Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > General Gaming Releases
You last visited: Today at 10:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Easy Ranger And Magic XP - In Tortage

Discussion on Easy Ranger And Magic XP - In Tortage within the General Gaming Releases forum part of the General Gaming Discussion category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
Easy Ranger And Magic XP - In Tortage

If you are a class that supports high damage over distance, you can use this guide/trick to take out some higher level mobs pretty easily, for great XP.

1. Go to the Acheronian Ruins and work your way up the steps toward the Bat Demon.

2. After the fourth set of long stairs there is normally a large spawn of Picts around level 17-19.

3. After the stairs, when you come up on the platform, there is a ledge to the right.

4. If you jump down on the ledge before or after the Picts see you, they will stand around trying to get you, but they can't.

5. I would go to the end of the ledge, where the spawn is normally pretty quick, and just start nuking.

The Picts will not venture down on the ledge and I haven't encountered one that will hit me. They stand there, fluctuating between brandishing their weapons and walking around. So, you can nuke/shoot them quite easily. There also seems to be a pretty steady flow, so happy hunting.

~~Also, I've found this to be a common thing...the system isn't handling line of site and barriers well. You can also stand on stairs and shoot/nuke and the mob will get stuck at the top of the stairs. Some of it is trial and error though.

Similar Threads Similar Threads
The Tortage Noob Killer!
01/02/2009 - General Gaming Releases - 1 Replies
Guilds give Higher Damage Bounus and Protective things to help you. By having teh highest Battle Keep level. Shop for rings/necklace/anumition/armor etc... all green ,because farming this crap takes way to long! Great Greens and Blues come off Bosses in Elite mode Whitesands :) AMUNITION-> Green or blue :) can be sold for gold..... You need a Funding Charecter to farm coin... for the lowbie killer
[Exploration] Behind Tortage and Random Instanced Buildings
07/25/2008 - General Gaming Releases - 1 Replies
2 Days Ago Hey guys, I was just doing some exploring when I managed to find a path leading behind the Volcano entrance which allowed you to climb all throughout parts of Tortage you normally aren't allowed to. I also found...something interesting back there http://www.*******.com/forums/images/smilies/wink. gif. So, take a look at this quick video I tossed together and let me know what you think! (Sorry if this is old, searched and found nothing. But if it is, I'm sure a video showing...
Easy Leveling in Tortage
05/26/2008 - General Gaming Releases - 0 Replies
Inside Tortage city is a boat which has been converted into a pub (it's near the harbour - there is a quest giver very near there aswell) inside the pub there are 4 drunk bullies, killing these give easy XP and they respawn pretty fast so u can keep circling the boat. saves doing pointless quests if u prefer to simply grind the few levels between destiny quests.
Easy way to learn blue magic
04/19/2007 - FFXI Guides & Templates - 1 Replies
Have no CoP, can't learn refueling? Trouble with that one spell? Wyvrens too hard, radiant breath impossible? No sea, miss diseverment? Fear not. An easy way to learn is here. All you need to do, is participate in Besieged. Mamool Ja have blue mage beastmen, and they use almost all blue magic (Each mamool has his own spellset, so maybe one in 5 has refueling), but there is a large chance in easily getting it from mamool ja. I got refueling, jettatura and body slam this way.