Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 21:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How do these things work exactly?

Discussion on How do these things work exactly? within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How do these things work exactly?

It's my understanding that everything is now packed into Client.EXE? From what I've read on this forum...so does that mean editing any .DLL's inside the mabi folder is pointless and all edits have to be done to Client.EXE with OllyDBG?

How does Pake work exactly? ( Are people still using pake? Lol..I actually don't even play this game but I really want to make a mod for it or something )

How does crackshield work? From my understanding of hackshield it scans the memory of your client and it then checks it with the server or something to make sure it's not being tampered with? Then kicks you if it sees mismatching data. So then is crackshield just hackshield modded to send the reports of the memory to nowhere?

Lastly, how does Anti-Pake work in Abyss( I haven't actually looked into it, I think the author said that anyone who knows what they're doing could disable it ) But I'm just wondering does it scan your running processes and terminate if it sees pake.exe or something? I guess I could look into this myself, but if anyone knows it'd be nice.

Sorry if these are noob questions, I have searched btw...
Old 11/07/2013, 05:29   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose123456 View Post
It's my understanding that everything is now packed into Client.EXE? From what I've read on this forum...so does that mean editing any .DLL's inside the mabi folder is pointless and all edits have to be done to Client.EXE with OllyDBG?

How does Pake work exactly? ( Are people still using pake? Lol..I actually don't even play this game but I really want to make a mod for it or something )

How does crackshield work? From my understanding of hackshield it scans the memory of your client and it then checks it with the server or something to make sure it's not being tampered with? Then kicks you if it sees mismatching data. So then is crackshield just hackshield modded to send the reports of the memory to nowhere?

Lastly, how does Anti-Pake work in Abyss( I haven't actually looked into it, I think the author said that anyone who knows what they're doing could disable it ) But I'm just wondering does it scan your running processes and terminate if it sees pake.exe or something? I guess I could look into this myself, but if anyone knows it'd be nice.

Sorry if these are noob questions, I have searched btw...
the answer is 12... always 12... O:
Old 11/07/2013, 05:56   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaho View Post
the answer is 12... always 12... O:
I've talked to you before, and I know you know even less about this stuff than I do. Please don't post here just for the sake of posting.
Old 11/07/2013, 06:21   #4

Quote:
I've talked to you before, and I know you know even less about this stuff than I do. Please don't post here just for the sake of posting.
you are so rude D:
Old 11/07/2013, 13:14   #5

Quote:
Yes, they're packed into Client.exe. I don't think there are any mods that can really be made with the dll's included anymore.

Quote:
Should be EXTREMELY obvious that I will never answering this one since I'm the one who put it in to stop as many leechers as I could. It's made in a way where people with even basic understanding can get around it. It's easier to bypass than it is to try and avoid.