Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Tera
You last visited: Today at 20:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] Tera Map Modifications

Discussion on [Discussion] Tera Map Modifications within the Tera forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 01/11/2014, 16:59   #16

elite*gold: 0
yea this way...at first its annoying, but you will get used to it...it goes smoother if you got a tool to record it like a macro...and its no use to use extract gpk files...they are just for graphical things, the good stuff is in the .gmp´s...unfortunately all gates do count as npcs and are server sided, you could delete an entire instance but the mobs and gates will stay
---------
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceking View Post
Has anyone edited files to remove specific objects? I did a lot of research, Tera runs Unreal Engine 3. There are unpackers but no repackers. However I'd you decompress these files and use Uthelper youll find the address of certain objects. The good thing is apparently decompressed files will still be recognized by the engine.

Rk
you got tera recognize UNPACKED files? Oo this would be like a revulation in map hacking
Old 01/11/2014, 17:38   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraHasmina View Post
yea this way...at first its annoying, but you will get used to it...it goes smoother if you got a tool to record it like a macro...
i see... i will see if i get a good use of that, but unlikely

also some dungeon seem to have different gate than other ones, for example i can use lag tool to pass run through the dungeon channelwork without gate showing up to last boss; but the wonderholm map probably has gate inside the map so when the map load the gate load with it. and the dungeon mc can also be lagged so gates dont show..

but i wonder how useful can modifying map be, i mean in some dungeon u have to clear the mob in order to see the next boss and such. in battelground would be risky cuz other ppl report u
Old 01/12/2014, 02:06   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilin View Post
i have been extracting gpk files, what sort of object r u trying to remove? like gates in dungeon or some stationary mob (like the spinning laser)?

it work in a way, but i have to mount and dismount all the way; is that the same for u too?
Remove walls, keep floors. For CS and other battle grounds/instances.
Old 01/12/2014, 10:50   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceking View Post
Remove walls, keep floors. For CS and other battle grounds/instances.
r those located in those gpk files, possibly?
Old 01/12/2014, 12:59   #20

nope, theyre not...you have to imagine it this way:
the .gmp got the "real" walls stored in them..boulders with collisions and everything...
the .gpks got the graphical images in them...the .gmps get the graphics out of the .gpks ^^
so .gmp = collisions, gpks = just graphical things...
if you ever tryed it, my tool cuts out the "skins" of the gates in corsairs...youre able to see through them and shoot noobs behind on, but you cant go through them :/

btw...you are able to "edit" some water in certain areas...so youre able to ride youre mount in water, use skills ect...could be funny in the canyon, if you can kill ppls out of the water ^^

but it would be even better, if you were able to set an whole instance under water...so you could swim through an hole instance and leave every **** out
Old 01/12/2014, 20:52   #21

Quote:
nope, theyre not...you have to imagine it this way:
the .gmp got the "real" walls stored in them..boulders with collisions and everything...
the .gpks got the graphical images in them...the .gmps get the graphics out of the .gpks ^^
so .gmp = collisions, gpks = just graphical things...
i see, i thought it in a wrong way then. is it possible to "disturb" the gmp file so the real walls dont load?

my friends r afraid of ban, so they dont use these graphic "tool", im quite alone, soloing LOT and CW everyday; and no other dungeon since most of them r not soloable =/
Old 01/13/2014, 01:22   #22

Quote:
yea this way...at first its annoying, but you will get used to it...it goes smoother if you got a tool to record it like a macro...and its no use to use extract gpk files...they are just for graphical things, the good stuff is in the .gmp´s...unfortunately all gates do count as npcs and are server sided, you could delete an entire instance but the mobs and gates will stay
---------

you got tera recognize UNPACKED files? Oo this would be like a revulation in map hacking
Nope not unpacked, just uncompressed. Just tested. Now we just need to find where certain info is located so we can null them out. (You can do that with UtHelper, kinda)

Rk
Old 01/16/2014, 12:53   #23

UtHelper can just edit textures not the 3d models as i know
Old 01/17/2014, 10:33   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekziy View Post
UtHelper can just edit textures not the 3d models as i know
Correct, but it seems UThelper gives you the address of certain content in the upk, you'd then use a hex editor to null it out. Too lazy to try, maybe in the future.

rK
Old 01/28/2014, 00:33   #25

Once you decrypt them they won't load anymore in game tried removing the map files specificly but when they are embeded into a map like wonderholme the file structure ends up breaking cause of how they are designed. Most of the maps the walls are just wrapping of textures removing the gates in wonderholme doesnt seem possible when i tried the dungeon wouldn't load what you would need to do is be able to decrypt it unpack it open the model in 3ds and remove the fence cause not having the file for the fence causes the game to crash but if you could modify the model itself and repack it then it would work but i havent figured a way to repack them once they are unpacked and decrypt them once again. I have seen some interesting bug abuses with files though.
Old 01/28/2014, 01:00   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam0 View Post
Once you decrypt them they won't load anymore in game tried removing the map files specificly but when they are embeded into a map like wonderholme the file structure ends up breaking cause of how they are designed. Most of the maps the walls are just wrapping of textures removing the gates in wonderholme doesnt seem possible when i tried the dungeon wouldn't load what you would need to do is be able to decrypt it unpack it open the model in 3ds and remove the fence cause not having the file for the fence causes the game to crash but if you could modify the model itself and repack it then it would work but i havent figured a way to repack them once they are unpacked and decrypt them once again. I have seen some interesting bug abuses with files though.
As far as I know, it is currently impossible to repack a UE3 file. But decompressing the file works and I've tested it. Decompressing != decrypting. When you decompress it, text in the hex editor is more readable, from there you can do modifications. Though I haven't personally modified or tested anything other than verifying decompressed files are still loadable by the client.

rK
Old 03/25/2015, 21:24   #27

\TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Maps\

There you find collision files.
Old 03/26/2015, 01:47   #28

/\ this works on cs ? i mean, if we remove collision files we can rekt crystal easy ?
Old 03/26/2015, 13:51   #29

Collision files are invisible walls, nothing else.
If you spam your inventory you can lag through the gate
Old 07/23/2015, 00:37   #30

Anyone care to input on this?

Whenever I try to remove given .gmps, if I try to go into the instance, it just instantly crashes the client, when loading at 0%.

*Edit:*
I play on NA Tera btw, has anyone successfully done this on NA Tera?