Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Tera
You last visited: Today at 23:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] Tera Map Modifications

Discussion on [Discussion] Tera Map Modifications within the Tera forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Discussion] Tera Map Modifications

Hey guys, any tips on how to make mod maps? There was one released for LoT, I have the upk unpacker/repacker (UtHelper), how would one go about remapping walls and floors. Any tips or help would be fantastic.

rK
Old 01/03/2014, 15:25   #2

The author simply made some files unreadable by renaming them. That's hardly modding.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/03/2014, 22:35   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achthundert View Post
The author simply made some files unreadable by renaming them. That's hardly modding.
Ooo, is that what he did? Can you shed some more light on what he did in particular? How do you know which ones to rename to remove walls/floors.

rK
Old 01/05/2014, 07:45   #4

i posted how to do this on my tread a few weeks ago...

Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/10/2014, 11:18   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraHasmina View Post
i posted how to do this on my tread a few weeks ago...

i wonder if this idea apply for mobs too? just an idea
Old 01/10/2014, 12:17   #6

Mobs are server sided.
Old 01/10/2014, 12:57   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceking View Post
Mobs are server sided.
darn u r right, i tried and didnt get good result

btw im trying to remove the walls in the dungeon "channelwork", i believe it's under the folder "Velika_Sewer" but apparently it isnt =s
Old 01/10/2014, 18:37   #8

you mean that 3 man instance? it IS in Velik_sewer folder...but you wont be able to remove certain walls :/
Old 01/10/2014, 21:04   #9

Quote:
you mean that 3 man instance? it IS in Velik_sewer folder...but you wont be able to remove certain walls :/
yea i meant the 3 man instance, and u r right too. i tried those files and nothing was removed

Do u know if the dungeon "wonderholm" is removable? i dont see any folder related to this dungeon...
Old 01/10/2014, 21:14   #10

elite*gold: 140
even if you could remove the walls in wonderholme it would be give you a big advantage
because you have to kill every boss so that the next boss can spawn :/
Old 01/10/2014, 21:22   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaces View Post
even if you could remove the walls in wonderholme it would be give you a big advantage
because you have to kill every boss so that the next boss can spawn :/
oh thats right, they "fixed" it =s

how about mc then?
Old 01/10/2014, 21:42   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilin View Post
yea i meant the 3 man instance, and u r right too. i tried those files and nothing was removed

Do u know if the dungeon "wonderholm" is removable? i dont see any folder related to this dungeon...
wonderholme is located in EX_VK...
EX_VK_SD1_T42_1001996.gmp and EX_VK_SD1_T42_1001997.gmp
are the "main" files of this instance...about 2 months ago we were able to "remove" the whole instance but the clown and last boss...
we only tryed it on WHNM but we were able to 3 man the last boss...we stacked the clownboss buff to 100 and left 1 guy there to keep the buff up (luckily the buff goes through the whole ini ^^).
2 of us went to the endboss and killed him with an ~500k attack power buff xD
i dont know if the clownboss will spawn without killing some **** before but u could try

MC is located "SWC" if i remember right...you are able to fall right from the entrance into the plexus and you will even spawn the teleportal for the rest of ur group...unfortunately the queen wont spawn and you will find an empty plexus ^^
(sorry for bad english)
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/10/2014, 22:10   #13

Quote:
MC is located "SWC" if i remember right...you are able to fall right from the entrance into the plexus and you will even spawn the teleportal for the rest of ur group...unfortunately the queen wont spawn and you will find an empty plexus ^^
(sorry for bad english)
well i guess that is just like wh then, they "fixed" it in a way that u must clear the bosses so the final one will appear =s

anyway ty so much for the info! =)
Old 01/10/2014, 23:48   #14

Has anyone edited files to remove specific objects? I did a lot of research, Tera runs Unreal Engine 3. There are unpackers but no repackers. However I'd you decompress these files and use Uthelper youll find the address of certain objects. The good thing is apparently decompressed files will still be recognized by the engine.

Rk
Old 01/11/2014, 12:51   #15

i have been extracting gpk files, what sort of object r u trying to remove? like gates in dungeon or some stationary mob (like the spinning laser)?

Quote:
wonderholme is located in EX_VK...
EX_VK_SD1_T42_1001996.gmp and EX_VK_SD1_T42_1001997.gmp
are the "main" files of this instance...about 2 months ago we were able to "remove" the whole instance but the clown and last boss...
it work in a way, but i have to mount and dismount all the way; is that the same for u too?