Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

FAYOX - Open Discussion (Gameplay/Ideas)

Discussion on FAYOX - Open Discussion (Gameplay/Ideas) within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 12/17/2015, 01:29   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
How about this, since you will have to kill some mobs regardless of how you get around the situation, I limit the mobs you are allowed to kill /day /hour or whatever. Then having a low or a mid drop rate for the mobs and once you reach the limit you are no longer allowed to the griding area! Just a passing thought haha ^^

Another thing would be editing the mob stats in a way that botting would be impossible at least the afk botters won't last for minutes there, some mob skills/stats could be added to prevent it you know.
That would be dumb in my opinion.

Restricting the players from leveling up? So basically, if I have a free day and want to spend it playing the game, I'm forbidden because I can't grind?

You guys need to realise that grinding is just as much as part of the game as everything else...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/18/2015, 23:20   #17

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeshiVongola View Post
That would be dumb in my opinion.

Restricting the players from leveling up? So basically, if I have a free day and want to spend it playing the game, I'm forbidden because I can't grind?

You guys need to realise that grinding is just as much as part of the game as everything else...
Take it easy, this is the point of the discussion! Problem with grinding is botting, the concept for grinding is pretty much ruined by bots so that's why most people don't want to rely mainly on it!
Old 12/20/2015, 12:33   #18

On JSRO there is an exp buff depending on how long you are not logged into the game. Thus you don't have to "grind" 24/7 if you use your time effectively. This could be added as _TimedJob if you use the last login time and put a procedure with a "login" condition into the DB. Also it could be any buff...

Also if you know how to add custom dungeons you could easily add "key-levels" with an infinite like exp amount. This will prevent using normal mobs to lvup, even if you get exp. Simply add a quest dropping enough exp. I guess there is also a function to get the "last exp" out of you char with "lua" to calculate the required exp left for the next level. Put this to every 10th lv and you won't be able to grind only. You can also delete drops out of normal mobs to prevent grinding, if you delete the "normal drop system". Then add dropgroups of certain items like specific alchemy stones to certain mob ID's only etc.

There was also a server that made a special room for bot and farming to prevent overall botting on the map. It is totally useless to prevent ppl from using bots and farmers, because 95% of that guys are simply lazy...

It will require some more work to get a system like that running and much more work to keep it online, since everybody is exploiting other projects during free time. And it is much more effective to run a server for a short time only to relaunch it later for a couple of times...
Old 12/20/2015, 13:37   #19

I am not afraid about how someone is going to exploit stuff, I probably exploit my stuff cuz you know I have been training about hacking my own codes for a year so it should be okay, everything is logged so even if something happened I'd notice it asap.

The problem here is just as @TakeshiVongola said it would be unfair and kinda annoying to limit the plvl process by limit the grinding limit, for example if you can kill 2,000 mobs per day and that's it, you are no longer allowed to kill normal mobs, only uniques for example, you might want to do more. It's like taking your free will away which I don't know if is okay or not! The process could be mapped but it will turn into a boring routine if we limited stuff! So that's kinda weird.
Old 12/20/2015, 16:57   #20

Quote:
I am not afraid about how someone is going to exploit stuff, I probably exploit my stuff cuz you know I have been training about hacking my own codes for a year so it should be okay, everything is logged so even if something happened I'd notice it asap.

The problem here is just as @TakeshiVongola said it would be unfair and kinda annoying to limit the plvl process by limit the grinding limit, for example if you can kill 2,000 mobs per day and that's it, you are no longer allowed to kill normal mobs, only uniques for example, you might want to do more. It's like taking your free will away which I don't know if is okay or not! The process could be mapped but it will turn into a boring routine if we limited stuff! So that's kinda weird.
That's what I meant! I was calm, sometimes I'm just energetic about Silkroad Stuff. I love to discuss this type of stuff since i'm taking a Masters Degree in Computer Science Engineering and I have a especialization in Games Design, so It's actually really fun to have someone to discuss this with.

As I've said, you should never, never, limit players that want to play. They are free to do so. Imposing a kill limit per day would only make them run away from said game.
Old 12/20/2015, 18:55   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeshiVongola View Post
That's what I meant! I was calm, sometimes I'm just energetic about Silkroad Stuff. I love to discuss this type of stuff since i'm taking a Masters Degree in Computer Science Engineering and I have a especialization in Games Design, so It's actually really fun to have someone to discuss this with.

As I've said, you should never, never, limit players that want to play. They are free to do so. Imposing a kill limit per day would only make them run away from said game.
So do you have something in mind to make grinding fun? You can limit afk botting by making grinding as less useful as possible but that also suck! Grinding should be useful but not bottable not the way it is since years now.
Old 12/21/2015, 13:13   #22

Received Thanks: 1,371
Quote:
What annoys you?
The community members aka the Players.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/26/2015, 15:57   #23

Okay guys, I have a question regarding job rates:rewards -> Would it be fair to select the rate based on the ratio between the 3 guilds? Like, normally, job rewards should be balanced automatically according to who's in need the most. Like to force the community to automatically balance the number of members in each job guild. Tell me what you think please.
Old 05/23/2016, 20:56   #24

It's been a long time since I posted something, hoping people actually still check this kind of discussions ^^
However, tell me what do you think about the upgrading progression idea? Basically you start from somewhere and keep progressing till you reach a final state.

So here you probably start from a tier(thnx kurwa) 3 item(s) because as you see you'll be using normal materials you get from dismantling/disjointing items/materials to actually get better elements for your target tablet that gives you the needed item for upgrading from a phase to another. Probably will be used for SoX progression only for now.

Tl;dr version: You get items, dismantle them, obtain elements, use them on tablets, you get better elements, apply them on better tablet, you get a sos.

Ways of obtaining these are still going to be discussed hopefully after we reach some useful information out of this discussion. Try to mention the ups/downs/first thoughts/improvements suggestions. How do you think players would react to such progression, I heard most people became so lazy, would this be too much to understand?
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2016, 20:58   #25

@ tier*
Old 05/23/2016, 21:05   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedeahuba View Post
@ tier*
@*
Old 05/25/2016, 16:35   #27

elite*gold: 2700
Received Thanks: 1,894
Don't think is rly needed but nice to see new features.
Old 05/25/2016, 18:30   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzÿ View Post
Don't think is rly needed but nice to see new features.
What do you think is unneeded exactly?
Old 05/25/2016, 19:17   #29

elite*gold: 2700
Received Thanks: 1,894
Quote:
What do you think is unneeded exactly?

^^ but its just my opinion you guys making servers adding new features... whats the fun of that that makes the game not even sro -.- just make little changed and make the server stable thats all u need -.-
Old 05/25/2016, 19:21   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzÿ View Post

^^ but its just my opinion you guys making servers adding new features... whats the fun of that that makes the game not even sro -.- just make little changed and make the server stable thats all u need -.-
If that's really true then you would just end up with a straight botting server since sro was mainly based on grinding, even quests are just grinding (mostly). That really wouldn't work these days, people don't join a pserv to bot (hopefully).
Thanks
1 User