Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE] Basic SocketLibrary

Discussion on [RELEASE] Basic SocketLibrary within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[RELEASE] Basic SocketLibrary

Also part of my dump on this forum, I hope someone can use this for mainly learn purposes.

Release Notes:
This SocketLibrary (.dll) can be used for any purposes. From something big like a complete MMORPG, to something as small as a chat.

Version(s):
0.1 - The first release, not many extras yet, just a basic, but easy library to set up a socket system.

Downloads:

Contents of the Library:
A basic Socket system.
- It will listen to a certain port, and receive data from it.
- It will not handle the data yet, because you need to add that part, I cannot know what encryption/decryption you need, nor can I know what the packet processor should do.
- It can send packets back to the persons connected to it. (No encryption added of course.)
- It is very easy to create this into a nice, complete socket system.
- It will pretty much describe all mistakes I ever received with it.

How to use it?
Simply make a new thread Enabling the Socket Sys.
Code:
SocketSys _socketsys = new SocketSys(*Arguments);
new Thread(_socketsys.Enable).Start();
this code snippet should explain how to use this library.

Feedback?
Please tell me when you need help, when you want me to add a feature, or when you want to add a feature yourself!
I would also like to know what you guys think could be better, what you like, and whatsoever!

And as always, thanks are appreciated.
Old 05/06/2010, 11:16   #2

Creating a THREAD instance to start a socket? Please explain that.
Old 05/06/2010, 11:18   #3

Received Thanks: 5,293
Double thread?
Old 05/06/2010, 11:26   #4

SOCK_STREAM doesn't go with UDP mode afair. Also a thread per client model is cumbersome, async sockets model is the way to go
Old 05/06/2010, 11:53   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
Double thread?
Oh I didn't realize that.
Old 05/06/2010, 12:04   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Duplicate Release.

Closed.
Closed Thread