Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > General Gaming Releases
You last visited: Today at 13:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Rogue Destiny Quest Walkthrough Lvl 5-19

Discussion on Rogue Destiny Quest Walkthrough Lvl 5-19 within the General Gaming Releases forum part of the General Gaming Discussion category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
Rogue Destiny Quest Walkthrough Lvl 5-19

Rogue Destiny Quest Walkthrough

Levels 5-10

Note: I will be going through this quest as an Assassin/Corruption. I will only be guiding on what you are to do to complete the quests, plus some of my own notes. It is expected that you will be going through this quest and following the story yourself, so I will limit my explanation of it.

At the time I entered Tortage at Night I was level 6.1, using a Razor & Frostwrought Razor - both gained from brutal pirates outside tortage city.

Both are 15dps - my secondary weapon set is a vendor bought crossbow with crude bolts. My inventory contains food/drink from the merchant Butterfly inside The Thirsty Dog Inn at night. Also 9 HoT potions.

On with the Walkthrough.

Shipwrecked: Talk to Nadini

This quest you gained when you spawned on the island after the shipwreck. Kalanthes told you to regain your memory you should seek out and talk to Nadini, and by talking to Tina in the Thirsty Dog Inn she told you the best time to speak to Nadini is at night, and so we entered Tortage Night.

There is no need to Sneak at this point, just follow the arrow on your compass down to Nadini's hut. Nadini tells you your story, you are an Assassin and this is your fate. Nadini reveals to you that Tina is also a rogue, and she will be your starting point in the Tortage underworld - she also explains that to leave Tortage you will need to pass Strom (more on this later) Nadini sends you back to Tina to ask her about starting as a rogue. As her final words to you, Tina gives you some good advice.

--

The Awakening I

Go to Tina, talk to her for a bit and she explains that she'll be happy to help you regain your memory and skills, but you will do so by helping the resistance in Tortage.
The first thing she wants you to do is follow a man called Arias, he is one of King Conan's spies. She gives you a Scoundrel's Dagger - which I use mainhand to my Frostwrought
Razor.

*Note* Here I take a detour though, Follow the minimap down to Rum'n Rumble Inn and kill lvl 10 Bully's here till lvl 7. This'll give you experience in killing higher mobs than yourself, get you some really nice cash at this level, and get you lvl 7 for the higher hide skill.

Hide and go under the ship, between the backs of the 2 sentries, and play the cutscene. So Strom's men have captured Arias! Wait a minute and the guards Depop,
you can then drop sneak and return back to Tina. She tells you that the guy responsible for kidnapping Arias is meeting tonight and she'd like you to go spy on him.

Head back to Nadini's house - on the way there you will pass by the area you are heading too, with guards stood watch. Stealth past them up the steps to Nadini's house. At the point where Nadini's house is on your immediate left, turn right, and head up the steps. The ladder you're going up is directly behind that lvl 7 Bodyguard. Snipe him with the crossbow, run over to the ladder and press 'U' while facing it. (assuming U is your use key) Fight your way along this section, and climb down to trigger the cutscene.

Listen to what they say and after the cutscene is over, drop down and head back to Tina - no need to stealth.

--

Letter to the King

After Tina finishes explaining what she wants you to do for her, she gives you a footpad's tunic. Put this on, and speak to Si-Khu. He tells you that his father found the scroll in Stygia and then gives it to you. The XP from this put me to lvl 8.4.

Now we're heading to Arias who is camped outside the city in the jungle, follow the arrow on the minimap to his location. We'll be passing here a few times in the future so remember this loc. Arias explains the story of your mark, and also of the Medallion, and some lore on Mithrelle. He asks you to go to the Volcano, and find out what she is doing there. Kill the 4 xxx of Acheron along the path, and then stealth past the scorpions/flesheaters to the volcano zoneline.

Once you zone into the volcano, follow the path down and kill the first few Acheron troops. The path we are taking is straight ahead across the bridge. Ignore the path to the left that heads up the volcano.

*Note* Here I take the left path, killed a few enemies and climbed the rope bridge at the end. I followed this all the way up, gaining level 9.5, 2 15.7 DPS razors, and a crossbow upgrade. Now back down to the matter at hand.

Head straight, killing as you go, The X will soon appear on your minimap showing you the area you are to head too. You'll have figured out by now that the Mercenaries do the most damage, shortly followed by Darkwitches, so focus your damage in that order. Head to Shenti-Aku, and speak to him.

He'll die easy once he starts fighting, and drops a chest. Now we must head back to Arias, so retrace your steps all the way back to him. He gives you a letter to take to Redrik, who will pass the letter to King Conan, regarding the army on the volcano bearing the mark.

This also dinged me level 10.2 - head to Redrik who is at the docks in Tortage.

*Note* Down on the dock before you get to Redrik, there is a merchant dressed in a white robe, sell all the stuff you picked up on the Volcano to him, and assuming you reached
level 10, buy the following: Dusklight Tunic, Footpad's Scramisax x2, Exponents Cap. These are obviously quite considerable upgrades, so I certainly recommend buying them. Now equipped with 2x 19.7 DPS daggers, head to Redrik.

Give Redrik the Note, and he rewards you with Stride Leggings, which have a movement multiplier. Once you have reached level 10, you are told to seek your trainer (Tina) to continue the destiny quest.

Don't forget to spend your newly gained Feat points (level 10) and skill points, every time you level. Also remember to refresh Poison/Corruption Stance, as it gains damage with each level.

Level 10-15

The Awakening II
Once you've hit lvl 10, speak to Tina to continue the destiny questline. She wants you to go spy on a man named Ulric. He is found outside his house next to Nadinis shack. He'll be walking around with two hostile guards. You can kill the guards without having to worry about Ulric as he won't attack you, but it's not really necessary. Enter hide and keep out of the way, or Ulric will just walk around aimlessly. Follow him to Bartholomew's shop, enter and take the scroll. Go back to the Thirsty Dog Inn and give the scroll to Tina. Now, go towards the volcano, only this time you enter the house you walked past on your way up there the first time. Once inside the mansion, head upstairs and to the left. There'll be some mobs there, which shouldn't give you much trouble. Keep walking through the rooms, and you'll see a prism stand. Use it to shut off the barrier. Head back down and go through the door between the stairs and then to the right. Continue through the rooms until you find Mithrelle and the stand on which the scroll lies. Use the scroll and go back to Tina. She tells you that Nadini wants to speak with you, so go to her house and listen to her.

Letter to the King II
After talking to Nadini, go see Arias. Now you'll have to find Casilda. She's in the Thirsty Dog Inn. Once you have her blood, head to the volcano. This time you head up the path you bypassed the last time you were there. You will reach a dead end with a climbing point. Walk up to it and press U to climb. Climb to the top. This will complete the first part of the quest. There will be a camp straight ahead but it's not necessary to kill all the enemies there. There's a mini-boss there who patrols so it's possible to pull him without entering the camp. Your destination is across the bridge to the right as you come up, so it's possible to avoid the camp altogether. Once over the bridge, there will be a camp with mobs, kill them and cross the second bridge. there's only one way to go so just kill the mobs you see and keep going up. Towards the end there'll be a boss. He can be a bit though, but doable. Once he's dead, walk up the stairs and you'll find the vial of blood on top of a bunch of wooden crates. Use it and you will complete the quest. Go back and talk to Arias. To continue the destiny questline, you need to be level 15. Swap to daytime and level.

Level 15-19

The Awakening III
Speak to Tina and she will ask you to kill Ulric. Go to his house, which is next to Nadini's shack, and enter. You can choose to kill the mansion guards or sneak past them, it doesn't make any difference. Keep going up the stairs, and you will find Ulric sleeping in his bed. In order to kill him, you stand next to the bed and press U. When Ulric is dead, you go back to the Thirsty Dog Inn and give Tina the bloodied sword. Next, you need to go steal a medallion from Strom. To enter the castle, don't go knocking on the front door, instead you go down to the harbor and climb up the two long ladders there. Enter the back door and head down the stairs straight ahead and then to the right. Don't bother with the room on the left yet, you will go back later anyways. Once you come to the ladders, climb down and you will find yourself behind Strom. Walk up to him and use him to steal the key. Climb back up and head to the room you bypassed earlier. Kill the guards and unlock the treasury door. When you have the medallion, you go back to Tina.

Level 19

The End Battle
At level 19, talk to Valeria. Before you start, it's a good idea to bring potions because you're likely to meet some tough resistance, and once you've entered the End Battle you can't get out until you've finished it. She tells you that before you can go to kill Strom, you have to talk to Nadini. On the way you must also liberate the Noble District and the Southern City. Head out of the Inn and towards Nadini. There'll be guards and a mini-boss waiting for you after the bridge. It's possible to singlepull one or two of the guards without aggroing the Red Hand Sergeant, which will ease the fight a bit. Pull and kill the Sergeant, and you will liberate the Southern City. Keep going towards Nadini's house. Outside her house, you will find Tarisha as a miniboss, lying on the ground. Kill her to liberate the Noble District. Step into Nadini's house, kill the guard inside and speak to her. She will give you the Phoenix Medallion which is an important part of your destiny quest. Go outside and walk back the way you came, as the way to the harbor is blocked. Instead, you need to go down the other path towards the harbor. Delia is waiting across the second bridge, with guards spread around her. You can attempt to singlepull some of the guards, to ease the fight. When Delia is dead, you've liberated the Northern City.

Moving towards the harbor, you will see a barricade. Draw your weapon and attack it. Once destroyed you'll find yourself in the middle of a big battle between the resistance and the red hand guards. Don't engage in the battle as the guards will keep spawning and eventually swarm you. Instead, avoid the battle entirely and continue past. The Red Hand High Priest will be waiting at the wharf, kill him and you've liberated the harbor. Head towards the lighthouse and kill the guards in your way. You'll find a second barricade, simply destroy it the same way you did with the first one. When it's destroyed, you will be attacked by some guards so there's no point sheathing your weapon again.

Next miniboss is Sakumbe. You're not freeing anything here, but kill him anyway. He deserves it, believe me! When you come to the lighthouse, go behind it and onto the boat. Once you step on the boat you start the Strom fight, so you better be ready.
You will be attacked by several waves of Stroms bodyguards. Keep health and stamina potions ready and rest up between the waves. Once you've killed the last bodyguard, Strom himself will attack you immediately, so make sure you've enough health and stamina to survive the fight. When Strom finally is dead, step off the boat and talk to Kalanthes. Now you will be sent to your characters homeland to continue the search for your memory.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2008, 06:41   #2

elite*gold: 0
hm lowy ich hab mich immer gefragt wo du das rauskopierst... *g*
Old 05/25/2008, 01:25   #3

Frage - wozu braucht man in einem Spiel, in dem man die Questziele angezeigt bekommt, einen Questguide?
Old 05/25/2008, 18:37   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVER3P3NOR View Post
Frage - wozu braucht man in einem Spiel, in dem man die Questziele angezeigt bekommt, einen Questguide?
gute frage danke für den guide, aber es wird wirklich ziemlich alles übersichtlich auf der map dargestellt ... oft muss man die questaufgabe gar nicht durchlesen ...

war jez kein provozierender beitrag

greetz