Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 18:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server Shutdown ?? email recrived :S

Discussion on Server Shutdown ?? email recrived :S within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 90
Unhappy Server Shutdown ?? email recrived :S

hey all
i was wondering if there are more players that are forced to shutdown by netdragon

i got a email in my inbox from T.Q.

its not from net dragon , but from the office of the law (cant say it in english)

they send me a email and are complaining about ... (read carefull) the SERVER files

they dont complain about the client or website , but just about the SERVER files

now the problem is , i am forced to shutdown or i can get 6 months of jail o.O
but i live in belguim , so maybe i can do somehting against it ^^ (lucky me)

now the problem , what can you do against it ??

maybe this is the reason why mutch servers are shutting down because they dont know what you can do against it

i asked a few persones of the law to what i can do against it and they say they cant do a thing against it , now we founded a way , TQ released a beta version and they removed it
now the funny part , the beta is allowed to use because its a public beta release of the server

so , that was the small story , the hard part dont get releases as it isnt needed to know (just a few tech detais )

now , what i going do , i try differend things to see how to fix it whitout shutting it down , but like you know , if it isnt posseble to prevent it then it is needed

from the moment i need to shutdown and i cant do anything agains it then i will release a complete package of 100mb ( or around that ) that includes my server+db+patch+fixes+apache+mysql

its a instand server that you start up whit just pressing on 1 button , and then the 3 server buttons , its crashfree (stable what you cant say of other persones) a easy install , (extract and press start ... how hard can it be ??) and fully operational
then i will release my client file to that you need to conect to it (not every client can conect to it , not even the normal eo client can conect to it so you need that patch)

so , that was it then
i will post a reply
as soon i know more
hopely can this help you more to figure out a way to prevent shutdown

Greets From The Crasher
Old 04/05/2009, 20:21   #2

elite*gold: 20
attach the mail you got from TQ, so we see it's legit.
Old 04/05/2009, 20:25   #3

elite*gold: 0
Im not sure about the other servers who got the Cease and Desist orders, but I do know that Fheo's came through fedex as a priority mail.
Old 04/05/2009, 22:26   #4

elite*gold: 90
i got almost the same email as fheo
and it is verified that it is a legal note from a business company (from the persones of the law that defend you and stuff) that it is from there
its 1 big office whit 4 offices over the world

i dont atach the email because its in pdf and if i do it then i can get trouble (can only be released to closed forums and stuff)

the file is in pdf format whit header logo and written that way that it is hard to read (like fheo)

it looks like it comes from a private dedective as they force me (if i dont shutdown ) to pay research costs ( 450$ for the searching work to find me ..)
in the meantime i sended like a mail of 6 to them (a friend of me does the abuse department and he take care of it )

so i dont think this isnt official

even the other persones that are allowed to vieuw it says that it is real , they told me that it goes over a article in the book of the law ( §45 and stuff ) instead that it is a dollar sign (what i was thinking first because i cant read it ... unclear what they meaned whit it )

then i see to in the email that the mail is CC to netdragon , so its from there

so , for the rest i cant do mutch about it
but tomorow i can see what i can do agains it because i let some persones brainstorming over the problem and how to fix it (whats posseble and whats not posseble against us and belguim)

if the idea of necron works then it is realy fast fixed if there is a way to fix it then i let you know it
if there isnt a way , then i let you know it to

Greets From The Crasher
Old 04/06/2009, 04:56   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
I would just say prove that it is TQ server files you are using only way they can prove it is with illegal access to your server
Old 04/07/2009, 20:41   #6

elite*gold: 0
Illegal access

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhacker View Post
I would just say prove that it is TQ server files you are using only way they can prove it is with illegal access to your server

Very good point unless they can get into ur Db and server they cant do jack its the donation servers Tq seem to be shutting down
Glad mines donation free :S