Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 01:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Did I have a virus?

Discussion on Did I have a virus? within the Main forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
THE STORY

Well, I downloaded some hacks for a game...and my computer went nuts! Here is a description of what happened-

?When I tried to type in the address of a website it would not type anything.
?When I pressed the backspace when trying to type, it made a vertical rectangle symbol.
?When I clicked on an icon and then tried to get it to click off, it would not. This would lead to multiple icon clicking because it was like it was holding the ctrl button down.
?When I tried to do system restore it would get to the second page and then buttons, links and other stuff would not work.

There was more stuff too but the things listed above were the main problems.
So, I tried many solutions. First I scanned all my drives with Norton AntiVirus and it found and fixed 2 viruses but the computer was still messing up. The next thing I did was restart my computer and this did not help. I then removed unused programs and still no success. Next I tried to defrag my main drive and it only got to 28% before it came up with an error about RUNDLL. So there was still a problem and I couldn't get online to figure out RUNDLL so I defragmented my other drive. My computer was still corrupt...SO I got furious and hit my computer...then I turned it off and walked away for a little while. When I got back and I turned it on, the monitor did not show anything and it had a yellow light instead of green. Then I heard the familiar beeping that I have heard plenty of times. The beeping was because my video card had come out. Oh I forgot something...I threw my keyboard...got a little angry at it and it is pretty crappy anyways. So, I pushed my vid card in and I unhooked everything and cleaned up all the wires, the wires were all intertwined. I plugged in a different keyboard and I turned on my pc and I waited....I logged in....VIOLA it works like a charm again! I'm still not sure what solved the problem. It was a nightmare. Took me a day and a half to fix it...haven't been on EPVP forums because of the problem.
Old 09/12/2006, 09:55   #2

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
lol crazy :f
Old 09/12/2006, 11:37   #3

I guess it simply ****** up your lowdrivers for the hardware, and by replacing it again it overwrite them with the usual XP drivers. That was my first guess though when I read it, although its good that you have fixxed it by yourself.
Old 09/12/2006, 14:14   #4

Yeah? It sort of made it seem like I was using an old Windows version or something. The only way I could delete text is by highlighting and pressing the delete button since the backspace didn't work...
Old 09/14/2006, 21:55   #5

Nice story

I'm sure this happened to you as you were planning to have a long PC week end, or that you had an important appointment with your girlfriend-

**** always happens in the bad situations, it's like this for everything in life.

Happy to hear that you could fix it by yourself and that you're back in business
Closed Thread