Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 12Sky2
You last visited: Today at 02:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

IMGTools

Discussion on IMGTools within the 12Sky2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,003
Smile IMGTools

Heya everyone,

I have created IMGTools to help us in creating our own GUI's for the game, and allowing us to create other content too.

DDS Files can be edited in Photoshop or Gimp

I suggest you download the DDS viewer from the site above and prehaps a thumbnail viewer.

Check out

What you can do for me?
Well I would like some people to create new looks for the GUI of the game.
Everything should be in the same position and size's but should look better.

As you may be a wear the game's graphics have been worked on over the years by many people so everything looks unprofessional. If one person or a group with the same ideas in design were to create decent looks for the GUI it would be pretty sleek

You can also replace the sound files in the game they are OGG and can be played in VLC. Ide like to overhaul the SFX to add better sounds and music too.

Use this software at your own risk, Backup your files before doing anything.

Please see the readme for more information

Note: I put this topic in this area as it is not hack software in any way, it is simply data management software
Thanks
6 Users
Old 05/10/2011, 09:30   #2

this is nice reminds me off mw2 texture editing
Old 05/11/2011, 11:01   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,263
Well, this reminds me of a modification to the 2moons file to make mobs all pink! Then a pixel bot came along with it a few days later. Worked surprisingly well too considering it was a pixel bot. hahaha.
Old 05/12/2011, 06:22   #4

HMM interesting idea I still have no idea WHERE the textures for monsters/npc's are stored.. i think they might be embeded into the model format whatever that is.
Old 05/12/2011, 11:08   #5

You mean where the npc's and mob files are?
Mobs: C:\TwelveSky2\G03_GDATA\D04_GSOBJECT\003
NPCs: C:\TwelveSky2\G03_GDATA\D04_GSOBJECT\002

If you mean something else, then i probably dont know.
Old 05/12/2011, 16:29   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,263
does this work only on the images in the game or animations as well? would be useful to turn off useless animations/etc. for those running slower computers. Maybe even change the landscape of the game itself. who knows. XD
Old 05/13/2011, 08:25   #7

Ah GS Object now to work out the file type/how it works any ideas??

Also i found a slight problem with Compression in this version *took me all afternoon to debug BLAH!* and all i was missing was +8 from the Saved file size. So it was not saving the full file it was saving the size of the file before header was put in. This lead to corrupted save data for compress.

Thats fixed now as is DDS2IMG it was using my old exe rather than the new one. Ill re upload the latest files and replace the link above sorry for the inconvience.

Im starting to modify the images at Server Select, im still looking for people keen to modify the GUI to make it look good.

I also found out another part to the DDSH section. The last 4 bytes is the size of the dds file data. Still have to work out the other information lol

As for turning of unwanted animations this tool is more for aiding in the editing of resources. If you want to not load animations for useless things find out their file names and then check if its that file in the CreateFileW hook (See TSXClient topic)then return -1 if we are lucky the game will just ignore the error and continue with no animation
Old 05/13/2011, 10:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Byte View Post
As for turning of unwanted animations this tool is more for aiding in the editing of resources. If you want to not load animations for useless things find out their file names and then check if its that file in the CreateFileW hook (See TSXClient topic)then return -1 if we are lucky the game will just ignore the error and continue with no animation
You can just turn that off in the ingame-menu, but if you dont want to do that. You can also just delete the entire contents of the following folder:
C:\TwelveSky2\G03_GDATA\D02_GMOBJECT\001\
See below for more specific type of animations (note there is no nangin, cuz animations remain the same as the original clan).
C001xxx guan male
C002xxx fuj male
C003xxx jin male
C004xxx guan female
C005xxx fuj female
C006xxx jin female

The game will still run, but the visual effects will be gone. However do keep a backup, just in case.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/14/2011, 03:15   #9

Thanks some great info there
Old 04/03/2012, 07:00   #10

Hi MegaByte,

I was mucking around with your IMGTools utility to explore the 12sky2 Item Names & Descriptions. I was hoping that you could provide me with some assistance on byte recompression for the 005_00002.IMG file.

Opening the decompressed 005_00002.HEX file shows ANSI text, so I started from there. By comparing the little endian hex values in the file versus the in-game values, I managed to find:

- Item Image Reference
- Item Buy Price (from NPC)
- Item Sell Price (to NPC)

Now the last 2 aren't very interesting as this probably just affects whats shown in the item pop-up descriptions; but the first one is pretty exciting. Using your program I can replace certain UI Item Icons (contained in the 002 dir) to enhance the looks of the game, but these changes would be just purely cosmetic.

The Mod

What I want to do is to make a community modification that at least has some practical value. What I can think of is changing shared image references in the 005_00002.IMG file to point to unique IMG numbers. For example, the Renascence Sutra (Delete All Skills, IMG Ref: 48) and Reduction Sutra (Delete 1 Skill, IMG Ref: 48) share the same UI Item Icon. Sometimes we use the Renascence Sutra when we mean to use the Reduction Sutra, leading to much heartache in lost skills.

An easy modification would be to create a unique Icon for the Renascence Sutra, and edit the 005_00002.IMG to point to this new image. Simply replacing the 002_00048.IMG file wouldn't work as both items point to the same image reference.

The Problem

But this was where I stumbled upon a problem.

"IMGTools -u 005_00002.IMG HEX" was able to decompress the IMG file with no problems, but recompressing the same HEX file ("IMGTools -c 005_00002.HEX IMG") would generate an IMG archive with a different file size from the original.

Original 005_00002.IMG: 498,140 Bytes
Decompressed 005_00002.HEX: 43,199,572 Bytes
Recompressed 005_00002.IMG: 541,920 Bytes

12sky2 will not load this recompressed file either. Note that I had not made any changes to the HEX file at this point, I had just recompressed it.

I googled around for a zlib compressor and tried compressing the HEX file, which gave me the same result as your IMGTools utility.

I'm at a dead end without the ability to repack the 005_00002.HEX archive and I was hoping that you could point me in the right direction in recompressing the 005_00002.HEX into a format that 12sky2 is able to recognize.

Many thanks.
Old 05/24/2012, 19:29   #11

Hmm my final tool worked fine, I guess you don't have the latest one...
I might of discovered a flaw and fixed it since I posted here

Changing prices won't do anything might even lock up your char if you try to buy stuff thats invalid.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/15/2019, 00:38   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Byte View Post
Hmm my final tool worked fine, I guess you don't have the latest one...
I might of discovered a flaw and fixed it since I posted here

Changing prices won't do anything might even lock up your char if you try to buy stuff thats invalid.
can you send latest tool ?
Old 01/15/2019, 01:06   #13

Works for me still.
Old 01/21/2019, 01:11   #14

Still works fine.
Old 03/31/2021, 15:05   #15

hi
I am running a private server for TS1.
But there's a problem.
After a certain amount of time after you open the server,
The phenomenon of ZONE files being shut down suddenly
All running ZONE files are terminated
Have you ever experienced this phenomenon?
Do you happen to know the solution?

windows7 and MSSQL2000