Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Off Topic
You last visited: Today at 05:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

European Championship 2012

Discussion on European Championship 2012 within the Off Topic forum part of the Off-Topics category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
European Championship 2012

This thread's purpose is the discussion about matches in the European Championship 2012.

So if anyone has an opinion about the tournament or a match in particular, share it here

Don't forget to press Thanks if you like this thread

So how about that first match?

Poland - Greece: 1 - 1

My opinion:
The ref sucked ass in that match Poland was a lot better in the first half of the game, but after half-time Greece really started to press and got a goal in. Then they got a penalty (and it was correct imo) and Szczęsny got expended from the match with a direct red card. But replacing him was Tyton the goalkeeper from PSV Eindhoven (Eredivisie Holland) and he kept the ball out of the goal and saved the match for Poland.

Second match of the day:

Russia - Czech Republic: 4 - 1

My opinion:
Russia leaves a very good impression in this match. They seem to be fit and ready to become first in their group. With the oldest team in European Championship they really prove that experience is very important in a soccer team. The Czech Republic didn't seem to have any chance of winning the match and don't look like they make a chance of getting to the next round.

Third match of the tournament:

Netherlands - Denmark: 0 - 1

My opinion:
Netherlands was definetly the better team in this match! They got into the 16 many times and had a lot of chances, but they didn't manage to put many between the posts. Arjen Robben (Bayern Münich, Budesliga Germany) hit the post with a very nice shot. They had a few other chances but never any real danger for Denmark. At the end of the match the referee refused to give a penalty kick for hands in the 16 by one of Denmarks players. This could have been a chance for the Netherlands to score the equalizer, but they didn't get it.
Conclusion: A slightly lucky game for Denmark, the Netherlands should work on their goal making skills.

Next match:

Germany - Portugal: 1 - 0

My Opinion:
Germany and Portugal played about equally good until 15 minutes before full time. In the first half Pepe took a very hard shot from quite a distance, which hit the bar and then bounced off the goal line back into the field, so : not a goal. In the second half Mario Gomez was about to be changed with Miloslav Klose, but they had to wait for the ball to go out of play, when suddenly he makes the 1 - 0 with a beautiful header! He really hit the ball in a nice angle and made a crucial goal for his team. After the goal for Germany, Portugal started to play real soccer and got close to an equalizer a couple of times. Imo Portugal certainly deserved one point from this match.

The 1st match on sunday:

Spain - Italy: 1 - 1

My opinion:
Spain didn't really show their best side. Their assembly of the team was in the style of FC Barcelona, but without a target forward this wasn't the best system. Italy give a better impression in this match, and should have won imo. They brought more danger of scoring in the entire match, and more excitement to win.

Second match on sunday:

Republic of Ireland - Croatia: 1 - 3

My opinion:
Croatia showed that they are ready for the tournament. They played beautiful football and showed that they definitely have a chance of getting into the next round. Ireland on the other hand played rather slow and wild (typical British) football. A lot of fouls on their part and players that seemed unable to finish an entire match. Croatia had some very nice chances and made the most of it. The win was certainly what they went for, and they got it.

ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED TO UEFA:

for more and maybe better videos check their site