Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

aloken damage

Discussion on aloken damage within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
aloken damage

Hi all, ive been working on my server and realised something odd. Heres the comparison I did:

Aloken-
53k attack
15.5k defence
37% physical res
max magic res
+62% crit dmg

bagi-
55k attack
16.1k defence
32% physical res
max magic res
+72% crit dmg

In theory the bagi should hit harder, but when I ran a test pvp, I noticed aloken crit 23k on judgement and bagi only crit 17k on madbloods. Ive looked into skills, masteries and itemweapon and it doesnt show anything unusual. The only place ive yet to look is pcclass but I doubt the fault lies there. Does anyone know where the fault may lie?

edit: the same aloken was hitting 100k on mobs with the same setup whilst the bagi was hitting ~110k.
Old 02/19/2014, 14:46   #2

You were literally just shown how to edit skills in your last post over the aloken skill. Use that newly gained knowledge and work on skills first. Its not proper to edit weapons and gear, UNLESS they have a enormous amount of differences.

If I were you, I would loose the high stats and op *** items. It makes balancing extremely difficult. I would also like to add that action 3 is and always will be ****** up. I mean look at the segu for *** sake. Stop looking at their (Max Damage and Max Defense). It's all visual. They don't tell the entire truth and again it gets even worse with higher stats and options.

Hint: For balancing, grab global's pcclass and pick the components that you need, THEN work on the passives / mastery's of each class to adjust your characters overall balance. Don't forget that skill damage plays a HUGE role for each of the characters, (Pve and pvp).
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/19/2014, 16:22   #3

I don't think you understood my point. Its the ratios that I'm seeing that's ****** up and didn't really make sense. As for the masteries and passives, I do not plan to edit them until I have taken a proper look at my pcclass, which I am not able to do so now. Loose the op items? Im merely the dev and not even the subadmin or admin. This is something I have to mention to the admin myself.

Skills wise, I leveled up a maxed naked char with no stats added and a level 1 weapon. Then I leveled my skills and tested it with accordance to normal attacks. Nothing abnormal showed up.
Old 02/19/2014, 18:12   #4

I never played with values that have such a large impact in the total numbers (your 100k & 110k damage), but the 5% physical res over the bagi as well as possible differences in the pcclass damage ratios could be the reason.

Also note the skills base damage, I'm not saying exact numbers but if mad bloods base damage is 1.8k and if judgements base damage is 2.4k you already get a large gap in how hard the alokens crit will be over the bagi.

What about damage in the stat window? More on Aloken = more damage on crits than bagi crits.

There are a ton of reasons that bagi could be critting less than aloken, it's up to you to figure out where the difference is.
Old 02/19/2014, 18:21   #5

If I remember, madbloods about 800 damage bonus whilst judgement has about 3.7k. But for now, lets say the difference is about 3k. The difference of 6k pvp damage dont quite seem to add up imo. Maybe its like what you said about the pcclass but then again, damage wise against mobs seems fairly alright. Any possibility it has something to do with pk/pvp damage?

Edit: it might have something to do with PC_PHYSICAL_DAMAGERATE in pcclass but im not exactly sure.
Old 02/19/2014, 18:59   #6

Hej Joel!
Old 02/19/2014, 19:37   #7

Hmm?
Old 02/19/2014, 20:45   #8

As I said, just grab global's pcclass and pull out the needed columns to replace your with. That's what I did and its really helped the overall balance process.

The pcclass from global is slightly different but just remove the extra un-needed colums.
Old 02/19/2014, 21:54   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel2309 View Post
If I remember, madbloods about 800 damage bonus whilst judgement has about 3.7k. But for now, lets say the difference is about 3k. The difference of 6k pvp damage dont quite seem to add up imo. Maybe its like what you said about the pcclass but then again, damage wise against mobs seems fairly alright. Any possibility it has something to do with pk/pvp damage?

Edit: it might have something to do with PC_PHYSICAL_DAMAGERATE in pcclass but im not exactly sure.
That "could" be it, but considering you said yourself that the difference in the files say you have a 2.9k (3k to be simple) difference the numbers from the top seem to be right (23k crit alo on the bagi, 17k crit bagi on the alo). Crit damage is normally 100% or 150% extra damage (forget which one), with aloken having that extra 5% physical resistance over bagi, a 6k damage difference sounds completely logical (even if the pcclass has different pvp damage ratios). I'd be willing to bet that if you raised the mad bloods base damage to 3.7k (like judgement) you would be maybe a 1k difference or so between the two crit damages when pvping. Only reason the aloken would hit just over the bagi still is the extra 5% resistance that she has.
Old 02/19/2014, 22:17   #10

Yeah I think that might be true. I vaguely remember facing the same situation about aloken vs bagi dmg back in elitedekaron but that was years ago. I also do not remember default crit dmg values and how it's calculated with other factors like physical resistance (I would love to know that). But yeah I think I'll try out what you said about raising mad bloods dmg temporarily and then reverting it back. I think I'll also download global's pcclass and compare them with mine.
Old 02/20/2014, 01:59   #11

Did that for just in the case I could save you a dl.