Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question

Discussion on Question within the Kal Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question

Guys is better i start learn C or C++?
Old 07/19/2011, 06:16   #2

best is learning arabic+riding camel
Thanks
5 Users
Old 07/19/2011, 12:15   #3

juvette you dont need be a ********..
Old 07/19/2011, 12:35   #4

for me c++ its nearly same as c, c++ got some additions
Old 07/19/2011, 12:47   #5

C was the C++ predecessor. As it's name implies, alot of C remains in C++. Although not actually being more powerful than C, C++ allows the programmer to more easily manage and operate with Objects, using an OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concept.

C++ allows the programmer to create classes, which are somewhat similar to C structures. However, to a class can be assigned methods, functions associated to it, of various prototypes, which can access and operate within the class, somewhat like C functions often operate on a supplied handler pointer.

Although it is possible to implement anything which C++ could implement in C, C++ aids to standarize a way in which objects are created and managed, whereas the C programmer who implements the same system has alot of liberty on how to actually implement the internals, and style among programmers will vary alot on the design choices made.

In C, some will prefer the handler-type, where a main function initializes a handler, and that handler can be supplied to other functions of the library as an object to operate on/through. Others will even want to have that handler link all the related function pointers within it which then must be called using a convention closer to C++.

To finish this discussion, C++ applications are generally slower at runtime, and are much slower to compile than C programs. The low-level infrastructure for C++ binary execution is also larger. For these reasons C is always commonly used even if C++ has alot of popularity, and will probably continue to be used in projects where size and speed are primary concerns, and portable code still required (assembly would be unsuitable then).
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/19/2011, 18:01   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvette View Post
best is learning arabic+riding camel
Better u learn how to quit the forum rofl.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/20/2011, 15:50   #7

I would recommend to learn C++. Read what str1k3r said.
Anyway, I think I know what you are up to and I can tell you; you won't be able to make that after "learning" the language for 6 months.
Old 07/23/2011, 02:49   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiNsT View Post
I would recommend to learn C++. Read what str1k3r said.
Anyway, I think I know what you are up to and I can tell you; you won't be able to make that after "learning" the language for 6 months.
Why D: