Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question]Limiting packets in a certain place

Discussion on [Question]Limiting packets in a certain place within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question]Limiting packets in a certain place

As i said i want to prevent some packets from a certain region
for example:
i wanna prevent players using return scroll from a region .. i knew that is using a packet filter ( as i understood ) but i don't have a source for a packet filter or even know how it works.

thanks in advance
Old 09/28/2015, 04:08   #2

There are multiple sources for packet filters lying around in the forum. You need to take a good look at them.
The concept is pretty straight forward: you'll monitor the player's movements through packets and save the regionID in a variable, then you need to find and parse the packet that is concerned with using inventory items and get to know the return scroll type. Intercept that packet and put a conditional IF statement as the following pseudo code:

if packet opcode == inventory using item
{
if parsed type == return scroll usage
{
if this client's regionID == prohibited regionID
//do whatever you want, either ignore the packet or send an error msg
}
}
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/28/2015, 06:28   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicanoo View Post
There are multiple sources for packet filters lying around in the forum. You need to take a good look at them.
The concept is pretty straight forward: you'll monitor the player's movements through packets and save the regionID in a variable, then you need to find and parse the packet that is concerned with using inventory items and get to know the return scroll type. Intercept that packet and put a conditional IF statement as the following pseudo code:

if packet opcode == inventory using item
{
if parsed type == return scroll usage
{
if this client's regionID == prohibited regionID
//do whatever you want, either ignore the packet or send an error msg
}
}
thanks that's so useful .. but if you don't mind lead me with a link or something to a good & trusted filter as i searched for it but no thing.
Old 09/28/2015, 06:57   #4

Check the releases section. I never used any of the released ones, so I can't really tell.
Old 09/28/2015, 12:15   #5

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardil View Post
thanks that's so useful .. but if you don't mind lead me with a link or something to a good & trusted filter as i searched for it but no thing.
None of them are good!
Old 09/28/2015, 12:53   #6
dotCom

elite*gold: 12400
The Black Market: 104/0/0
Received Thanks: 4,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
None of them are good!
The newest Superman is good
Old 09/28/2015, 13:11   #7

elite*gold: 71
Received Thanks: 1,099
You'll have to go through a lot of shiz to get a one working well, If u want to ignore the packets if X packet was sent, just use "continue;"
Old 09/28/2015, 14:14   #8

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsome View Post
The newest Superman is good

It's not open src so he won't be able to do whatever he likes tho.
Old 09/29/2015, 03:26   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper* View Post
You'll have to go through a lot of shiz to get a one working well, If u want to ignore the packets if X packet was sent, just use "continue;"
I don't wanna use one of them , i just wanna know the way it works and i gonna make my own .. i've a knowledge in c# but not for sro .. anyway, so you mean that continue; will prevent the packet i select that's right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
It's not open src so he won't be able to do whatever he likes tho.
Yes it's not .. but i've just decompiled it so easily o.O i don't know if nobody could but i just did
Old 09/29/2015, 09:50   #10
dotCom

elite*gold: 12400
The Black Market: 104/0/0
Received Thanks: 4,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardil View Post
I don't wanna use one of them , i just wanna know the way it works and i gonna make my own .. i've a knowledge in c# but not for sro .. anyway, so you mean that continue; will prevent the packet i select that's right?

Yes it's not .. but i've just decompiled it so easily o.O i don't know if nobody could but i just did
I released a old source, but okay.
Then do it on your own