Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 03:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Private server detailed specifications

Discussion on Private server detailed specifications within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Private server detailed specifications

Hi

I have been looking through the forum and searching, but I didn't find that exact information that I feel is need for running a private Shaiya server.

For a start I am looking into what specifications are required to run a private Shaiya server form a point of the number of users/players online on it.

Could anybody please share their information on this?

More detailed i am interested in these specifications to start with:
Processor Speed/Cores: (How many Cores and what strain does the complete setup put on these at different user/player loads?)
Memory amount: (How many are needed at different user/player loads?)
Disk space: (Same as the others, how much are needed for basic install and at different user/player loads?)
Network Utilization: (Same as rest, Bandwidth load at different user/player loads?)

The reason for this information are to:
1. Getting an idea on how to setup a server for myself, so it will run at it best. testing phase first.
2. Help others to get the information so they can buy/rent a server that will fit their goal of the server, so their new users/players wont get disappointed with the server.

I will properly have some follow up questions later.
Old 05/20/2015, 10:16   #2

wow a big path 's waiting for you
Old 05/21/2015, 12:53   #3

dual core
8 gb
50gb
100mbps
unmetered
Old 05/21/2015, 17:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2p View Post
dual core
8 gb
50gb
100mbps
unmetered
How many online players would that be able to run?

100mbps is fine, but what loads would it get on the network?

And thanks for the answer.
Old 05/22/2015, 03:08   #5

this server holds like 200 players
Old 05/22/2015, 04:27   #6

Old 05/22/2015, 16:43   #7

this is with the speed of the computer. if the computer lags so do you, if it freezes so does the game

#request to close as the questions been answered
Old 05/22/2015, 18:08   #8

Old 05/23/2015, 16:03   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2p View Post
this is with the speed of the computer. if the computer lags so do you, if it freezes so does the game

#request to close as the questions been answered
The questions are long from answered, still want to know the answers for the questions i asked, you just gave some shallow answers to my questions.

If you read my questions you will see i'm asking for some statistics on the usage of the server with diffrent loads and such, not just some basic specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch.Tv View Post
Yes but you do not have to develop on it, reason you make a test server or your going to screw your own server up by doing so. #Facepalm
Yes like with everything else server wise, you always run a stage/dev/test server on the side to be sure that your changes wont breake the live server that are in use.