Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why is everyone hiring hyperfilter for the protection?

Discussion on Why is everyone hiring hyperfilter for the protection? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Why is everyone hiring hyperfilter for the protection?

Hi,

I'm really curious about this since i've seen so many posts about "Hyperfilter".

Most of the people posting this seems to have a lack of knowledge when it comes to routing the traffic and setting up a proper protection. Posts like "setup server go hyperfilter" "Hyperfilter is best protection" etc. I'm curious and i want someone using Hyperfilter for their server to answer my question - Why do you pay 500 dollar per month when you can just hire a host with a large bandwitch and making it act as the public server? You could easily setup the gameserver and let the protection server to act as the public one with a domain controller and bind them together with an internal ip. Ofcourse it requires some network skills but i assume that most of the people setting up servers actually has this. Or am i wrong about it? Well give me the pros and cons of using that service instead of setting up 2 serverhosts and configure the network settings.

Kindly Regards

FoxRayz
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/11/2013, 13:52   #2

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Sounds like there'll be advertisement for ddosshield in next post but, here we go..
Maybe because hyperfilter is the best protection? Maybe because intel and dell are sponsers for this company? Maybe because there's most like 20~100 K machines are protected with hyperfilter?!

About your words, yeah, they're totally right.. Did you know if I had botnet with 2gb connection, you have a dedi with 1.99 gb connection (as for an example), I can take it down too? that 0.01 will affect the dedicated for some seconds but it will get the job done too.

My opinion is totally changing the idea of ddos protection and go search for powerful firewall (I mean IP blocker firewall)..
Old 10/11/2013, 15:03   #3

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
I think it's because it is the most popular type of DDoS Protection, most people are lazy and won't bother to search for other protection.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/11/2013, 15:12   #4

Most,well 99% of people who are talking about Hyperfilter either working for them or gaining a direct or indirect benefit out of them.
While the other 1% are just showing-off that they're using that "Expensive" service.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2013, 15:40   #5

elite*gold: 19
It's all wrong....

The thing is.. hyperfilter isnt all that good as people say. They suck and they rip off people. Its just the same person that answers the tickets, Hello Mr Dalton Jones.

However, hyperfilter gets the job done. It keeps you online, which is what a ddos protection is suppose to do. I've used a variety of different ones and heard from others about different protections, however somehow it's all even bigger bullshit.

About your question that people that setup sro servers have networking knowledge. It seems like they don't know it, partially including myself. Without a few hours of googling I probably wouldn't be able to set it up as you said.

Just go to the advertisment area, you will see how stupid most of em are. Feel free to ask them what a Domain Controller is xD
Thanks
4 Users
Old 10/11/2013, 17:14   #6

Received Thanks: 2,010
They're the only ones that actually have decent bandwidth carriers and peering (especially with their newest network).

The suggestion you give is quite useless, as the silkroad networking is very complex (sharded over modules), though I doubt there are people that actually played around with the silkroad modules on this level. Having a very powerful machine behind hyperfilter gets the job done, with very low latency, and the cost is quite acceptable. They also offer custom packet filtering (though I don't need this, as we patched all exploits on server level), but it's very handy as you're going to pay more than the hyperfilter fee to get decent network equipment capable of filtering packets on this scale.

Also, I do not think I fully understand what you mean with "You could easily setup the gameserver and let the protection server to act as the public one with a domain controller and bind them together with an internal ip. " How would this work, and how would this protect your server? I suggest you actually try setting something up like this, you'll notice how poorly the silkroad files react to any changes on network level
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/12/2013, 08:17   #7

elite*gold: 220
Just try to do what you suggested up there you will get the result yourself.
About Hyperfilter as a company they are getting their part of the job done + some extra work.
I have been with them into a lot of issues and most of these issues they prove that they are welling to work and they got enough knowledge to make a client stuck with them.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/12/2013, 19:30   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
Sounds like there'll be advertisement for ddosshield in next post but, here we go..
Maybe because hyperfilter is the best protection? Maybe because intel and dell are sponsers for this company? Maybe because there's most like 20~100 K machines are protected with hyperfilter?!

About your words, yeah, they're totally right.. Did you know if I had botnet with 2gb connection, you have a dedi with 1.99 gb connection (as for an example), I can take it down too? that 0.01 will affect the dedicated for some seconds but it will get the job done too.

My opinion is totally changing the idea of ddos protection and go search for powerful firewall (I mean IP blocker firewall)..
First off you should not have 1 machine with that bandwitch, i could easily null that ip and ban it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
They're the only ones that actually have decent bandwidth carriers and peering (especially with their newest network).

The suggestion you give is quite useless, as the silkroad networking is very complex (sharded over modules), though I doubt there are people that actually played around with the silkroad modules on this level. Having a very powerful machine behind hyperfilter gets the job done, with very low latency, and the cost is quite acceptable. They also offer custom packet filtering (though I don't need this, as we patched all exploits on server level), but it's very handy as you're going to pay more than the hyperfilter fee to get decent network equipment capable of filtering packets on this scale.

Also, I do not think I fully understand what you mean with "You could easily setup the gameserver and let the protection server to act as the public one with a domain controller and bind them together with an internal ip. " How would this work, and how would this protect your server? I suggest you actually try setting something up like this, you'll notice how poorly the silkroad files react to any changes on network level
I don't know how experienced you actually are when it comes to networking but from your post it seems that you're not that familiar at all with it since you thought that my solution is worthless. Actually this is how ThePirateBay works for example. I'm working with server infrastructure and a hosting company. I have the resources and the knowledge to get the job done and i'm pretty sure i would have it even if i didn't work with it. The files would not react bad at all if you know how the network layer (OSI) actually work.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/12/2013, 19:39   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRayz View Post
First off you should not have 1 machine with that bandwitch, i could easily null that ip and ban it.

I don't know how experienced you actually are when it comes to networking but from your post it seems that you're not that familiar at all with it since you thought that my solution is worthless. Actually this is how ThePirateBay works for example. I'm working with server infrastructure and a hosting company. I have the resources and the knowledge to get the job done and i'm pretty sure i would have it even if i didn't work with it. The files would not react bad at all if you know how the network layer (OSI) actually work.
Yep well, that's how you get people to not like you:

1) I don't understand what you're trying to say, and instead of explaining you tell me I'm a complete noob

2) Nobody here really cares about your job at a hosting company, everybody knows that working at a hosting company is really easy, and a low-tier job (unless you're the ceo )

3) I'm Venture's system administrator, probably the only server that has 100% uptime (not counting in scheduled downtime), tell me again that I don't know what I'm doing

4) You obviously haven't tried messing around with the silkroad files at network level, nor do I think you'd even know how to, so feel free to accept the advice from people that actually know what they're talking about, and people that actually tried it

5) Try to use formal English while explaining your "suggestion", I was unable to understand what you meant, not because of my inability to understand the jargon, but because of your poor English skills

Conclusion: If you are such an expert, why don't you just do it instead of complaining about it on ePvP?
Old 10/12/2013, 19:53   #10

Quote:

1) I don't understand what you're trying to say, and instead of explaining you tell me I'm a complete noob

2) Nobody here really cares about your job at a hosting company, everybody knows that working at a hosting company is really easy, and a low-tier job (unless you're the ceo )

3) I'm Venture's system administrator, probably the only server that has 100% uptime (not counting in scheduled downtime), tell me again that I don't know what I'm doing

4) You obviously haven't tried messing around with the silkroad files at network level, nor do I think you'd even know how to, so feel free to accept the advice from people that actually know what they're talking about, and people that actually tried it

5) Try to use formal English while explaining your "suggestion", I was unable to understand what you meant, not because of my inability to understand the jargon, but because of your poor English skills

Conclusion: If you are such an expert, why don't you just do it instead of complaining about it on ePvP?

1. You did not understand and instead of asking me nice and politely you thought you knew everything and started to "humiliate" me.

2. Working at a hosting company is a low tier job but it's better than nothing Mr.Unemployed, and at my young age with only 12 years of education it's a huge step to go from the school to have both certificates in Windows 2012 and Vmware virtualization.

3. There's never a server with 100% uptime.

4. There's no one who has actually made an honest try.

5. Discussing grammar is a must from your side. I'm not from USA or Great Britain but my english is far more better than the average community. It's not that weird your always ending up in discussions when you pretty much doesn't understand what people writes in here

As i wrote i was wondering if anyone could answer my questions what the pros and cons would be with this solution. I'm not complaining at all. <-- Could you understand this? Or should i explain those sentences in your language? que?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/12/2013, 20:20   #11

Quote:

I though I'm the only one whose English skills are ****** up.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/12/2013, 20:34   #12

Quote:
1. You did not understand and instead of asking me nice and politely you thought you knew everything and started to "humiliate" me.

2. Working at a hosting company is a low tier job but it's better than nothing Mr.Unemployed, and at my young age with only 12 years of education it's a huge step to go from the school to have both certificates in Windows 2012 and Vmware virtualization.

5. Discussing grammar is a must from your side. I'm not from USA or Great Britain but my english is far more better than the average community. It's not that weird your always ending up in discussions when you pretty much doesn't understand what people writes in here

As i wrote i was wondering if anyone could answer my questions what the pros and cons would be with this solution. I'm not complaining at all. <-- Could you understand this? Or should i explain those sentences in your language? que?
English is my third language, do you honestly believe your English is flawless?

"It's not that weird your always ending up in discussions when you pretty much doesn't understand what people writes in here "

I see at least 3 mistakes in this sentence, I'm not trying to humiliate you, but if you honestly think the problem is at my side, I have no problems communicating with native speakers, while you make mistakes while using the most basic tenses, I can see how this will lead to confusion

Also, I doubt you know anything about my professional life, but I'm not really jealous of your windows certification or your experience with vmware

I wonder why all of your posts result in pretty useless arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
I though I'm the only one whose English skills are fucked up.
At least you're not complaining about my English skills
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/12/2013, 21:03   #13

Received Thanks: 1,517
Quote:
Microsoft certificates really don't mean much. They only prove you can study from books and have a decent memory.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/12/2013, 21:17   #14

Quote:
English is my third language, do you honestly believe your English is flawless?

"It's not that weird your always ending up in discussions when you pretty much doesn't understand what people writes in here "

I see at least 3 mistakes in this sentence, I'm not trying to humiliate you, but if you honestly think the problem is at my side, I have no problems communicating with native speakers, while you make mistakes while using the most basic tenses, I can see how this will lead to confusion

Also, I doubt you know anything about my professional life, but I'm not really jealous of your windows certification or your experience with vmware

I wonder why all of your posts result in pretty useless arguments

At least you're not complaining about my English skills
Quote:

+1 all post i see from nezekan is flame and pointless
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/12/2013, 21:19   #15

Said the guy with big eyebrows . edit: I'm not mocking you, it's random statement. don't get it wrong :3
Quote:
Where are you haze? you were good at mocking this point.
Closed Thread