Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron
You last visited: Today at 03:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Pointers for 2Moons

Discussion on Pointers for 2Moons within the Dekaron forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,435
Pointers for 2Moons

hey guys
Ive been trying to find the bace of pointers (mainly X and Y coords)

but every time I try to find a bace pointer... I find one (lets say with offset X to the desired address)
but since the pointer location is dynamic... I have to find the pointer of the pointer (with offset Y to the first) and so I keep getting a huge link of addresses pointing to each other with no end

I do have other methods (using ASM scripts) but I see them as kind of a quickfix
so I want to know why its so hard to track down bace pointers and if there is any way to find them.

======this is so you know my method of finding them
Scan for the address you know... (GET THE ADDRESS)
then I go rightclick/find what accesses this address...
then I get some code sections that use the address so I double click them to find the value in the register [ebx+X] (in other words I find the value in ebx and SEARCH it on the CE main window
and then I have my pointer and the offset X

this is fking hard to explain without showing
so for the people who have no idea wtf im talking about, ummm you should so, find out lol.
Old 09/30/2009, 06:26   #2

you should post your problem to ce forum, more experts there.
Old 09/30/2009, 10:22   #3

elite*gold: 20
Or, you could use CE's built-in pointer scanner to get the multi-level pointer...

======this is so you know my method of finding them
Scan for the address you know... (GET THE ADDRESS)
then I go rightclick/pointer scan for this adress...
then I click default, because injected sometimes crashes the program + it is easier to add the pointer to the code table.
then I click ok.
then I get some pointers that use the address so I double click them to add them to the main address window.

this is fking easy to explain without showing. If the one I am showing to is not a total newb, like 98% of people here.
Old 10/01/2009, 08:40   #4

Received Thanks: 1,435
oh does that really work?
I always had the impression that the built in pointer scanner was ****.
well the reason was because it never worked for me on the last game I tried it.
Old 10/01/2009, 13:54   #5

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Drako9 View Post
oh does that really work?
I always had the impression that the built in pointer scanner was ****.
well the reason was because it never worked for me on the last game I tried it.
Just don't use the injected scan, it sometimes crashes the game + you can't add the addresses by doubleclicking them Would be great if they fixed it in CE 5.6
Oh, and I sometimes get like 50k pointers, so I just have to re-scan once or a few times. You know, just like finding the address.