Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > S4 League
You last visited: Today at 16:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Request: 0 Accuracy for Handgun

Discussion on Request: 0 Accuracy for Handgun within the S4 League forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Request: 0 Accuracy for Handgun

Just that. I like using Handgun; the speediness is great for getting around and being evasive, the ammo count is good, and the damage for well-aimed shots is pretty awesome.

But the retarded random bullet spread makes it impossible to get any good with it. I want to improve my aim, but first I need the bullets to go where I ****** point.

And before someone comes in and says "lol just use Revolver or Shotty if you wanna single-shot"...no. Revolver's range is ridiculously short, Shotty is horribly unpredictable/does **** damage per pellet, and I find both have a tendency to randomly do next to no damage for an all-bullets-hit shot. S'annoying.

I'm not asking for a totally new hack made specially for me. Just please, one of you people keeping your multihacks updated; consider adding this one little thing?
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/31/2011, 10:46   #2

Received Thanks: 2,964
if Project harmony Released you will get Accuracy, so ;O wait a bit
Thanks
5 Users
Old 03/31/2011, 15:24   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by De4Su View Post
I believe in you De4Su,i keep you good luck. i'll wait
Old 03/31/2011, 17:15   #4

OMFG!
Just train. I trained hard and a lot and now I just crit everyone with the Handgun.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/31/2011, 17:55   #5

when harmony project will be finished ?
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/31/2011, 20:39   #6

HG -> same spray as subs -> easy aiming...

You'll hit less with 0% spray~
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/31/2011, 21:46   #7

elite*gold: 2
wann wirt es fertig sein?
Old 03/31/2011, 22:57   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by De4Su View Post
Thank you. I'd not heard of this project though (haven't been lurking enough lately, I guess), do you have a page/thread/etc where I can watch the project's progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Silver* View Post
OMFG!
Just train. I trained hard and a lot and now I just crit everyone with the Handgun.
I can believe that, up close. But I've been in fights where I know I was aiming perfectly, and not even hit, let alone crit. Out of Shotgun range or so, the spread makes it nearly impossible to reliably hit with an aimed shot, even aiming with the top of the crosshair (especially because the spread increases with range).

I have been using it more lately, trying to get better with it. I've used it off and on all through my s4ing days. But the unreliability at more than close range has always annoyed me, and so I decided to make this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mipez View Post
HG -> same spray as subs -> easy aiming...

You'll hit less with 0% spray~
1) Entirely different pattern.

Handgun:

SMGs:

2) Having 0% spray is the point of the whole exercise. It forces me to try and aim for damaging shots, instead of spraying around, hoping for a lucky hit or critical.

Other people might be fine with abusing the aiming error margin that spraying weapons give. I'd rather work for my kills :\ it's more satisfying.
Old 04/01/2011, 06:08   #9

Received Thanks: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankPerson View Post
Thank you. I'd not heard of this project though (haven't been lurking enough lately, I guess), do you have a page/thread/etc where I can watch the project's progress?
At this time not, but you can see a bit on
Old 04/01/2011, 11:16   #10

Quote:
1) Entirely different pattern.

Handgun:

SMGs:

2) Having 0% spray is the point of the whole exercise. It forces me to try and aim for damaging shots, instead of spraying around, hoping for a lucky hit or critical.

Other people might be fine with abusing the aiming error margin that spraying weapons give. I'd rather work for my kills :\ it's more satisfying.
Doesn't really matter, but HG spray has been changed^^
About patch 24 or 25...
Even with the old one you'd hit almost everytime.

Btw. if you're "aiming perfectly" you'll hit.
"I'm aiming right, but the bullets just won't hit" - sounds like you didn't aim at all.
Just aiming with the middle of the screen simply isn't enough.

Just watch the spray, it isn't random.
Old 04/01/2011, 23:51   #11

"Just aiming with the middle of the screen isn't enough."
Well, that's weird...I could have sworn the crosshair was in the middle of the screen, and the crosshair was the generally-accepted method of aiming. I'll have to look into that.
Handgun spray is the same as it's always been, four locations around the upper part of the crosshair: top left, top center, top right, center. The game randomly chooses a spot and fires there, not unlike Shotgun and Smash Rifle. I even did a quick test to make sure I wasn't missing something:

If there's a method of "aiming properly" with Handgun, it's aiming for body shots and hoping to *** the random bullet selection and range spread don't screw you over. The bullets are large enough to save you up close, but out towards midrange it seems to come down to luck combined with fortunate aiming error.

In my opinion, "aiming properly" involves aiming for the head to make what might be considered a skilled shot, like one might do with a Gauss Rifle or Railgun, for example...not aiming for the body and hoping for a lucky break.
Old 04/02/2011, 11:38   #12

Strange thing, I'll have a look on the spray later, but you should read properly. The spray doesn't really matter.
And "middle of the screen" means you shouldn't simply aim at the body, head, whatever - move your crosshairs against the spray, just a matter of timing.

Btw. if you're after fast killing, use Revo, it's much easier and you can compensate the walk speed with jumps, dodges and such.
Old 04/03/2011, 04:52   #13

....but you're missing the point.

Your argument is perfectly valid, IF you're talking about a weapon that fires in a consistent, predictable pattern; basically any shooting weapon aside from Smash Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun.

Handgun picks a random spot, out of four, and only fires there. There is no "moving against the spray", because the firing pattern isn't 1-2-3-4 like any other weapon...it's 3-2-4-1, 1-4-2-3, 4-2-1-3, or whatever mood the ****** thing is in to fire as. Trust me, if there was a way to ribbon (I believe that's what they call it) with a Handgun, I would be all over it, and this thread wouldn't exist. But, there's not, and at midrange the best aiming in the world gives about 25-50% chance of a hit (depending on how you're aiming).

Pretty sure this kind of thing is why "pro" players don't like using Shotty; it's slightly easier and more reliable to hit with at any range, but guaranteed critting at range? Very chancy. Not to mention point-blank headshots aren't always one-hit with a Shotty.

I've been using Revolver/PS/ME/SP+ for a fairly long while. Occasionally, I switch my main gun to Gauss for more mid-long range power/accuracy.
It's just...I would like a happy medium for aimed weapons. Revolver sucks for anything more than close-midrange, Gauss is slow and has tiny bullets, bad for anything closer than midrange (though I like to think I do alright with it). Shotty is just spastic, and has low damage per pellet. I think a 0-accuracy Handgun would be quite decent at all ranges.

'course, I would use a +1 gun with clothing focused on some other weapon, anything more would make it overpowered :v
Old 04/03/2011, 20:08   #14

Quote:
....but you're missing the point.

Your argument is perfectly valid, IF you're talking about a weapon that fires in a consistent, predictable pattern; basically any shooting weapon aside from Smash Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun.

Handgun picks a random spot, out of four, and only fires there. There is no "moving against the spray", because the firing pattern isn't 1-2-3-4 like any other weapon...it's 3-2-4-1, 1-4-2-3, 4-2-1-3, or whatever mood the bloody thing is in to fire as. Trust me, if there was a way to ribbon (I believe that's what they call it) with a Handgun, I would be all over it, and this thread wouldn't exist. But, there's not, and at midrange the best aiming in the world gives about 25-50% chance of a hit (depending on how you're aiming).

Pretty sure this kind of thing is why "pro" players don't like using Shotty; it's slightly easier and more reliable to hit with at any range, but guaranteed critting at range? Very chancy. Not to mention point-blank headshots aren't always one-hit with a Shotty.

I've been using Revolver/PS/ME/SP+ for a fairly long while. Occasionally, I switch my main gun to Gauss for more mid-long range power/accuracy.
It's just...I would like a happy medium for aimed weapons. Revolver sucks for anything more than close-midrange, Gauss is slow and has tiny bullets, bad for anything closer than midrange (though I like to think I do alright with it). Shotty is just spastic, and has low damage per pellet. I think a 0-accuracy Handgun would be quite decent at all ranges.

'course, I would use a +1 gun with clothing focused on some other weapon, anything more would make it overpowered :v
Urgh, so much text, but only a few points...
Btw. the pattern repeats about 5 - 7 bullets.
Well... I only can say what I've said to everyone who asked about this - don't get into details, follow your instincts.
Nothing will come with nothing, try PS + HG + HP, dodge like hell, until you got a 9/15 hit rate. Then focus on a HG based set, like HG + Bat + Subs + SP.
Only if you really want to kill somebody.
This is the only effective advise I can provide...
Sounds stupid, but real life isn't different.
Old 04/13/2011, 02:29   #15

Having baked video RAM is awesome. The chewed up polygons in 3d games, the patterning everywhere, the increased heat production and decreased performance from it...ahh, yes.
Ho well. At least I have basic video, s'pose it could be worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfusari View Post
>.>, i snipe with my revolver...
So do I, when the situation allows. But Revolver does pitiful "snipe" damage, is annoying to aim with at long range, and sniping with it is horribly ammo- and time-inefficient.

Quote:
Btw. the pattern repeats about 5 - 7 bullets.
If that were so, then it would be easy to see in my video. But that, and in all my testing, has the bullets going to random locations.

I'm not saying you're lying, or haven't done testing of your own. But I'm simply not getting anywhere near the same results as you are. Maybe I need to reinstall my client, it's entirely possible that due to Alaplaya's general incompetence, I have unpatched files laying around. *shrugs*

Quote:
Then focus on a HG based set, like HG + Bat + Subs + SP.
Bat and a knockback weapon? That sounds...a bit redundant.
That said, I've been thinking of switching to Bat. PS is a nice, all-purpose, decently balanced melee weapon, but there's something about homerunning someone that's so satisfying, no? :v