Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server > Private Server Advertising
You last visited: Today at 05:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Titans-Server UCGO looking for talented coders

Discussion on Titans-Server UCGO looking for talented coders within the Private Server Advertising forum part of the Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Titans-Server UCGO looking for talented coders

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, I haven't been to this website in a long time and I forgot my original ePVP forum username, please excuse the first-timer post.

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am second in command of the Titans-Server "Universal Century Gundam Online, UCGO" Project lead under the alias "Blah11" you may know me as Troopermaniac on some other forums.

You probably are wondering at this point "What is Universal Century Gundam Online?" UCGO is a dead Gundam MMORPG developed by DIMPS several years ago, it was canceled due to the lingering problems the game has like, lots of cpu usage, and poorly optimized 3d, etc. We plan to resurrect this game and fix these problems. UCGO was not a good game by far but it still was incredibly fun, for those whom ever played the original server would know that, no one wanted this game to be canceled. Consider this a chance to become a part of a team that will attract a large community of people who once played this amazing game and become respected for once again restoring the glory that has almost an occultist type of fan base that is UCGO. "That's how bad some of these people want us to make this server".

It has come to my attention that me and my partner "Dante, "TS" Project lead" is in need of some coding help due to the overburdening task of trying to make an entire server just by ourselves "Personally me, i'm not much of a programmer. I'm more of a 3d artist and thats my main role in this project".
We are looking for talented individuals who know how to reverse engineer unknown file types and/or packet logs "We have tools to un-encrypt them" we can also teach you how to read and reverse them if you are interested enough.

As of right now the server development is on hold due to the fact that we need a certain 3d file format reverse engineered, "We do not know how to fully reverse engineer this file type I speak of, although we have immense amount of documentation on it that can help" That's where you will come in, we need that individual to finish where we left off. Of course this will come with some merit, it will be a non-paid job but we will grant you the status of Titans-Developer and will be cited as so on our website which is a most generous offer for someone who is interested in UCGO and the Gundam universe.

Were not just trying to make a server for a dead game, were trying to attract a community of people who love Gundam games and to make it a social experience, dedication is a must if you wish to be a part of our cause because if we fail, there will be allot of people who will be disappointed.

As a developer for our server and tools you must posses some of these required skills, "You don't need them all to be considered"
The ability to speak, write, and code in English.
The ability to reverse engineer 3d file types and/or other file types.
A portfolio of some kind "So we can identify who you are and find out your strengths and weaknesses".
Must have Skype for communication. We operate on the -5 EST timezone.

Let us know why we should pick you, we have already had the problem of some stolen source code "we aren't going to let that happen again".

We are also looking for 3d Animators and UV/Texture artists, although at this time they will not be considered, they will be once the 3d and animation file type is reverse engineered.

Here is a link to our website, its a temporary one due to the fact that we are working behind the scenes at the moment so outsider information is limited.

Also a bit of information worth citing is that we do indeed have a "stable-ish" server already made, we are considering the possibility of remaking it though because of the fact that my partner "who made it" is allot more confidant in his ability to code.

Here are some game play videos on youtube.