Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[FIND]HOSTING VPS

Discussion on [FIND]HOSTING VPS within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 01/12/2011, 12:46   #46

elite*gold: 0
What are the possibilities if the VPS required to run the server contains 100 player
Old 01/12/2011, 13:38   #47

elite*gold: 90
what you exact mean ??

i would suggest to start with 512 mb ram and then go to 1GB ram

512 mb ram should be able to take care for about 100 - 150 players , then 1GB ram is needed to support 300 - 500 players

but like i say , it are the stats from my old servers , i do not have enouf info yet about my new servers to say if it is the same or not ( from 4 cores to 8 cores , from 2.6 GHZ to 3.0 GHZ , from DDR2 to DDR3 ram )

the servers i use now are just changed so mutch if you check it with my older server
so the stats i got now are kinda out of date

anyway
512 mb ram should be able to take care of it (basic package)

Greets From PowerChaos
Old 01/12/2011, 18:43   #48

power if use dedicated server 512mb ram will be lag or not?how much player max it can support?or if i want use dedicated should i use 2gb above or 1gb above ?i means if i dont want use vps for satrting than can i use 512mb ramwithout lag or problems?
Old 01/12/2011, 20:20   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerchaos
but like i say , it are the stats from my old servers , i do not have enouf info yet about my new servers to say if it is the same or not ( from 4 cores to 8 cores , from 2.6 GHZ to 3.0 GHZ , from DDR2 to DDR3 ram )
the text above says
i got only old data , as those servers i use now are kinda new ( 2 weeks old ) so i do not have enouf info about it

i would say , try it out and if it is not you can always upgrade
or in worste case , you can ask a refund :P ( 7 days full refund with no reason needed , counts only for vps servers )

but from my old data , it should support around 100 players lagfree on the basic package

as soon i got new data then i will post it on my site ( sorted per game )

Thank you
Greets From PowerChaos
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/10/2011, 16:13   #50

Hi Guys,

Since this thread is about VPS, I am trying to help my friend to promote his Private Hosting Services. Hopefully I am not breaking any rules here or Spamming, just helping out a friend.

I am told that no official hosting company would allow u to host Private Server. If found out, the hosting company will immediately terminate your contact or something. This is where this hoster can help. This server are meant for those who want to host Private Server such as WOW, EO, Shaiya, Dekeron, etc. The Hoster will not expose you or you private information. If you require change of IP, is possible. Hoster will not impose any restriction unless if you hosting for *** related site. This server is meant to host MMORPG private server.

The feature of the Hosting services (I am writing this according to him)
- You can either choose to rent the whole server or have it on Virtual Host (max 5 client only).
- OS can be Windows Server Std (32bit or 64bit) or Linux (You specify)
- 100mbps total bandwitdh on his rack. Only come with a few server so far
- Inclusive of Firewall with Intrusion detection System (hardware).
- Full control over server. Secure remote access via RDP or other Remote Access software (e.g. Logmein). Please take note that the server are not installed with any control panel for web hosting. If you need, you can request or install this yourself.
- Server is located at EU (may not be ideal for Asia side). Euro player will experience less than 100 ms ping max.
- Can be long term with contract or without any contract (short term). Charges are varies depending on your needs.

Server Specification:
- Dual Xeon E5620 @ 3800Mhz (something around 130 GFLOPS of processing power)
- 24GB of RAM
- Nehalem Server board
- Hard Disk (Customizable to your needs: Anything from Normal Raid 0 or 1 or 1+0, to 5 with SATA, SCSI or SSD HDD of whatever size)

Price: I am not sure. You will have to negotiate with him directly. PM me if you are interest and I will give you, his direct contact (skype or email)

P/S: If you require lower spec server, do let him know what kind of spec you looking for. He has numerous server which may fit to you needs.
Old 02/10/2011, 16:54   #51

nice post
but i need to give some comment (sorry)

Quote:
I am told that no official hosting company would allow u to host Private Server. If found out, the hosting company will immediately terminate your contact or something.

If you require change of IP, is possible. Hoster will not impose any restriction unless if you hosting for Sex related site. This server is meant to host MMORPG private server.
not sure where you got that info
but changing a ip does not solve the complain problem

same as for the host , it realy depends on where you are hosted and what your sla is with the host if they terminate you after a "abuse" ticket or not

then there are indeed a lot of hosts that terminates you after a 'invalid' abuse ticket (to see a valid dmca , please reffer to )

then before you are allowed to provide hosting is it needed to have a tos , its for your own safety that it is needed (you will figure it out soon enouf)

Quote:
The Hoster will not expose you or you private information.
this reffers to the law of privacy
but as you should know to , in case you get sued or a laywer ask a client information are you needed to provide them that information (if reason is valid )
failing to provide the information will all damage go directly to you as host
including but not limited to damage claims and obstruckting of research work
you just get more trouble by not providing the information then providing the information (reffers back to the tos ... )

Quote:
This server is meant to host MMORPG private server.
it is nice from you to offer a complete server only for private games
but if i see the spects , it looks expensive in the first place and if you get more clients then you will get a lot of problems (specialy with vps servers and 24GB ram )

i do not know what your past experiance is with game servers or with hosting
if you lack on experiance then i would suggest to do a lot of research first before spending some time and money on it , as it will fail if you lack on knowledge (specaily with vps servers , they are a pain in the *** to manage all the time )

but to provide some positive information , can you provide me his pm ?? as i am intrested in the servers itself (no , not for hosting but for other deals)

and i wish you good luck
but if you like to promote , explain it easyer , give some easy information and provide something that users can understand

Greets From PowerChaos
Old 02/10/2011, 17:51   #52

elite*gold: 246
This thread is too troublesome. Future users needing help with a VPS for EO Pserver hosting should make a new thread. Users looking for a VPS should look elsewhere.

#Closed
Closed Thread