Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 10:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NCsoft Sued for making Lineage 2 "too addictive"

Discussion on NCsoft Sued for making Lineage 2 "too addictive" within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
NCsoft Sued for making Lineage 2 "too addictive"

Yes, i know, its wierd. But its true.

A Lineage 2 player Craig Smallwood sued NCsoft for 3 million, couse they made Lineage 2 too addictive. Smallwood claims that he played the game for 20,000 hours in the last five years (To get the image u need 20,000:1825=~11, so yes, he played for ~11 hours a day for the past 5 years!), so the game clearly ruined 5 years of his life.

A federal judge has allowed the suit to proceed against the South Korean publisher NCsoft. NCsoft has appealed and asked the judge to dismiss the case. This dosint end here, the situation gets more interesting when you consider that Smallwood had his Lineage II accounts banned for alleged grey market RMT activity, although he claims that was a ploy by NCsoft to force players like himself to move over to Aion.

So, is this the end of lineage 2? Who knows.
Old 08/21/2010, 08:32   #2

elite*gold: 0
FFS there are guys on other online games that spend 17h every day on a game.
I bet he wont win ofc.
Old 08/21/2010, 08:57   #3

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
Well, his life was work, games, sleep for the past five years, anything might happen.
Old 08/22/2010, 08:25   #4

elite*gold: 0
These articles always make me crack up