Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Not sure if im stupid but pls HELP ME!

Discussion on Not sure if im stupid but pls HELP ME! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Not sure if im stupid but pls HELP ME!

hey,

iv'e been working on my own server but i always stuck in 1 spot and things like that so could someone make video of this tutorial :

THX.
Old 12/27/2012, 20:54   #2

No, no one can't. If you can't do something specific, ask here, someone will help you. If you can't even follow the steps and you want A VIDEO on how to do it, you should not be allowed to open a server.
Don't flame me and tell me that I wasn't helpful, because I, and everyone that does not help guys like this to configure their servers, are helping the SRO community. We're all tired of seeing servers that are not maintained and/or are owned/managed by someone who has no idea what he's doing.
Old 12/27/2012, 20:59   #3

thats true, but this spot is the spot i dont get cause i think iv'e done everything right and still wtf..

After you are done with ODBC, you must configure your custom certification server to work with your database server. Just run 1 - Decompile file in it's folder,
it will decompile current packt.dat file, and save .ini files at "ini" folder. Open it, and you will see few files, which you have to replace with those
which you downloaded in another archive (from LegendaryDev). After you are done, open your "srGlobalService.ini", and configure it to work with your database
server. Don't forget, by default, mssql 2005 and 2008 does not bind on port 1433, they uses ODBC. So, you shouldn't put ",1433" after your server hostname (which
should look like "PC_NAME\SQLEXPRESS", or just "PC_NAME". Do same for "srShard.ini" file (also, you can edit some shard configuration there, like capacity).
Do not make server capacity more than 1000 for now (i will tell why a bit later). Then you will have to change the ip addresses for binding certification server. For
this, open srNoteType.ini, and change "wip" to your WAN ip, and "nip" to your local ip. After you are done with your common certification configs, run "2 - Compile.bat" file in order
to make a new "packt.dat" file (new one will be named "new_packt.dat"). After you are done with it, start third batch file ("3 - CustomCertificationServer.bat")

Now, if the certification window starts, and shows a message, that says server successfully bound on port 32000 (or any other, if you modifyed it), you are ready to begin configuring
server.cfg in your main server files folder. If it doesent, you should be done something wrong (it should be IP in 99% of cases).

Well, if you suceeded, open your server.cfg file in the main server files folder, and change all "Certification" ip addresses to your one. Take a look at SR_ShardManager and SR_GameServer configuration.
As you can see, there is a billing url at shard settings, which you will have to set up by installing a IIS server, and creating a website instance on some unused port running. Files you should put on your IIS website
are in the beginning of post (billing asp scripts). Also, don't forget to enable asp support in your IIS server, otwertise, it will not work (will give IIS core error, and wont work propertly).
You have to edit DBConnect.asp file with your MSSQL server security information. Don't forget to edit your billing server url in your server.cfg (it should be like "http://silkroad.net:1337/").
Old 12/27/2012, 21:09   #4

I would suggest u this one.,atleast with screenshot.