Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 07:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[WoW] Neue Naming-Policy

Discussion on [WoW] Neue Naming-Policy within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Unter anderem zu meiner Freude, hat Blizzard eine Naming Policy eingeführt bezüglich der Namensgebung der einzelnen Charaktere. Diese Policy wird testweise auf dem Stresstest Server laufen und sofern sie zu Blizzards Zufriedenheit läuft, auch später ins Retail übernommen

Quote:
FYI, we are going to be changing part of our naming policy for the upcoming stress test. We want to keep the worlds look and feel to be that of fantasy. With this test, it allows us to also test our support philosophies, however this will only be supported on the stress test servers currently. You can find the below posting at

Addendum for Stress-Test Servers Only
We have gone to great lengths to ensure that your experience in the land of Azeroth is as enjoyable and immersive as possible. However, this immersion can be quickly broken when you see the stately Tauren Hunter named "IOwnsU" or the imposing Night Elf Druid "ErnestBorgnine." In an attempt to maintain the suspension of disbelief, we will be disallowing all non fantasy-related names for the World of Warcraft Stress Test. This currently applies only to the Stress Test realms and not to the existing Closed Beta Test realms. You see, Alpha, Beta, and Stress Tests are not only an opportunity for us to test the stability of the software, but also an opportunity to test our support. Depending on the results of this test, we may or may not add this to our retail naming policy. Thank you for your cooperation in this little trial run and enjoy your travels!
Non Fantasy-Related This category includes names which:

Deviate from classic high fantasy names
Are references to pop culture or generally anachronistic
Are statements in and of themselves
If a player is found to have such a name, he/she will:
Be prompted to select a new name
Be given a warning