Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 13:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[WoW] 3.2 Boosting made easyer!

Discussion on [WoW] 3.2 Boosting made easyer! within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[WoW] 3.2 Boosting made easyer!

Hello everyone,

I found out that:
When your boosting toons in ANY instance, they don't have to be in range of the mobs to get experience OR loot!

For example:
I kill mobs in SM Cathedral, my alts are at the beginning of the instance (at the instance portal) and when i kill mobs they get full experience. Also i can give them loot with Masterlooter.

So is this good?
Yes! I have a warlock to boost ZF 40-45 in, and some times my alts die because i don't DOT fast enough and lose agro. Or they do a whirlwind, and they die. Now you can just drop your alts at the beginning, and just keep dotting every mob you see and you can keep on going with killing!

Happy powerleveling!

-Chronic1337
Old 08/11/2009, 18:08   #2

I guess this was changed with the recent patch then?

Just wondering what instances you use/recommend for boosting. I know a lot of people go SM, ZF, Stratholm. I've done that with a few toons myself. Though after that I have no idea lol.

Thanks for this! I'll test it out when the servers are back online.
Old 08/11/2009, 22:39   #3

I found in the SM Armory it stops in the hallway right before Herod. Has this happen to anyone else?

It looks like its not exactly instance wide but they have greatly increased the range.

Thanks jitsuk for the new info.

I'm going to try to post where the xp gains stop in instances from the entrances. It will help people that are trying to farm gear.
Old 08/12/2009, 00:08   #4

They inscreased the range for loot and XP...dunno if its because a bug or intended. Its not unlimited, but in small instances like Scarlet Cathedral the twink(s) can stay at the entrance.
Tested in ragefire few days ago..its just a big range, nothing more. Its safer to move the twinks to ensure the xp/loot-gain imho.
Old 08/20/2009, 12:17   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ult1 View Post
Just wondering what instances you use/recommend for boosting. I know a lot of people go SM, ZF, Stratholm. I've done that with a few toons myself. Though after that I have no idea lol.
Alliance
10-15 Deadmines
15-25 Stockades
25-35 Scarlet Monastery
35-45 Zul Farrak
45-55 Stratholme / Scholomance
55-58 Questing until you reach Outlands
58-63 Hellfire Ramparts

Horde

8-14 Ragefire Chasm
14-20 Wailing Caverns
20-25 Razorfen Kraul
25-35 Scarlet Monastery
35-45 Zul Farrak
45-55 Stratholme / Scholomance
55-58 Questing until you reach Outlands
58-63 Hellfire Ramparts

As soon as you enter Outlands it'll be a lot harder to get boosted efficiently, thus I recommend questing from 58 to 80. But Ramparts (and some others) might still work good enough with a well geared DK Tank.