a fit it's quite large and bloated. There are other lightweight implementations however such as

C++ Dlls can also be loaded and unloaded at runtime by structuring them like a plugin but seems like way more effort.

LUA seems the older goto for a scripting language embedded in another C or CPP software but I don't know lua as well as JavaScript either. Pondering...
Old 10/03/2019, 01:10   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Byte View Post
Awesome, as you will see the C++ code is a hot mess so is the DB...
But it works I guess.

I could see V8 able to be added as scripting language to code modifications to AI or new commands in JS although it might not be as good of a fit it's quite large and bloated. There are other lightweight implementations however such as

C++ Dlls can also be loaded and unloaded at runtime by structuring them like a plugin but seems like way more effort.

LUA seems the older goto for a scripting language embedded in another C or CPP software but I don't know lua as well as JavaScript either. Pondering...
1) Yes the whole thing looks like a kindergarten project just put together at random.

2) Easy to get an anti-hack method into the client

3) I wouldn't recommend put C++ dlls as a plugin method if its that big of a time crunch. Just over time on a separate DB for testing purposes of course to ensure it would be efficient.

4) Lua is fun but I can make things out of JavaScript that would make the original game devs want to use it too. (Done this for several big name companies pay per script)

If anything sticking with what its got and completely reorganizing would be top priority. I also noticed that some code strings are missing for certain things. But that should be easy to fix since I know how every feature in the game works.

DukTape is good for code crunching. JS is a mess no matter which way you look at it. Even when I write my scripts I have to literally have an example of what that script actually does and what parts of it are initiated before the others so they can learn off that. Hated it. But I also work best off basic NotePad. I dont like IDEs unless it is needed. I am also trying to see if I cant bypass the loading crap dealing with SQL instead on Eclipse. It partially started up but ran into a few bugs that I am working out. Trying to convert things from their containers to their own directories for "organization". Its just going slow and I might just scrap it and load it off SQL. I wanted to see what this game actually looks like when its ran off Java instead of its basic engine.
Old 10/03/2019, 14:28   #10

If you willing to team up message me. I can provide all you need