Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 10:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Unable to edit Mabinogi dll with OllyDbg

Discussion on Unable to edit Mabinogi dll with OllyDbg within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Unable to edit Mabinogi dll with OllyDbg

When I open any .dll related to Mabinogi, I can't edit it and I get this error (LOADDLL terminated, exit code C0000409). I can see some addresses but they are not the good ones. This happens when I try to edit Standard.dll, Skill.dll, Pleione.dll, Oasis.dll but editing other files not related to Mabinogi works fine.

Anyone having the same problem?
Old 05/05/2010, 13:15   #2

elite*gold: 240
1st off... why would someone help someone who is always trying to phish accounts?
and 2nd..... it's an error with olly
Old 05/05/2010, 13:33   #3

Sadly, This happens to me aswell.
Old 05/05/2010, 19:49   #4

ROFL...................... Ok, I won't troll this time.... (Surprise right?)

But Olly needs to pull other parts of other files for that dll. So if you were to open skill.dll in olly, it would give you that error if you don't have standard, plei (etc) dll files in that folder. In other words just open the file in the original folder. (C/Nexon/mabi) =p
Old 05/05/2010, 19:53   #5

elite*gold: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir2037 View Post
ROFL...................... Ok, I won't troll this time.... (Surprise right?)

But Olly needs to pull other parts of other files for that dll. So if you were to open skill.dll in olly, it would give you that error if you don't have standard, plei (etc) dll files in that folder. In other words just open the file in the original folder. (C/Nexon/mabi) =p
this is where you are WRONG... when opening files in ollydbg that are dlls or even sometimes exe's this error occurs not because there is an error in the file or where the file is located... it's in ollydbg's loaddll.exe... which means you will get errors from it from time to time... just get over it... now the addresses it loads are kernel addresses and if you were to push alt+e you could see which files loaded right and which didn't
Old 05/05/2010, 21:23   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbstewa View Post
this is where you are WRONG... when opening files in ollydbg that are dlls or even sometimes exe's this error occurs not because there is an error in the file or where the file is located... it's in ollydbg's loaddll.exe... which means you will get errors from it from time to time... just get over it... now the addresses it loads are kernel addresses and if you were to push alt+e you could see which files loaded right and which didn't
hmmm, Thanks Tb, I'll look more into it
Old 05/06/2010, 18:08   #7

Ollydbg is a 32 bit win32 debugger. Note. 32 bit. It will run on x64, as x64 does a reasonable job of running 32 bit programs. BUT, being a debugger, it won't run natively, It won't run flawlessly, etc.

Now, if you're loading .dlls into ollydbg, there are a couple ways to do it.
1) Write a .exe program that simply and easilly LoadLibrarys the .dll. Load the .exe (k, that's probably the stupidest way to do it... uh...)
2) Load a .exe that loads the .dll. *cough* a certain mabinogi CLIENT file that ends in .EXE might be of help here *cough*.
3) If you're editing skill.dll, which I believe is demand loaded instead of explicitly loaded at startup, you can EITHER *TRY* pressing the run button until it loads client.exe (or crashes), OR load it using olly's LOADDLL.exe. Now... if it's crashing... I wouldn't know why. I'm on x64 and it works fine 95% of the time. Now, after loading it with LOADDLL.exe, you MUST press "run" a couple of times (thank you halfslashed for teaching me this... I was SUCH an idiot before that XD) for it to actually load the dll. Check the executables window to see what I'm talking about.