Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Helpful 5165 Thread

Discussion on Helpful 5165 Thread within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 12/15/2016, 10:13   #16

elite*gold: 0
(noob alert)
Hello,
Sorry to bring this up!

I was trying to compile when I got this error:
PInvokeStackImbalance was detected
Message: A call to PInvoke function 'NewestCOServer!NewestCOServer.Native::BF_set_key' has unbalanced the stack.

Highlighting the following code:
Code:
 public void SetKey(byte[] data)
        {
            _encryptNum = 0;
            _decryptNum = 0;
            [COLOR="Red"]Native.BF_set_key(_key, data.Length, data);[/COLOR]
        }
So I applyed Korvacs suggestion
changing
Code:
 [DllImport("libeay32.dll")]
for
Code:
[DllImport("libeay32.dll", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl)]
But now I have the following error "A call to PInvoke function 'NewestCOServer!NewestCOServer.Native::BF_cfb64_en crypt' has unbalanced the stack."

Code:
Native.BF_cfb64_encrypt(buffer, ret, buffer.Length, _key, _encryptIv, ref _encryptNum, 1);

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.
Old 12/15/2016, 14:30   #17

This happens because the libeay dll isn't compatible with the project or you're trying to run the x86 dll in a x64 project or the x64 dll in a x86 project.

If your project is x86, make sure you have the x86 libeay dll.
Old 12/16/2016, 09:21   #18

You should drop the source anyway and use another source. Becasue it's garbage anyway
Old 12/16/2016, 09:44   #19

Hi! thanks for the answers! I could solve that issue, but I got others. So I am really thinking droping the source.
Any recommendations for a nice classic source?
thanks
Old 12/16/2016, 11:51   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by corept View Post
Hi! thanks for the answers! I could solve that issue, but I got others. So I am really thinking droping the source.
Any recommendations for a nice classic source?
thanks
Just continue what you are doing don't mind them. It's not about the source it's about how you code and how you fix it. Just like shannarar classic look at them they use the same source with you and they succeeded. So continue what you are doing. and patcac have the solution for your error.
Old 12/16/2016, 14:57   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly25 View Post
Just continue what you are doing don't mind them. It's not about the source it's about how you code and how you fix it. Just like shannarar classic look at them they use the same source with you and they succeeded. So continue what you are doing. and patcac have the solution for your error.
Yeah, but if the source is ******* ****, your code will be ******* ****.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/16/2016, 15:46   #22

elite*gold: 200
Quote:
You're wrong. The source is a terrible base. The amount of time I've spent rewritting some of the old code was enough to make a better base myself by now - and trust me, considering I haven't been learning for that long it would take me quite a while (only started taking "classes" from a friend around a year and half ago) - and I haven't even starting rewritting the ridiculous way used to handle skills - can't even imagine how long I'll spend rewritting all that ****.
Just so you can have an idea, just rewritting the whole NPCDialog class (that by the time I started doing it was around 30k lines of code) took me around 2 weeks - it's all organized and scattered through different classes and trust me, it's so much easier to write everything from scratch than having to rewrite the code.

One would be better off by making a new one from scratch and get references or packet structures from this one as it has lots of content - although most are either bugged or terribly coded. But from someone who have been working with that source for around a year now, hosting a server with it will just force you to lose your time rewritting things instead of actually improving the server and honestly you learn so much more by writting things from scratch than by rewritting the same old **** over and over again.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/17/2016, 01:25   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorai View Post
You're wrong. The source is a terrible base. The amount of time I've spent rewritting some of the old code was enough to make a better base myself by now - and trust me, considering I haven't been learning for that long it would take me quite a while (only started taking "classes" from a friend around a year and half ago) - and I haven't even starting rewritting the ridiculous way used to handle skills - can't even imagine how long I'll spend rewritting all that ****.
Just so you can have an idea, just rewritting the whole NPCDialog class (that by the time I started doing it was around 30k lines of code) took me around 2 weeks - it's all organized and scattered through different classes and trust me, it's so much easier to write everything from scratch than having to rewrite the code.

One would be better off by making a new one from scratch and get references or packet structures from this one as it has lots of content - although most are either bugged or terribly coded. But from someone who have been working with that source for around a year now, hosting a server with it will just force you to lose your time rewritting things instead of actually improving the server and honestly you learn so much more by writting things from scratch than by rewritting the same old **** over and over again.
Yeah you are right about that. But the source he used for is same to classic-veteran (NCOS based if I am not wrong) so it's clearly well written source. I doubt they buy'd that source.
Old 12/17/2016, 04:41   #24

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
...so it's clearly well written source.
hilarious

There is no version of ncos that's worth using in any way shape or form. Write your own source from scratch if you want to run a server. If you cant then you have no place running a server.

If you don't have the time to do it from scratch at least start from something somewhat approaching useful like cops.

Coemu, lotf, redux, trinity are all ****** sources and should never, ever be touched if you plan to do a public project. That's not really something anyone can debate.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/19/2016, 08:39   #25

Quote:
Yeah you are right about that. But the source he used for is same to classic-veteran (NCOS based if I am not wrong) so it's clearly well written source. I doubt they buy'd that source.
I can't tell if you're just an idiot or trying to troll, because who the **** in their right mind would ever call NCOS a good source? It's garbage no matter how you look at it.
Old 12/19/2016, 13:58   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
I can't tell if you're just an idiot or trying to troll, because who the **** in their right mind would ever call NCOS a good source? It's garbage no matter how you look at it.
Why did you think your source is well written? oh come on idiot! get a life!. of course everyone can use any base source here. what the purpose of the release?. It's not about the based source It's about how you code and how you fix it! so that thing you called NCOS a garbage is the source that 90% newbie coder use it, and 9% of Redux source and 1% of your source. Have a nice day fella!
Old 12/19/2016, 14:11   #27

Quote:
Why did you think your source is well written?
Because my source isn't full of garbage, vulnerabilities, a million different coding style and hasn't been infected by a thousand camels trying to put a source together.

Quote:
so that thing you called NCOS a garbage is the source that 90% newbie coder use it, and 9% of Redux source and 1% of your source. Have a nice day fella!
Popularity does not equal quality. A small fraction uses my source, because it's only a small fraction in this community who actually has a working brain.

Old 12/19/2016, 15:20   #28

Okay ka Kokey.. I won't debate on you.