Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Conquer 1.0 Question] Client Issues with Chat?

Discussion on [Conquer 1.0 Question] Client Issues with Chat? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 11/15/2010, 00:07   #16

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Are you resending the chat packet after the server receives it?
Yah. I'm sending it just like it is in Impulse*'s source. It's the same thing in CoFuture. Same problem. =\ What else might it be?

edit*
Old 11/15/2010, 08:55   #17

Received Thanks: 2,518
Something in the handling of your chat packet, your trying to read alot more than you need to for the message part of the packet.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/15/2010, 09:27   #18

Quote:
Something in the handling of your chat packet, your trying to read alot more than you need to for the message part of the packet.
That's the thing... the packet length coming from the client includes the bad characters in the byte array. It comes into the packet with the extra characters already there. =\ It doesn't happen all the time either.
Old 11/15/2010, 13:25   #19

elite*gold: 0
On the first page we established that it was a problem with the client (on some peoples computers).

It's a software/hardware issue with Conquer, not the server.
Do people actually read what others post, or do they just keep pulling stuff out of their ***?
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/15/2010, 15:42   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tao4229_ View Post
On the first page we established that it was a problem with the client (on some peoples computers).

It's a software/hardware issue with Conquer, not the server.
Do people actually read what others post, or do they just keep pulling stuff out of their ***?
Yeah i read that and since the exact same client has no issue, it seems to me that its a good idea to check the server side first before people start downloading other clients to confirm if the client is infact the issue.

Just because someone states that the client is the cause does not mean that we established that to be the cause of the fault.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/15/2010, 18:00   #21

elite*gold: 28
Possibly because That client was designed with WindowsXP was out and was made for XP? Where as we are all trying to make it work with windows 7.

#edit
Just realized that it works for other people, My bad.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/15/2010, 23:48   #22

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Yeah i read that and since the exact same client has no issue, it seems to me that its a good idea to check the server side first before people start downloading other clients to confirm if the client is infact the issue.

Just because someone states that the client is the cause does not mean that we established that to be the cause of the fault.
I experienced it myself and looked at the packets. The client sends bullshit added and it's included in the length.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/16/2010, 00:51   #23

Quote:
I experienced it myself and looked at the packets. The client sends bullshit added and it's included in the length.
That's what I'm experiencing too. Is there a way we could fix it? I guess not right? It'd be in conquer.exe =\
Old 11/16/2010, 09:03   #24

Quote:
Well i dont experience it with the same client, so its worth checking both client and server, and the server is the easiest place to start.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/16/2010, 09:46   #25

Quote:
Well i dont experience it with the same client, so its worth checking both client and server, and the server is the easiest place to start.
CoFuture, Hybrid's Source, and your 4343 CoFuture source all have the same problem. Are you saying that they're all wrong then and that this isn't a client problem? What's the problem then?

#edit... forget about it. I'll just go off a different patch... =|
Old 11/16/2010, 10:28   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFang View Post
CoFuture, Hybrid's Source, and your 4343 CoFuture source all have the same problem. Are you saying that they're all wrong then and that this isn't a client problem? What's the problem then?

#edit... forget about it. I'll just go off a different patch... =|
Well since you have tried so many different projects then i would say its more likely an incompatibility issue with your computer and that particular conquer.exe, neither source nor client. Either way it seems unresolvable.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/16/2010, 10:37   #27

Quote:
Well since you have tried so many different projects then i would say its more likely an incompatibility issue with your computer and that particular conquer.exe, neither source nor client. Either way it seems unresolvable.
I tried running it in 16bit... etc. but got nothing. Whatever it is is unresolvable from my computer. Thank you Korvacs for helping me see that.
#request close
Closed Thread