Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft
You last visited: Today at 02:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

which builds are better for DK(solo grinding)

Discussion on which builds are better for DK(solo grinding) within the World of Warcraft forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation which builds are better for DK(solo grinding)

Blood builds
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Old 04/06/2010, 12:36   #2

elite*gold: 1
Ich geh mal auf, dass du auf 80 grinden willst?

Dann failen 2,3,4 schon mal total.
-->Vendetta

Eine bisschen bessere Beschreibung für und mit was du das specc benutzen willst wäre nett.
Old 04/06/2010, 13:05   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergun View Post
Ich geh mal auf, dass du auf 80 grinden willst?

Dann failen 2,3,4 schon mal total.
-->Vendetta

Eine bisschen bessere Beschreibung für und mit was du das specc benutzen willst wäre nett.
if you can tell me this things in english it would be better
Old 04/06/2010, 15:14   #4

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktalin2008 View Post
if you can tell me this things in english it would be better
uh ****^^
I try it:

2,3 and 4 arent good for level 80 chars.
Cause u skilled Vendetta in it.
Old 04/06/2010, 21:15   #5

@Fergun: Vendetta isn't that bad for grinding only, but not really necessary if you use your diseases right

You are already 80 I presume? I don't know how good your gear is and what you want to farm, but most abilities aren't necessary until you hit ILvl 232 Gear. But ok there are your 4 speccs:

I would recommend a blood specc with unholy subspecc. Frost subspecc should be inferior to it cause you don't gain that much out of more magical dmg and autohit dmg. With blood, most of your dmg comes from abilities and not autohits.

If it's only grinding you want to do, I would use a different specc, but you can use the second. but please don't put 64 points in blood.. that's overkill and absolutely unnecessary.

The first specc is absolutely craptastic, you miss many main abilities like full death rune mastery, bloody strikes, sudden doom etc.

Third and fourth specc I already mentioned.. there is no reason to use a frost subspecc.

I would use this one:

Your Glyphs suck more or less, no need for DRW and Vampiric Blood Glyphs. Use the slots to push your overall dmg so you can kill the mobs faster. A nice idea would it be to switch e.g. the Runestrike Glyph against a Death Grip Glyph so you can chain grab the mobs. Way easier than running around

The last points you can use as you see fit.
-Take 1Pt Improved Blood Presence, 1Pt Vendetta or Vampiric Blood. If your Gear ist not that good use Vendetta to replenish a bit of your HP after each kill.
-The rest should be simple. For farming you don't really need Demonic Rune Weapon because your enemies won't last so long that you can use it. But there are not many alternatives. I would recommend going for 5Pt Blood Gorged and 2 Pt On A Pale Horse so you can move faster from one spot to another.

No real need for things like
-Epidemic: Your Enemies will be dead before your diseases will run out
-Runetap: Your Death Strike and Blood Worms will heal you enough
-Vampiric Blood: Are you hunting Worldbosses? I don't think so. If you are not in full blues and want to hunt elite mobs there is no need for that.
-Mark of Blood: Again no need taking it. Only a bit helpfull if you run into fast hitting mobs, but not that much. Will run out before the 20 charges are used.
-DRW: Mobs will be dead before its used. Use your Runepower for Deathcoils instead
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/06/2010, 23:23   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
@Fergun: Vendetta isn't that bad for grinding only, but not really necessary if you use your diseases right

You are already 80 I presume? I don't know how good your gear is and what you want to farm, but most abilities aren't necessary until you hit ILvl 232 Gear. But ok there are your 4 speccs:

I would recommend a blood specc with unholy subspecc. Frost subspecc should be inferior to it cause you don't gain that much out of more magical dmg and autohit dmg. With blood, most of your dmg comes from abilities and not autohits.

If it's only grinding you want to do, I would use a different specc, but you can use the second. but please don't put 64 points in blood.. that's overkill and absolutely unnecessary.

The first specc is absolutely craptastic, you miss many main abilities like full death rune mastery, bloody strikes, sudden doom etc.

Third and fourth specc I already mentioned.. there is no reason to use a frost subspecc.

I would use this one:

Your Glyphs suck more or less, no need for DRW and Vampiric Blood Glyphs. Use the slots to push your overall dmg so you can kill the mobs faster. A nice idea would it be to switch e.g. the Runestrike Glyph against a Death Grip Glyph so you can chain grab the mobs. Way easier than running around

The last points you can use as you see fit.
-Take 1Pt Improved Blood Presence, 1Pt Vendetta or Vampiric Blood. If your Gear ist not that good use Vendetta to replenish a bit of your HP after each kill.
-The rest should be simple. For farming you don't really need Demonic Rune Weapon because your enemies won't last so long that you can use it. But there are not many alternatives. I would recommend going for 5Pt Blood Gorged and 2 Pt On A Pale Horse so you can move faster from one spot to another.

No real need for things like
-Epidemic: Your Enemies will be dead before your diseases will run out
-Runetap: Your Death Strike and Blood Worms will heal you enough
-Vampiric Blood: Are you hunting Worldbosses? I don't think so. If you are not in full blues and want to hunt elite mobs there is no need for that.
-Mark of Blood: Again no need taking it. Only a bit helpfull if you run into fast hitting mobs, but not that much. Will run out before the 20 charges are used.
-DRW: Mobs will be dead before its used. Use your Runepower for Deathcoils instead
wow ty.. i love ya and ti'm sorry if you lose ur time writing those things
Old 04/07/2010, 20:34   #7

No worries, that's what I'm here for
Old 04/12/2010, 15:29   #8

elite*gold: 2287
Uhm if u want to do a powergrind ,
u need to make a Frost dk , 'cause more def = less dmg and more Stamina.
If u want i can show a good dps frost solo grind build:

Old 04/12/2010, 15:29   #9

Sry my computer was laggin and then i tapped F5 :S sry
Old 04/12/2010, 19:48   #10

Afaik you can delete your double posts by yourself?

Back to Topic:

Who needs Def when you heal yourself by 15% of your HP with each Deathstrike, get a small Selfheal with each Hit, an additional Heal when you kill a Mob and again additional Heals from Blood Worms?

There are 2 flaws in your argumentation:
1.) Def-Rating doesn't deal any damage.
2.) Where do you think you get your Def-Rating from in the Frost Tree? There is none. Where is the higher HP Pool with Frost? There is none.
Blood has the higher HP Pool because of Veteran of the Third War.

PS: Why do you link a 1 year old Video about a DK with awful DPS and way too old specc? Naturally his Gear is old too and not fit to be used effectively as Frost anymore, DW ist the way to go right now when you specc Frost.
Old 04/13/2010, 15:39   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Afaik you can delete your double posts by yourself?

Back to Topic:

Who needs Def when you heal yourself by 15% of your HP with each Deathstrike, get a small Selfheal with each Hit, an additional Heal when you kill a Mob and again additional Heals from Blood Worms?

There are 2 flaws in your argumentation:
1.) Def-Rating doesn't deal any damage.
2.) Where do you think you get your Def-Rating from in the Frost Tree? There is none. Where is the higher HP Pool with Frost? There is none.
Blood has the higher HP Pool because of Veteran of the Third War.

PS: Why do you link a 1 year old Video about a DK with awful DPS and way too old specc? Naturally his Gear is old too and not fit to be used effectively as Frost anymore, DW ist the way to go right now when you specc Frost.
try it urself then.
Old 04/13/2010, 21:30   #12

Nice answer, nothing more was expected