Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 18:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Fixing the Economy

Discussion on Fixing the Economy within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Fixing the Economy

I've been wracking my brain, trying to figure out ways Nexon could go about fixing the economy, after patching MabiPake. Obviously, they'll want to keep their player base and try to upset the least amount of people, while still making money.

I've heard someone say they should completely wipe all of the gold and have everyone start over again. While I believe this would be an amazing fix.. It'd upset too many people for them to go through with it.

It's sort of impossible to come up with a perfect solution. But assuming Nexon patched the ability to dupe completely.. Does anyone have any ideas as to what they could do to fix the economy?
Old 08/22/2011, 01:52   #2

Make an event that would drain the player's money for minor gain once the patch is done? So the players blame their gold losses on themselves rather than Nexon?
Old 08/22/2011, 01:56   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajar View Post
Make an event that would drain the player's money for minor gain once the patch is done? So the players blame their gold losses on themselves rather than Nexon?
This wouldn't work.

1: An event is optional. No one would have to drain money on it.

2: There is millions, perhaps even billions of duplicated gold out there. One event, even a money draining one, isn't enough to get rid of all of it.
Old 08/22/2011, 01:58   #4

The main part of my post wasn't that little bit about the event, but rather "So the players blame their gold losses on themselves rather than Nexon?". That's always a good way.
Old 08/22/2011, 01:59   #5

Uhm.. That makes no sense. It doesnt matter who they blame it on, it's the actual method of fixing that matters.
Old 08/22/2011, 02:14   #6

wipe all peoples stuff? are you dumb considering people pay alot of money on gacha's im pretty sure atleast 98% of the community will quit, well maybe not cause all the smart people already quit only the idiots stiff stay.

Only way to really fix the economy is to give all your gold and items to 1 person that will evenly distribute some things out once a month, or whenever he feels like it..

I nominate Donarleon, everyone likes and trust him
am i rite
Old 08/22/2011, 03:09   #7

This might sound crazy but at first I had a feeling that this maintenance will not address the duping.(and still do, kinda) I think it is just a matter of them fixing monster servers. The fact that they extended it 2 hours makes me feel that maybe they are working on fixing the player save packets that allowed duping.

As far as I know, Nexon has always been aware of the dupe, they just did not have enough information to preform a patch on it.
Old 08/22/2011, 03:15   #8

I gave them info. I liked duping, but it was just to much to the point where the players who were fair couldn't buy anything.
Old 08/22/2011, 03:28   #9

I repeat just wipe out all the gold.
Old 08/22/2011, 03:33   #10

I'd love it if they patched gold dupe but kept item dupe. Item duping doesn't really hurt the economy as long as it's consumable stuff that gets duped (golems/stones/dyes/etc).
Old 08/22/2011, 03:50   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRule View Post
I'd love it if they patched gold dupe but kept item dupe. Item duping doesn't really hurt the economy as long as it's consumable stuff that gets duped (golems/stones/dyes/etc).
Upgrade Stones?
Old 08/22/2011, 04:17   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDz View Post
I repeat just wipe out all the gold.
nexon is trying to make money not make everyone quit, think of this from a legit player's view "y am i being punished because of the hacker/modders/etc"
Old 08/22/2011, 05:05   #13

Pake cannot be patched.
Old 08/22/2011, 05:38   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donarleon View Post
wipe all peoples stuff? are you dumb considering people pay alot of money on gacha's im pretty sure atleast 98% of the community will quit...
Not all of people's stuff, just gold. It's just what someone else had suggested, I dont entirely agree with the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFuSeR
This might sound crazy but at first I had a feeling that this maintenance will not address the duping.
I'd guess that this maint is probably for server stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRule
Item duping doesn't really hurt the economy
Lol? Yes it does.

Imagine you have 100 Hebonas in all of Mabi. They'd be insanely expendsive, because there is only 100 of them. Now if you have 1 billion Hebonas, the price goes way down, because there is more of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likevvii
Pake cannot be patched
Of course it can be. It's been rendered useless before, and I'm sure it can be done again.
Old 08/22/2011, 05:51   #15

I said item duping of CONSUMABLES. Demand for dyes/HW/golems/upgrade stones is essentially infinite.