Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

PK2 Tools Very Helpful !

Discussion on PK2 Tools Very Helpful ! within the SRO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
PK2 Tools Very Helpful !

PK2 Extractor

This is a PK2 file extractor. It allows you to open up the PK2s and extract the files. Unlike the existing PK2 Extractor, this one has a few extra features. There are two modes: Explore mode and Search mode.

Explore mode allows you to navigate through the PK2 structure and selectively extract folders or files. A simple tree view control is used so when you click on entries you can see details on the file name, file path, and file size.

Search mode allows you to perform searches on the PK2 entries to find the files you wish to extract. You can search by a string found in the path or title of an entry, the file size, and entry type (file or folder). In addition to being able to just search, you can Filter results. This means you can search for all ".ddj" files of a size less than 1kb that have the phrase "skill" in them for example.

PK2 Editor

This is a fully functional PK2 Editor. With this tool, you can import in modified PK2 files as well as import your own new files into the PK2 archive. The files you import can be larger or smaller than the original, the functions used will take care of everything. However, it is important to remember that the PK2s expect files in certain formats, so trying to import a dds in place of a ddj will result in a Silkroad crash.

The main functionally implemented for the PK2 editor is: automatic single file import, automatic multiple file import, and single file manual import. The automatic imports work by searching the PK2 for the file you are importing, if only one entry exists, it can update that entry. If more than one entry exists, it will fail and you will have to use the manual import.
-

Download

URL: (Removed)
Scan: (Removed)
Source Code: (Removed)
If you just want to look at the main tutorial: (Removed)
Conclusion:

Included in the package are a few ReadMe's, so please take a look at those before getting too involved in using the tools. I tested them pretty well, but there may be bugs, so please report any errors and keep an eye out on the Status Log.

Addendum:
* Please BACKUP all your PK2 files before using the tools.
* Watch the Status Log for any errors.
* You cannot use both programs at the same time due to read / write conflicts.
* "New Search" will perform a new search and erase any previous searches.
* "Filter Results" will continue a search and uses the previous search results.
* "Extract" will extract the selected item in the current mode.
* "Extract All" will extract all listed items in the current mode.
* To search for file types, simply use ".ext" as the search string for Title only. (".ddj", ".ogg", etc...)
* You do not have to use "Select File" or "Select Folder", you can just paste in the path to the file.
* Read the document on how to perform a Manual Single File Import before you try it!

How to use with SRF Guides

With the numerous guides on SRF, you can make the most use of these tools right away. What you'll do is for each guide:
- Extract the required files as stated in the guide
- Modify the files themselves, not the pk2 directly
- Use the modifier to import your modified files back into the PK2

* Please note my caution on file formats, if you want to edit something like the files in server_dep, do not resave the file in Excel, use a Hex Editor instead. Otherwise you will lose a lot of data and your game will crash. I have tested modifying those files and many more with out any issues.

* If you modify sound or texture files, you must keep the same format as well. If you get any Silkroad errors, you can count on a file being imported that is not in the right format.

If there are any avid PK2 editors here I'd love to hear your experience from you on using these tools. If you have any tips on making things easier to use or any other feedback, it'd be valuable for the future. Enjoy!

i did not steal this jus passin on the knowledge thnx

all credit gos to Drew Benton ^^

PLEASE PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED
Thanks
6 Users
Old 06/16/2009, 21:32   #2

pin pliz
Old 06/16/2009, 21:39   #3

It would be nice if you gave credit to Drew Benton for his work on this since this is his PK2 Editor. It's was released in 2007.
Old 06/16/2009, 21:59   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Chernobyl View Post
It would be nice if you gave credit to Drew Benton for his work on this since this is his PK2 Editor. It's was released in 2007.
Done And Dusted

[Edit]

Is This Not Worth A Thanks ???
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/18/2009, 14:19   #5

its vitus my nortan show me its virus
Old 06/20/2009, 18:56   #6

İts not a virus !!!!!
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/20/2009, 22:14   #7

tnx man.. i will try it
Old 06/23/2009, 00:19   #8

I can change Ip ?
Old 06/25/2009, 06:36   #9

Can someone plz upload PK2 Tools by Drew Benton to megaupload? My limit on Rapidshare has come to an end.
Old 10/23/2009, 13:57   #10

******* idiot sry but 23 viruses in pk2 editor?u fuckshit
Old 10/23/2009, 14:07   #11

elite*gold: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaltDeineFresse! View Post
******* idiot sry but 23 viruses in pk2 editor?u fuckshit
bumping a old thread ftw?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/23/2009, 18:36   #12