Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Connection Problem

Discussion on Connection Problem within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Connection Problem

Im having a little problem that I cant understand really. Kind of hoping to get some input on this..

So up until recently I was running a Hamachi server. I came across a post that explained how to run a non hamachi server (through your external IP).

What kind of DNS do I need to do this because for some reason when I try to connect the SessionServer exe it will fail when I use my external IP. but if I use the local IP.. 192.168.***.*** it allows me to connect. But if im not mistaken this will only allow me to connect and no one else.

I guess my question is, how would I go about connecting to an external IP without hamachi or a purchased dedicated server.

** I get the typical errors in Session when i try to connect like

SP_LOGIN_FLAG_SET PROC CALL FAIL
and
\config\provider.cpp Line 79
----------------------------------------------------

but with the internal IP it runs smooth and continues on to Session Start.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05/07/2012, 10:18   #2

On your server you can use your local ip addresses, only in your share folder the login,channel.csv files needs the external IP addresses
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/07/2012, 11:35   #3

ah okay. thank you.

EDIT :: I tried this, and i cant connect to server when i try to log in.

I changed all the config.ini ip address to my internal ip. but the channellist and loginlist inthe share are set to the external.
Old 05/07/2012, 13:41   #4

what about your server.config in bin?
Old 05/07/2012, 13:50   #5

Index,Name,Group,Select
0,DemoniC Dekaron,0,0