Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Have ppl realy gone nuts????

Discussion on Have ppl realy gone nuts???? within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Have ppl realy gone nuts????

when i came here all was here and all was free for everyone..

i started sharing all i found out as long as it worked for me and i helped ppl in other places like omegas ep4.5 fully working client,shtool and so on..

but now it seems like 50% of the dev's here want money for there stuff. have elite become a priv servers ebay?

i think ppl need to grow up and think about how it was fior you back in the day. how did you get a server working if you would have to pay for every thing you needed?

close to all the good old dev's that know about everything about anything quit and took all there stuff with them. now we have alot of emty thread's, and to find stuff for new players now is hard. and i know becouse i have tried to help other players and how to do it. but giving them links here take me day's now becouse i have to look at 10 pages before i find stuff that's realy here. then a few of them is pay only. i mean who started this mess?

ok i understand ppl like litle pro hacker that didnt want to share his all working skills work. i was kind of sad when they said thay would never share it but ok. it took him a long time to do it. and it was his.

BUT as i know they never took money for there stuff, everything was here and to make a server was easy. if you could read you could make a server.

but now you just need money and ppl do it for you. how is that going to help? we have 3000 servers out there that have it but don't know **** when there is a problem? and how can other ppl help when they too need to pay for the stuff just to help?

keep it to your self ok i understand but keep the pay stuff out of elite please. this goes out to the admins here too, please remove the pay only stuff it's not what this was about. this is getting insane..
Thanks
13 Users
Old 05/31/2012, 12:32   #2

Old 06/01/2012, 05:41   #3

Just need some brain
Old 06/01/2012, 07:06   #4

Received Thanks: 1,161
Aswell would like to refrain to what happened to the Shaiya Player Community? Is everyone gone n00b or what is the problem? Everyone got used to Instant Leveling and having to grind a few hours makes them call the Server bad. Aswell as drop rates, if they cant get fully linked in 1-2 days, its the Servers fault aswell.
Let me remind what the good old fun days of OS were, ep3-ep4, when NOONE, literally noone was maxed, probably just 1 nolife hardcore farmer, and people didnt complain about it, because the games concept isnt to get maxed out within a week.
I agree that there is too much money floating around the Pserver Community, everyone is here for money, and the best part is: Its all Illegal.
Old 06/01/2012, 07:36   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Flip View Post
everyone is here for money, and the best part is: Its all Illegal.
well i'm not here for the money.

i desided one day after evolution (old) not the war crap. was closed down.

tyhat is ppl can do this i would also have a go. now i'm on top 5 on the oldest living server list.. (i think) just that is why i'm here. i'm still here :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Flip View Post
Aswell would like to refrain to what happened to the Shaiya Player Community? Is everyone gone n00b or what is the problem? Everyone got used to Instant Leveling and having to grind a few hours makes them call the Server bad. Aswell as drop rates, if they cant get fully linked in 1-2 days, its the Servers fault aswell.
Let me remind what the good old fun days of OS were, ep3-ep4, when NOONE, literally noone was maxed, probably just 1 nolife hardcore farmer, and people didnt complain about it, because the games concept isnt to get maxed out within a week.
I agree that there is too much money floating around the Pserver Community, everyone is here for money, and the best part is: Its all Illegal.
i feal the same way. i'm still on the grinding. i'm just wondering if ppl don't want to play shaiya what in the hell are they playing it? like i don't want to grind asnd you go to shaiya? i mean go to guild wars or what ever if you all for pvp.

instant this, and instant that. ppl want to be instanet everything in a way also instant best pvp stat yay how fun. this is like knowing all the cheat codes in a game and use it. how long do you play a game like that?

ppl join those serveres with instant everything, then ppl leave. becouse everyone are the same and i mean totaly the same. and ppl want to be secial. but play instant servers?

it's like asking if your job is special when your on a office with 300 ppl + that do the same thing you do..
Old 06/01/2012, 14:33   #6

Yeah, I remember the good ol' days. It's why I left. lol. Yet here I am again >.> I think servers would be a whole-hell-of-a-lot-better if this DDoS **** was gone and People grow up. You want quick easy money? Go get a job taking online surveys lol. I mean when I was a Dev I did it for the love of the game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/01/2012, 16:12   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svinseladden View Post
this is like knowing all the cheat codes in a game and use it. how long do you play a game like that?
This exactly describes it. When people use Cheats or Trainers for a game, they get stuff they could only dream of and quit playing it a week after, because it is not challenging anymore.
Old 06/01/2012, 17:45   #8

i have to say, i am one of those ppl who enjoy playing instant servers, and i hyped them aswell, BUT currently im playing a retail server (and i mean RETAIL, its classic <.<), and its really awesome.
on instant servers the balance is simply the problem, bc you can FC with no afford in less than 1 hour, so the ppl play on the side that rules PvP. and thats mainly the problem on instant pvp servers, bc it ruins PvP so you have nothing else to do.

and about that releasing stuff, yeah, i started a year ago with trying to make a private local server just for testing out, and i got very far to how it should work with the existing guides and so on, until ep5 came. Changes you cant copy from OS, not everything gets released or even mentioned etc etc. one example are the skills. i mean, i can understand LPH that he dont want to give it out, i wouldnt do it aswell, and i also dont want to simply download it but do it myself, but its kinda like trying to make a server without any server files. LPH said he has working skills, but theres no guide, not even a few hints how to do it. if somebody would tell me or point me into the direction (ofc with an explanation of how to change it, just telling where the problem is wont help me personallly <.<), i would do it on my own, no problem :/

and the same goes for several other things which are still missing here. i know some things are simply not possible for us as we would need the original server files for them, but at least as much as can be shared should be shared...
moreover, the things which got already released were deleted again, i noticed that when i had to redo my server, most of the things i needed were not available anymore, luckily i still had them on an external hard drive, without them i wouldnt be able to redo my server anymore

one more thing i noticed is ep6: i heard of at least 2 more maps, a vulcan island and a new GRB map, but nobody released them. and concerning this stuff you cant say "do it on your own" bc not everyone has the luck to have the korean client -.-'

whats going on here!!!
guys, you need to stay together! its like developing a game: you simply cant do it all on your own, you always need a team if you want the game to be great!

PS: i hope Nexon releases the dev stuff once they shut down the official servers, it wouldnt hurt them anymore, and we can mess around with this game finally :P
Old 06/01/2012, 21:23   #9

Since youre mentioning Nexon here, I would just like them to cancel Aeria's rights and create new Servers, starting from EP3 or whatsoever, without the massive cashing scams Aeria did. Cashers should have an "advantage", but not the ability to play normally while others cant do ****. Gear shouldnt be sold, Capes and Helmets probably yes, but nothing more than that. Cashers should just be able to get some luxury items like Appereance Changes, *** Changes, Stat/Skill Resets, EXP Stones etc.
Old 06/01/2012, 21:53   #10

elite*gold: 10
Quote:
when i came here all was here and all was free for everyone..
i started sharing all i found out as long as it worked for me and i helped ppl in other places like omegas ep4.5 fully working client,shtool and so on..
its all depend on you not in anyone else
if you want to share or not because its your work and your rights <- i konw its Aeria's rights after all

Quote:
but now it seems like 50% of the dev's here want money for there stuff. have elite become a priv servers ebay?
to minimize the server's around ?

Quote:
ok i understand ppl like litle pro hacker that didnt want to share his all working skills work. i was kind of sad when they said thay would never share it but ok. it took him a long time to do it. and it was his.
you said thats because everyone have to work not if you want to create your own server you have to find everything for free and ready for you to use

Quote:
BUT as i know they never took money for there stuff, everything was here and to make a server was easy. if you could read you could make a server.

but now you just need money and ppl do it for you. how is that going to help? we have 3000 servers out there that have it but don't know shit when there is a problem? and how can other ppl help when they too need to pay for the stuff just to help?
you have to LEARN

Quote:
keep it to your self ok i understand but keep the pay stuff out of elite please. this goes out to the admins here too, please remove the pay only stuff it's not what this was about. this is getting insane..
i agree with you in this part if you wanna get pay keep it out

but keep it in mind if we have everything ready here for free
there would be alot of servers around and most of the servers will be dead
might be your server maybe mine who knows
but i like it this way
only few servers around is up
only the one who can do some hardworking who can make his server up
dont take this in personal but srsly i hate to see alot of noobs around asking alot ( i was a noob in this once before but i didn't beg to have everything ready and free )
i worked hard to get my things work
so i am SELFISH
Old 06/01/2012, 23:05   #11

Received Thanks: 1,066
WTS all my Shaiya work for $1,000,000 USD starting price! All work goes to highest bidder plus free pen thrown in for every bid bumping price more than $5,000!

Kidding >.>
Anyway
I agree that selling your work is stupid. Also private servers are not illegal. What makes them illegal is public advertising(commercials and 3rd party site ads and stuff) and charging for gameplay.
Other than that we are safe. Although the official right owners (choi rock or whatever) can shut us all down if they truly wanted.
Now then I have to say..not to single out lph, but when I saw him selling his work I lost all my respect for him.
Moving on from individuals.
If we didn't have these dumbass people who don't know **** about running a server we wouldn't have so many **** ones that charge for every little thing they possibly can.
That's why I personally find the shtool the worst Shaiya tool ever released.
It alone completely ruined Shaiya private servers overall reputation.
Why you ask?
When you honestly think of a Shaiya p-server do you related a well made server to it?
Or do you say most of them are **** and I want to stay away.
I'd find the second answer in order here.
That tool has made it possible for anyone to create a server. Which is good to a point yet look what it has caused.
Don't get me wrong it's a good tool for those who prefer it..yet the fact that anyone can just make a server now has ruined the p-server population. Most people have left due to all these **** servers.
Which in turn spawns more **** servers in a **** attempt to fight for the dwindling population.
See if people would actually take time to create servers and put true work into them we wouldn't suffer from all these money hungry people and bad servers.
Which would be a lot of people back if they saw we had a lot of good servers to choose from.

Key words to create a server by: DON'T TRY TO BE LIKE ANYONE ELSE. MAKE YOUR SERVER WELL AND HOW YOU WANT IT. DON'T CONCERN WITH MONEY. MORE PLAYERS = MORE MONEY IF YOU CREATE YOUR **** SERVER CORRECTLY AND ITEM MALL RESTRICTED TO NON-ENHANCING GAMEPLAY ITEMS >.>

Ok I'm done with my post now >.>
Dumb people **** me off lol and that's what most server "devs" are now.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/01/2012, 23:17   #12

for me, shaiya studio was a great help, it helped me fixing and changing the unimportant stuff and starting faster with the interesting (like creating new maps, mobs, gears and thinking about more new features you cant do with shaiya studio but you need really time for. you can use your time much better thanks to the shaiya stuido

youll see, if were still here in a few years, shaiya studio will be like a dev tool for shaiya, for complete customizing shaiya and creating a new game <.<... then it wont ruin the pserver business anymore :P
Old 06/01/2012, 23:38   #13

I'm not saying it's bad. It's the fact anyone can use it is bad.
Meaning the dumb people use it to create **** servers which ruin everyones server in turn.
Old 06/02/2012, 02:02   #14

To be honest there are alot of greedy players/developers who decided that they want to create a server to either be an admin or to make money. They are not interested in learning how the game works or how to create something more than a shell of a server. I believe that some work such as indepth php work as well as many personal scripts that someone had to actually compile on their own are free to do as they wish. I enjoy that many dev's wish to share their own hard work to help others out but sometimes due to DDoS it can really put pressure on the developer/owner. I think this is what more or less prompted LPH to sell some of his skill sets such as PHP scripts and so forth.

No one has to purchase anything to create a generic server with their own twist but I honestly don't mind if someone works hard on making a php script that saves someone alot of time and decides they would like a little compensation for their time. They don't have to release/share it but they choose to lease it to someone for a price. Some people would agree that paying a few dollars for a code that could over all save them hours to days worth of work would be worth it.

There are too many people out there who just want everything handed to them and they have no idea how to run a server. If they get everything for free they will never learn and if something goes wrong on their server or breaks they will be trolling epvpers for weeks going "PLS SUM1 HALPS ME W/ ISSUE?!" Its unfair to the players who put the time and effort into playing someones server to be put through the stress of losing their time simply because the current "developers" aren't actually developing but just using everyone elses work.

I do not agree that everything should have a price but I also believe if you have the brain.exe to google and create something that others are either too lazy to attempt or simply just don't care, why not ask for a finders fee? (Also remember alot of servers are being DDoS'd so each ddos where a host removes a client whether in the beginning, middle, or end of their payment cycle means that they now have to find a new host and pay even more money due to the childish attacks of petty jealous server owners who just want a monopoly on shaiya players.)

Sorry for the rant/wall of text,
Old 06/02/2012, 03:48   #15

Again I say DDoS isn't hard to prevent if you truly look into it all.
I don't agree with everything being released to people.
I hate the fact that I see [HELP] all the **** time.
I mean it's good to ask questions and all yet most of this **** people ask can be fixed by their own hands in 5 minutes after looking it up.
I believe it is ones choice to do what they want with their work like mine I'll never release nor has anyone ever seen the true core of my work on any server.
I've kept most my skills and work a secret due to the fact I hate the attention and I hate getting asked "how to...?" lol. I like sitting behind the lines and watching.
Anyway lost my train of thought for a second >.>
Umm...like I said though if people actually came together like before and shared ideas and tools(to a point) with others than servers would be a lot better.
If people did less of how can I...? and actually looked into how to do things and took the time to build an amazing server then servers would be even better.
End of story
Only thing you need money for is the keep the game up(most people's net can't support a mass amount of people at once so you'll need a dedicated host to pay for)
Other than that we get things called jobs for extra cash lol. If you are too young for a job in all honesty you shouldn't be running a server due to the lack of maturity and reasoning skills.