Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 11:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Uminchu - Auto Fishing Bot

Discussion on Uminchu - Auto Fishing Bot within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 02/23/2017, 03:33   #121

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawainxl View Post
Just to make sure I understand this correctly, the bot is only reading memory from the game? Is it in any way detectable by Square or only when you leave it unattended and people report you?

If it's safe, I'm looking forward to try it out, bit sketchy atm :)
tldr: It is probably as safe as they come, but no bot is safe.

It reads memory and it also sends keystrokes to the client via Windows functions. It does not manipulate the client's memory in any way, so it cannot be detected by self-integrity checks, which to my knowledge do not exist anyway. Absentee play could possibly be inferred by a method that compares physical keyboard/mouse states with logical keyboard/mouse states. However this would also falsely identify users running through VNC or other non standard methods. One tip: turn off the auto afk status when using any bot to prevent you from doing stuff while afk, which can almost only be done by bots.

It is my belief that any publicly released program is easily detectable by Square if they make an effort to put in specific detection for that program. Even I can detect when FFXIV is running. :)

That said, I also believe that Square so far only investigates botting under two conditions. The first is when server side metrics show that a user is performing very abnormally. For example, I understand people have been banned for teleport hacking dungeons with groups of 4 black mages, porting all around the map nearly instantly, grouping up the mobs and farming for gil. Then they do that 20 times an hour for days. Although they may not have been reported, especially if they were doing it from an inn, it's reasonable that someone looking will sometimes catch them.

The second case is when a user is reported for suspicious activity. A GM will investigate and determine if the user is engaged in absentee play. If you are by your computer when this happens, or the fishing has automatically stopped by the time this happens you should be fine.

I use this bot on my main account and have used more invasive ones before as well. Although I believe you will very likely be fine, especially since the longest you can do absentee play with Uminchu is about 30 minutes, you should be prepared for the consequences if you are caught using any program that breaks the user agreement.
Old 02/23/2017, 11:54   #122

Okay, thanks for the swift reply
Old 02/23/2017, 14:16   #123

What do you mean by the longest you can do absentee play is 30 mins? I didn't understand that part. I feel like I've run the bot for longer than that sometimes, although I wasn't afk in windows.

Speaking of, I have my in-game auto afk flag on and I don't think it ever comes on because the game thinks actions are being performed so it doesn't auto-afk unless the bot stops. However, if you're actually idle, Windows will still run the screen saver, etc.
Old 02/23/2017, 14:32   #124

30 minutes: this is about the time I'm estimating it takes for the server to tell you "the fish sense something amiss". Not sure on the exact time, but at some point the game stops you from fishing until you manually move, which the bot can't do. By the way, there's two timers for this - one is right where you are standing (within an 8 yalm hex I believe, about 30 minutes) and one is for the node itself (about 2-3 hours). They are reset each time you cast in a different hex/node.

AFK: Also not exactly sure on this - I don't use the option - but I've seen users of other bots run around gathering while they have the AFK flag on, which is ordinarily impossible. If the way Uminchu simulates keypresses makes it keep the AFK flag off, that's good. But if you weren't AFK in Windows, that might be what's keeping it off.
Old 02/28/2017, 12:30   #125

I understand there was a new patch within the last day. I'm currently unsubbed - would anyone be willing to let me use their account briefly to update the bot? Send a PM, regards.
Old 02/28/2017, 12:42   #126

I'm 100% hesitant to share account info, sorry. But if nobody takes you up on that offer in a few days, I'll donate enough for you to resub another month. How's that?
Old 02/28/2017, 12:46   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyllandor View Post
I'm 100% hesitant to share account info, sorry. But if nobody takes you up on that offer in a few days, I'll donate enough for you to resub another month. How's that?
Completely understand! I would never do it either. I also asked some old friends on Skype that still play, so I may sort this out. And your offer is kindly appreciated.
Old 02/28/2017, 12:47   #128

No prob, I get paid Friday, so if nothing by then I'll toss you the $15 (or more if you have a ton of retainers, whatevs.)

If others want to make that promise we could even split the cost, that'd be cool. I'm sure tons of people use your bot.

Heck, I'll probably do it even if you update. I've used the bot plenty.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/28/2017, 18:17   #129

Yeah np
Old 03/01/2017, 13:29   #130

A buddy let me in. DX9 pushed. Will try to get DX11 out in a few hours after some Overwatch, or in the next day.

DX11 updated too. Let me know if something doesn't work.
Old 03/02/2017, 00:38   #131

Well, when I fish now and it uses any kind of hook, it tabs out to Windows when in full window mode or it makes the game window 'inactive' when in window or borderless windowed mode. This is when using DX9
Old 03/02/2017, 00:48   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawainxl View Post
Well, when I fish now and it uses any kind of hook, it tabs out to Windows when in full window mode or it makes the game window 'inactive' when in window or borderless windowed mode. This is when using DX9
That's very strange. The only thing that has changed in quite some time are the pointers. Actually, the underlying binary has also changed. Does it otherwise perform okay? Can you try running it with admin privileges if not already? What's your hotkey for hook? Which version of Windows?
Old 03/02/2017, 03:51   #133

It performs as it should do, it just alt tabs or makes the window inactive. My hotkey for hook is 2, precision hook Shift+2, Powerfull Hook Shift+3. Windows 7.
Old 03/02/2017, 05:11   #134

Can you double check the Uminchu Keybinds window for me for hook to make sure it's just 2, and not Win-2 or something? I can't really figure out why it would be doing this, but it sounds like it might be pressing the windows hotkey.
Old 03/02/2017, 15:29   #135

I have a French layout Azerty Keyboard instead of Qwerty so maybe i need to explain what key is what.

& = 1
é = 2
" = 3
' = 4
( = 5
- = 6
è = 7
_ = 8
ç = 9

[Hotkeys]
hk_1_hk={&}
hk_1_type=0