Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Technical Support
You last visited: Today at 03:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hardware compatibility

Discussion on Hardware compatibility within the Technical Support forum part of the Off-Topics category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hardware compatibility

Hi.

I'm on a "short" budget and i really want to make an upgrade to my PC.

Here's what i currently got:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 LE-1640
Motherboard:

VideoCard: Palit GeForce 8400GS Super - 512Mb

I was "browsing" a website with some cheap components and after comparing i got to these two:

Processor: AMD AM2+/ AM3 Athlon II X2 255

Video card: SAPPHIRE SPH-EHD5750V1G

Would these two components work on my current motherboard?And if they do, how much performance will i lose since my motherboard is an older version - PCIE x16 and AM2/AM2+/AM3 hybrid sort of slot()?

You'r replies would be of great help!
Old 07/11/2011, 17:23   #2

elite*gold: 0
Hi,

I think the Graphiccard will may produce issues because it is a PCIe 2.1 card and you just have a PCIe Slot.

Greets
bobo126
Old 07/11/2011, 17:29   #3

elite*gold: 9
The Black Market: 156/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,804
Hey,

weve got a sticky for those asks. You better post everything in it since this one will be closed soon. Please remember to post your budget in €, dollar or whatever, also, so ppl can advice better

As far as i know PCIe 2.1 is compatible with PCIe.

Thanks
1 User
Old 07/11/2011, 23:00   #4

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,859
/closed -> state your question in the Stickythread, thx!
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Windows 7 Compatibility Problem
04/09/2012 - Grand Chase - 2 Replies
Hello everyone! I got a problem with grand chase PH running on windows 7. When I ran the GC launcher, it suddenly shows blue screen after gameguard was loaded. It dumps then restarts even if I used the Compatibility feature (Win XP SP2, SP3, Vista, and so on the list). Anyone knows how to fix this problem? My system drivers are upto date and I used the following specs: Windows 7 Ultimate with Direct X 11 AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 2.6 GHz 2.0 GB RAM DDR2 800 MHz EMAXX solidstate caps...
Compatibility
07/07/2011 - Mabinogi - 2 Replies
As far as using the packet for mana tunnel etc, will the CN server packets be same as NA one?
Windows 7 Compatibility.
03/13/2010 - Lineage 2 - 0 Replies
I run 8 accounts on L2 walker. Now, normally on a windows xp operating system i do not get any crashes. Just wondering, any ideas why Lineage 2 Crashes Randomly on me as far as when I run 8 - 9 accounts on L2 walker. It will crash randomly.
Show your PC specs for compatibility
07/03/2009 - Grand Chase Philippines - 1 Replies
im having a problem lately doing all posted settings and new idea how to fix the MLE 1320 and also with ZID engine that i have. then after some experimentation trial and error it works on other units or PC. Damn! my PC is much better than where it works!! I rent in a shop for me to find out whats wrong.. i was tested it on 2 different PC My PC(not working here!! crash/BSoD!! damn) AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2CPUs) 1Gig Ram DDR2 800 Samsung 256mb...
Software Compatibility
08/02/2008 - Conquer Online 2 - 0 Replies
i need help on this one. My OS is windows xp x46 and i already had install the .net framework 2 for it... BUT... when i open those programs (E.g. UCO speed hack or multi hack) that require framework 2, a popup message will prompt telling me to install framework 2. and i also receive a message "application error" screen shot: http://wizardeducation.org/images/error.jpg