Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 15:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Want to change your chracters name?

Discussion on Want to change your chracters name? within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
Well if you ninjaed something, or just did something stupid and want to change your characters name, theres a technique that I have found out works about 90% of them time, aslong as you dont get impatient. I posted this a while back, but I deleted it to do some more research. Some of you probably know this, but for those that don't here you go...

First delete the character you want to have a name change. Then log off, and wait about 2 hours. Log on, make a lvl 1 and send a GM ticket. In the ticket say that your BROTHER deleted your character because he was angry at you. Say how much you want your character back, and just make up shit to make them feel sorry for you.

Second, after you submit your GM ticket, go on a DIFFERENT account, (your friends) and make a lvl 1 with the same name of the character you deleted.
ie: You delete your 60 mage named Smith, you go on diff account and make lvl 1 named Smith.

Now, take that lvl 1, and level it to 3. Reason for this is, the GMs can find out that you did that, and they just delete the lvl 1, and give you, your characters orginal name back. This way it avoids the filter they do.

Now wait.... in about 8 hours or so, you will get an e-mail from Blizz Recovery Team, they will ask you if you are sure of recovering your character, and you e-mail them back saying you are sure. They will recover your character but heres the intresting thing, you will get your character back with the name Smiith. Notice how they put two I's in there. Yea well thats not a name change, everyone will still know your a ninja so heres what you do.

Wait about 1 day, and on your 60 mage named Smiith, send a GM ticket under Account, and say that your name was changed from Smith to Smiith and this was done without your consent, and the GMs chose the name for you, and you dont want that name. 20% of the time the GM will say "Ok we have agreed to this, what would you like your new name to be?" 80% of the time they will say no the GMs chose your name and your keeping it.

If you get your name changed your first ticket your lucky. Ive only had that happen to me once. If it doesnt, WAIT ONE day, and submit another ticket saying same thing. If you dont wait, the GM will be like... this was already discussed with you today, and end the conversation.

I've changed over 8 characters names now, and when I first made this post and deleted it, I had only changed 2 characters names, so I've done the research, and not once did they not give me my character back, if you dont believe me, lvl an alt to 20 and do it, but I think thats a waste, because Blizzard "says" you only get a certain amount of recoveries per account, but I think they make that up because I have one account that I've used like 7 recoveries on unbinding equipment and changing names, but if you truly want to change your name, I believe you will delete your 60 and get a name change.

GL, remeber dont wear the same equipment when you get name change, and wear something to cover your face. =)
Old 01/10/2006, 13:10   #2

elite*gold: 0
In the ticket say that your BROTHER deleted your character because he was angry at you.

Würde das nich als Accountsharing gelten?
Old 01/10/2006, 13:14   #3

nicht wirlöich, kannst ja behaupten das er sich einfach an den pc gesetzt hat als du gerade im auswahl bildschirm warst oder so
Old 01/10/2006, 14:07   #4

und in den 10% wo sie es nicht machen, hat man sein char umsonst gelöscht^^
gerade 60er sollten sich das gut überlegen
Old 01/11/2006, 10:06   #5

ooh, i cldnt bear to lose my epic geared warlock on the off chance GM;s dont take the bait.

i see how it cld work though. ;-)

tbh: if for some reason i wanted a name change, id prolly just page a GM, and say my char was named after my cat of 15years, who passed away, and it pains me to play with that name, could they please change it :P
Old 01/11/2006, 10:45   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,993
Falls ihr den Server wechselt könnt ihr auch ganz einfach euren Namen wechseln , ihr müsst nur vorher auf dem neuen Server einen Char mit dem gleichen Namen erstellen und dann dürft ihr für euren alten Char einen neuen Namen eintippen beim Wechsel.