Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 04:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Acclaim Games shuts down most of its online games

Discussion on Acclaim Games shuts down most of its online games within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
Acclaim Games shuts down most of its online games

Acclaim Games, who was purchased by Playdom back in May, who then in turn was acquired by Disney, recently shut down service for its MMORPG The Chronicles of Spellborn. But it seems The Chronicles of Spellborn wasn't the only game hit as it seems most of the online games in the Acclaim Games lineup have either shut down or changed hands. A visit to the Acclaim Games website reveals this fact, with Acclaim also offering some compensation to 9Dragons players for unused Acclaim Coins purchased within the last 30 days. 9Dragons, as we reported earlier this week, has been picked up by GamersFirst and will continue its operation with the free-to-play publisher.

Acclaim Games also operated the games 2Moons, which players can currently migrate their Acclaim accounts to a GamHi account, Bots, Dance Online, and others.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/28/2010, 17:07   #2

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
Acclaim always failed, when gamehi took over they did stuff in two months what acclaim promised in two years. Acclaim is just lazy if u ask me, when one of they'r games fail, they buy a new one.

~edit~
Acclaim isint shutting down its games, acclaim is shutting down it self, seriously.
Old 08/30/2010, 07:26   #3

elite*gold: 0
the ONLY good game acclaim ever handled and/or supported WAS the MortalKombat series for the N64...EVER, and PERIOD. ill give them that... i like MK4 for hte 64' lol EPIC
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/30/2010, 07:29   #4

Lol Epic Fail @ console Games Now MMO's That Very Sad. Guess it was Never meant To Be
Old 08/30/2010, 17:58   #5

if my memory serves me right.. turok games was from acclaim on the 64.. turok 2 was outright the best game xD
Old 09/07/2010, 00:10   #6

elite*gold: 20
Yep they just weren't suited for mmo business. Not one bit surprised that none of the game publishers agreed to renew their contract. Also they pulled a b**** move with GamersFirst and 9Dragons which is really shameful of them.
Old 09/15/2010, 03:30   #7

Big fail i agree. Very sad for all the players.
Old 09/15/2010, 18:06   #8

this is really a big doom for a player's especially who buy a game gold like me over 5 billion. don't think would get it back. hopefully GamersFirst would be more friendly and better than Acclaim,let see..............
Old 09/15/2010, 20:57   #9

elite*gold: 36
**** thats pretty bad.

at skye, gamersfirst will never crash lol, since theres 8 million turks paying for knight online lol...