Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 20:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Silkroad 2(SRO-2) Development undergoing(PROOF)

Discussion on Silkroad 2(SRO-2) Development undergoing(PROOF) within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Silkroad 2(SRO-2) Development undergoing(PROOF)

Hey guys, haven't played sro for couple of years now, but I was kinda bored today and looked around at a couple of webpages concerning joymax, about shares, sales etc. And i found this on Joymax's Official R&D Page. Sems like Silkroad-R. might have been a last attempt to earn the last possible ammount of money, for the development of Silkroad-2. So will be interesting to see what they do come up with. Here is what i found on their website:

Quote:
Silkroad Online was awarded the 1st place award in Technological Innovation at the 2005 Korea Game Awards for its tactical and strategic A.I system, scalable and reliable network engine, intelligent LOD (map, object), and unlimited capacity scalability, combined with top notch graphics and first rate game scenario. While continuing to develop the Silkroad product, The development team of Joymax is also developing "Silkroad Online 2 (temporary name)" to follow "Silkroad Online," and "Web Silkroad Online (temporary name).“ We are putting all our efforts into developing a game that maintains the advantages of "Silkroad Online" and includes new added fun.
Source:
Old 04/13/2012, 14:46   #2

Seems legit.
Old 04/14/2012, 08:42   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,198
Joymax already denied any rumours regarding Silkroad 2.
Old 04/15/2012, 16:27   #4

I thought silkroad-R was sro 2
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/16/2012, 09:13   #5

Nice, joymax is starting to think about a new idea ...
Old 04/16/2012, 11:44   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouj!n View Post
I thought silkroad-R was sro 2
How 10 new skills and few "balance" things is called a brand new game in your eyes?
Old 04/16/2012, 18:22   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,198
Silkroad R is not very good.
Old 04/18/2012, 22:44   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneofgod View Post
Joymax already denied any rumours regarding Silkroad 2.
Then how would you explain this statement coming from their own website?
Old 04/18/2012, 22:59   #9

I wont be pesimistic but joymax have no money to develop second big project, maybe they had plans to create silkroad online 2 , but now they have no money to make it. Ksro closed all servers only one left, joymax do nothing to prevent players from leave the game(they can't do much anyway), p2p genesis server failed as well because of low population. One big fail with files protection ends life of official sro servers. In my opinion Sro will be shutted down in next 2 years because no incomes + no ideas. Also joymax will try to survive by develop new low quality games but they will bankrupt because competition are too strong (take a look at "raiderz" upcoming game for example). We shall remember about silkroad online generate around 80% incomes of joymax company in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by add3 View Post
Then how would you explain this statement coming from their own website?
about info from joymax website, lets take a look :

Thanks
5 Users
Old 04/19/2012, 12:57   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova1337 View Post
How 10 new skills and few "balance" things is called a brand new game in your eyes?
Haven't been in silkroad for a while, so i thought it was a new silkroad...
Old 04/25/2012, 23:50   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxemuman View Post
I wont be pesimistic but joymax have no money to develop second big project, maybe they had plans to create silkroad online 2 , but now they have no money to make it. Ksro closed all servers only one left, joymax do nothing to prevent players from leave the game(they can't do much anyway), p2p genesis server failed as well because of low population. One big fail with files protection ends life of official sro servers. In my opinion Sro will be shutted down in next 2 years because no incomes + no ideas. Also joymax will try to survive by develop new low quality games but they will bankrupt because competition are too strong (take a look at "raiderz" upcoming game for example). We shall remember about silkroad online generate around 80% incomes of joymax company in the past.

about info from joymax website, lets take a look :

Proof for joymax having no money? Cause just talking doesnt get you anywhere. Look up their Share statistics and cash flow, then post another post here. Thx!
Old 04/26/2012, 10:40   #12

Received Thanks: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by add3 View Post
Proof for joymax having no money? Cause just talking doesnt get you anywhere. Look up their Share statistics and cash flow, then post another post here. Thx!
You seriously can't deny that silkroad is dying, and it's the biggest part of their income. Which other game did joymax make which was sucha hit that brought them millions of dollars? They should sell silkroad to another company who could bring it back to life.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/18/2012, 03:36   #13

Some more old proof :
12th January 12
New Licensee
PathEngine is licensed by Joymax, for 'Silkroad 2'.

They bought a license for PathEngine which is a good game developing software. 11,000euros too.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/21/2012, 22:03   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty* View Post
You seriously can't deny that silkroad is dying, and it's the biggest part of their income. Which other game did joymax make which was sucha hit that brought them millions of dollars? They should sell silkroad to another company who could bring it back to life.
Did I say Silkroad, wasn't dying. But you guys need to look at some economic figures before you make statements, silkroad 2 is under development!
Old 08/16/2012, 01:10   #15

Received Thanks: 1,312
Push anyone got new proofs/news whatever ?
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread